“Don't waste your time or money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Myers Beach Days Inn Island Beach Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach Days Inn Island Beach Resort
You added Fort Myers Beach Days Inn Island Beach Resort to your Saves list
1130 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #42 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
davie
“Don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed here during an emergency trip. Room was ok, mildew in shower, toilet and sink drained slow - but I had limited time in room and made do. Next morning was disturbed not once, but 3 times by maids beginning at 8:30am. I was working on my computer, and it was annoying. Checked out & intended to go home, but situation required I stay. I checked back in since I knew the rate, and they raised it the 2nd night without notifying me. First room was full of a swarm of large flies. I complained and was given a different room.Room stunk, I hoped it would go away because I didn't have time to do anything I had business to attend to. Came back late, still stunk. Woke up to something stabbing my leg, and after several searches found a burr in the blanket. Couldn't fall back asleep due to pipe noises in ceiling, then got up and there was no hot water. Had ice cold shower, complained as I checked out, they promised the manager Laurie would call me to work something out before charging my card. She never called. They charged me full price. I complained 2 more times to her, and once to corporate before she called. She then told me I didn't know how to work the shower. 3 more calls to corporate, she refunded one night, then hit my account with an unauthorized charge of 1/2 a night. This was over a month after my stay! Corporate says they can't do anything and I have to deal directly with her. My advice - Don't go! Rooms are nasty, manager is incompetent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2004

When I go to a beach resort I go for the beach...the room is a place to sleep...I don't plan on spending my life in the room...you can't beat the location or the price.

Valparaiso, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2004

Small rooms, accomodations and extras did not meet expectations.

New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2004

Thank goodness the beach location was fantastic, because this hotel offers nothing else. The rooms are so small, you can't even pull the chair away from the desk to sit in it. The matresses, are beyond worn-out. We had a street-side room, which is about 4' from the cars & motorcycles revving their engines as they pass by. The pool is no bigger than an oversize Bathtub. We made the mistake of staying here during Spring-Break. Do yourself a favor & spend the extra $$ on a nicer hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2003

excellent location, You can walk to everything. Avoid the small rooms , they are the size of a closet. staff was attentive and responsive.
parking is a problem on weekends. Lot does not hold enough cars .Make sure you book a 2 bedroom room.

Been to Fort Myers Beach Days Inn Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!