“Roaches” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Roaches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just got back from Fort Myers, we stayed @ the Pierview, NEVER AGAIN, room was filled with roaches, I told front desk, they offered to come in and spray, I said Why so they can come out of walls and into our baggage. I kept the room very cold so they would stay in the walls. Noise was crazy late at night, not a place I would ever stay again, I paid 150.00 a night to have no sleep and roaches. This place is horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. I am sorry you had a disappointing stay. We occasionally do have problems with bugs but we do have a company come out and take care of the problem on a regular basis. Unfortunately being on the beach that is a problem. As for the noise I do apologize but being in that location that is where all of the beach life begins with the restaurants and lounges.

I do hope you will give us another try to make your stay a more pleasurable one. Perhaps in the future you can visit on a less busy weekend.

Respectfully

Judy Coleman

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I don't have anything good to say about this dump. Firstly before I let you know about the stay I went to management with concerns and they chose to ignore them. So when they come back with their standard reply of you should have let us know, we would have done something about it they had a chance to do something.
When we got there the ice machine was broken they put a note on it saying we could purchase ice across the street. Told them the hotel should purchase for the guests for our use. That was laughed at. The pool was closed by the health department for being dirty. They dumped massive amounts of chemicals into it and then locked the gate. Staff came out and hung a sign saying closed 1 hour. We overheard the
Health department person say shouldn't be used until the following day. I questioned it pierview said health dept said it was fine. Why would we have two different stories.....money that's why. Refrigerator full of frost. Room dirty and smelled of mold. Just a nasty dirty motel. Again they will respond with with their stock answer to a neg review. Under new management or you should have said something. I should have read reviews before booking in this rat hole.

• Stayed June 2013
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you had such a bad experience at our hotel. Had you heard the complete conversation the pool was closed due to a large amount of sand from the beach and yes we did have to shock it to get the levels correct which is a not unusual for any pool at times especially here on the beach.

Your other complaints will be addressed with the staff and I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. But we are slowly making improvements to the property and we do hope you will at least give us another opportunity to make you stay a better one. In the Ft. Myers Beach area you can't beat the location on the beautiful white sand beaches and the local night life with shops and the entertainment in the area. This coupled with our on-going improvements will make this a one of a kind location.

Respectfully,

Judy Coleman
Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the fourth year in a row we've stayed at the Pierview Hotel. This year our room was not up to par as the original room we reserved was smoke filled. Desk clerk moved us and discounted our stay. I agree rooms are in dire need of upgrading but we didn't spend that much time in the room so we were okay with it. Front desk clerks are very good tour guides giving excellent suggestions on where to eat, best entertainment and even arranged transportation back and forth from the airport. WORD OF CAUTION: do not go over ANY holiday weekend. Everyone from Miami comes to Ft. Myers and they are loud and obnoxious but if you're looking for a quiet place to vacation WHY ARE YOU GOING TO THE BEACH? After the holiday was over we returned to the peaceful atmosphere. Next year we will rent a suite for an even more relaxing time. The new paint scheme on the outside is going to be great when finished and we're told the hotel is being remodeled by the new owner (December 2012). We've stayed in a ton of places that were way worse and had terrible customer service. This place ranks so high in customer service, convenience and location that you don't mind the smaller rooms.
My biggest complaint was no wi-fi service was available from our room, had to go to the lobby. Owner MUST fix that to improve overall experience. EVERYBODY in these days and times needs to stay connected. Shame on owner and GM for not addressing that issue ASAP.

Room Tip: choose a suite or any room facing the pool for better wi-fi
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, Guest Relations Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your stay at our hotel. It has been a long time coming but we are finally getting the upgrade we so desperately needed. I am glad that you were able to experience some of the service enhancements that we have been working on with our staff to ensure our guests are well attended to during their stay. Please rest assured we are in the process of making product improvements as well, and we do hope you will come back and experience the changes we are making. I do apologize about the internet that has been a battle here but please rest assured we are working with the cable company to make sure that problem is solved as well. In the Ft. Myers Beach area, you can't beat our hotels location on the wonderful white sand beaches; this, coupled with our on-going improvements makes this a one of a kind location. We do look forward to having you back on your next trip to the area.
Thank you.
Fort Myers, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We live in Fort Myers, and have stayed at Fort Myers Beach many times, but we have never stayed at Pierview. At the last minute, we (my mother, my son and his friend, and myself) decided to spend Mother's Day at the beach. My mother is elderly and not well, and the beach is her favorite place in the whole world. So what better Mother's Day present than spending the night? I called the place where we usually stay and they were booked, so I found Pierview. I've seen Pierview from the outside many times, and thought it looked like a nice-enough place, and the price was certainly right, so I decided to take a chance.

I can honestly say that this was one of the worst nights I've ever spent in a hotel room. But I try to find the good in everything, so first,

The pros: 1. The lady at the front desk, while a bit loud and brash, was nice enough. (Although she announced my room number loud enough for everyone in the lobby to hear...a big no-no in the hotel industry). 2. The room was literally right on the beach, with a nice little porch and chairs to enjoy the beautiful view. 3. The room seemed pretty clean. 4. The bed was pretty comfortable, and there were extra pillows in the closet.

