“***Hotel in need of improvement***” 2 of 5 stars

Pierview Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Chicago
“***Hotel in need of improvement***”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this property over the weekend. I have seen good and bad over my stay. The hotel is very nicely situated, right on the beach in the heart of the town. The staff is very nice and I have seen much work in progress towards renovation.

The staff informed me that the Patel Family bought the property in December. Considering that it is under new ownership, I do not want to be too hard here. They informed me that the rooms are being refurbished. Also, the hotel is being painted on the exterior.

The main negative point is the lack of cleanliness in the rooms. I stayed in two different rooms over the weekend and they were quite dirty. This must not be two isolated as other guests were complaining about the same issue.

Some other points cannot be helped. The rooms are small, parking is scarce and so forth.

The staff is very nice. My suggestion is that they clean up the rooms immediately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Pierview Hotel & Suites. As you know we have recently changed ownership and are in the process of some major changes to this wonderful beachfront hotel.

I am sorry about the problems you had during your stay at our hotel, I will definetly address them with the staff. And you can be assured if you give us another opportunity to have you stay at our hotel you will see the changes you have mentioned.

You can't beat the hotel location on the wonderful white sand beaches; this coupled with our on-going improvements will make this a one of a kind location. We do hope you will come back and see us again and give us the opportunity to make your next stay a pleasent beach experience.

Respectfully,
Pierview Hotel Staff,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sudbury, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

my wife and i spent 11 days too many in this hotel,first day no clock,toilet roll holder,coffee pot,iron was broken,the maid was terrible and had a real issue on cleaning our room even left cups under the bed from previous people.Sheila at the front desk was very helpful,we should have looked at the room before but didnt as the outside looked very nice and just goes to say dont judge a book by its cover,to say this room needs a little TLC is an understatement asit needs way more than this. brian sudbury ontario canada

Room Tip: see it first
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We are in the process of some major upgrades and do appreciate your input.

I do apologize for the problems you had during your stay and I do remember speaking with you personally. If I may say we did tend to your problems immediatley once they were brought to our attention. And from that point we had our housekeeping manager clean your room for you daily with no further complaints from you. I have made many changes since your stay with us and do hope you will give us another chance to see the changes made.

Again, we will be making more changes and improvements to the property in the near future! In the Ft. Myers Beach area, you can't beat our hotels locations and the beautiful white sand beaches; This coupled with our on-going improvements will make this a one of a kind location. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Respectf;ully,

Pierview Hotel
Mound, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We switched to this hotel from an awful party hotel down the road and it was a 100% improvement. The first room we got was the only one left & it was small & the bathroom layout was ridiculous, but we were lucky to have even found a room so late at night. The next day we were able to switch rooms when one opened up and it was bigger & worked out just fine--very nice views from inside the room & the balcony. My only advice to the management would be to invest in new curtains--the vertical blinds were broken in both rooms we stayed in & were missing several blinds so we had to hang a towel for privacy. It's nice & quiet though & the staff was nice. Good location, affordable.

Stayed February 2013
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
thank you for taking the time to post a review in regard to your stay. We are thrilled to learn you had a wonderful time here and would visit us again. We are constantly making improvements to the property and we will continue to strive to make all our guests'future stays a "beachy" experience. Thank you Judy Coleman, General Manager
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Pierview. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I love the warm pool and the view from my balcony! The beach is right there along with all the shopping and restaurants. The room looks to have been recently renovated/updated. It was very clean. Comfy beds and nice tile floors. I read in earlier reviews that there was sand in the rooms. DUHHHH!!! Its right by the beach. It is nearly impossible to avoid that. Even after it is swept. This hotel is just right for my needs and the price! Thank you for a great holiday vacation experience!

Room Tip: Call the Hotel for reservations. Its cheaper than most apps/websites.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
judycoleman1, Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regard to your stay. We are thrilled to learn you had a wonderful time here and would come back again. We are constantly making improvements to the property and we will continue to strive to make all our guests' future stays a "beachy" experience! Thank You Judy Coleman, General Manager

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!