We live in Fort Myers, and have stayed at Fort Myers Beach many times, but we have never stayed at Pierview. At the last minute, we (my mother, my son and his friend, and myself) decided to spend Mother's Day at the beach. My mother is elderly and not well, and the beach is her favorite place in the whole world. So what better Mother's Day present than spending the night? I called the place where we usually stay and they were booked, so I found Pierview. I've seen Pierview from the outside many times, and thought it looked like a nice-enough place, and the price was certainly right, so I decided to take a chance.
I can honestly say that this was one of the worst nights I've ever spent in a hotel room. But I try to find the good in everything, so first,
The pros: 1. The lady at the front desk, while a bit loud and brash, was nice enough. (Although she announced my room number loud enough for everyone in the lobby to hear...a big no-no in the hotel industry). 2. The room was literally right on the beach, with a nice little porch and chairs to enjoy the beautiful view. 3. The room seemed pretty clean. 4. The bed was pretty comfortable, and there were extra pillows in the closet.
The cons: 1. The room was incredibly small. Two double beds barely fit into the tiny space. And the furniture/decor was circa 1980's thrift shop. (The dresser literally had duct tape holding it together.) 2. The bathroom was a complete disaster. One sink didn't work at all and was extremely worn and damaged. (wish I would have taken a picture....words can't describe...) The other sink did work, but only had hot water, so if we needed/wanted cold water, we had to use the tub faucet. 3. The room only had one plug for the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, so if you wanted to use one thing, another thing had to be unplugged. 4. And the table next to the coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave had to be moved to get to them, because the room was so small. But when the table was moved, it blocked the main door to the room, so then it had to be moved back. 5. And the worst of all....the noise and the rowdy guests (and these weren't just teenagers/young adults....these were also middle aged people acting like kids.) None of us slept a wink that night. All around us there was banging, doors slamming, people yelling, laughing, running in and out of their rooms. I called the front desk at 1:00 am, again at 2:30 am, and then again at 3:30 am. Finally at around 4:30 am, everyone must have passed out, because it got quiet. We were so exhausted the next day that we literally slept on the beach. Nice Mother's Day.
I will never stay at this hotel again. How does the saying go? You get what you pay for. Lesson learned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pierview Hotel & Suites located on beautiful Fort Myers Beach in southwest Florida! Our hotel is just feet away from the Gulf of Mexico and miles of white sandy beaches. Guests can watch nightly sunsets from the hotel's heated beachfront pool.This hotel offers 62 guestrooms in a three-story building with exterior corridors. All rooms provide compact refrigerators, microwaves, in-room safes, cable TVs, wireless internet and speakerphones with voice mail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pierview Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierview Hotel And Suites
- Pierview Hotel Fort Myers Beach