The cons: 1. The room was incredibly small. Two double beds barely fit into the tiny space. And the furniture/decor was circa 1980's thrift shop. (The dresser literally had duct tape holding it together.) 2. The bathroom was a complete disaster. One sink didn't work at all and was extremely worn and damaged. (wish I would have taken a picture....words can't describe...) The other sink did work, but only had hot water, so if we needed/wanted cold water, we had to use the tub faucet. 3. The room only had one plug for the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, so if you wanted to use one thing, another thing had to be unplugged. 4. And the table next to the coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave had to be moved to get to them, because the room was so small. But when the table was moved, it blocked the main door to the room, so then it had to be moved back. 5. And the worst of all....the noise and the rowdy guests (and these weren't just teenagers/young adults....these were also middle aged people acting like kids.) None of us slept a wink that night. All around us there was banging, doors slamming, people yelling, laughing, running in and out of their rooms. I called the front desk at 1:00 am, again at 2:30 am, and then again at 3:30 am. Finally at around 4:30 am, everyone must have passed out, because it got quiet. We were so exhausted the next day that we literally slept on the beach. Nice Mother's Day.

I will never stay at this hotel again. How does the saying go? You get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the fact that you had such a bad experience here. Unfortunately, we cannot do much about the size of the rooms and other people's behavior such as "the rowdy guests" or the "middle aged people acting like kids" that you mentioned in your review. This end of the beach has always been considered the "Party" end of the beach what with bars, restaurants and shops all within walking distance. As to the issues with the room, if you had made your concerns known to the front desk, these things would have been attended to immediately. As you may know, the property is under new ownership/management and they are doing all that is possible to upgrade the rooms and make product improvements We do hope you will consider making a return visit to experience these changes. In the Ft Myers Beach area, you cannot beat our hotel's location and that coupled with the wonderful white sandy beaches makes this a one of a kind locale. Again, we do so look forward to the time when you will give us another try. Best regards, Judy Coleman, Gen. Mgr.
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this at 2:27am after telling teens/college kids to keep it down! This is a dump where spring break type party's happen throughout the halls & outdoors. You will hear Slamming of room doors all night and groups of drunk kids running around everywhere! I'm in hell. Front desk people are rude & a joke. Beds are hard & unbearable. Adjoining Door lock broken --you wont feel safe here! Bathroom seats stained. Water drips all night in tub. Fridge reeks! Bar next door plays loud music. Drunks everywhere! Parking is tight. Pool is a joke! StAy AWAY!

• Stayed May 2013
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I apologize that you had such an unfortunate experience here! However, had you mentioned any of the issues you mentioned in your review to the front desk they could have been attended to.Coming at this time of year when prom and graduations are going on, the beach is always loud and crazy and I do apologize for the noise. However, having said that allow me to inform you that the beach is a "party beach". We do endeavor. to inform all adults when they arrive at this time of year, that it is prom and graduation time so that they are prepared. If you were looking for peace and quite and sereneness, this end of the beach is not it. As for the bar next door, we do not own it and therefore have no control over loud music, etc. and we certainly have no control over drunks and people's drinking habits. "let he who is without fault, cast the first stone" I'm guessing that you have never consumed to much alcohol. Good luck in the future in all your endeavors.. Regards, Judy Coleman, Gen Mgr.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We been coming to fort Myers beach for the past 3 years. Thought we'd give this place a try. They told us they remodeled the rooms but the furniture looked old and the TV looked like it was from 1980. No table to eat at. Had to lay in bed to eat. Ants, roaches everwhere. Went down to the pool, couldnt bring myself to get in it.. Pool was absolutely green. Was nasty.. Ended up hanging out at another hotel (Neptune) just to swim in there pool. I wouldn't recommend this place to no one.

• Stayed May 2013
I apologize that you had such an unfortunate experience here! However, had you reported any of the issues you mentioned in your review to the front desk they could have been attended to immediately. We recently went through an ownership/management change and have been working on making improvements to this wonderful beachfront hotel. Please, rest assured that we are in the process of making product improvements as well, and we do hope that you might consider coming back and seeing us at a later date and experience first hand the upgrades. Oh, and by the way, the pool was not green! Have a nice day. Regards, Judy Coleman, Gen Mgr.
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Pierview 2x's. The 1st time back in 2007 and it was not impressionable at all!!! The room was small, dingy, dirty and quite disgusting.

6 yrs later (April 2013) I again booked at the Pierview (to find out there are new owners) and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. This hotel is far from a 5 stars but newly painted outside with new porch chairs, a clean pool and for the most part a friendly staff. To my surprise, the room was clean, there was a new TV and I felt safe knowing that a staff member patrolled the grounds at night. Although my reservation was messed up, the front desk staff compensated me accordingly.

Located in the perfect spot, close to everything Ft. Myers Beach has to offer, I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: call day before or day of to confirm your reservation.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about the hotel. It's great to hear from guests that can see the changes that have been made and most of these changes are due to the terriific efforts of the new owners. Of course, they are most anxious to continue with these improvements now that season and spring break are over with. And along with our white sandy beaches and sparkling blue waters, once all updating is completed, we will be a one of a kind hotel with the best location on Ft. Myers Beach! Hoping to see you folks back here really soon. Best Regards, Judy Coleman, General Manager.

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!