“Our 32nd wedding anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4TH NIGHT FREE
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Mansfield Ma.USA
“Our 32nd wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had an amazing time staying at the Pink Shell.We had a beautiful suite with an enclosed porch facing the Gulf and a similar balcony facing the marina with Jacuzzi on the marina side.Our check-in was as smooth as silk,the Valet service was great.this resort is the nicest place to stay on Ft. Myers beach.The sunsets are incredible the soft sandy beach was cleaned every morning,umbrellas and chase lounges were plentiful.The beach staff,pool staff,restaurant staff and housekeeping treated us like we were the only couple staying there,so pleasant.Food at the breakfast buffet as well as at the pool side was prepared well and there are plenty of choices at both.We will stay at the Pink Shell again without question.

Room Tip: we stayed on floor 7 building #3 in a suite awesome shower bed and bath with amazing views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SeniorPSR, Public Relations Manager at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Happy Anniversary! We are so pleased that you were extremely satisfied with your accommodations and the value of our resort. Thank you for your compliments of our associates. Delivering outstanding service is so important to us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Fort Myers Beach. Thank you for staying with us!

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Best vacation I've ever had. The only drawback was that it wasn't long enough. Great food, great beach, great clean pool and rooms with breathtaking views. A nice walk or short tram ride takes you downtown to all the shops and restaurants. I loved everything about this place and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are happy to have provided you with the best vacation you have ever had! We put an extraordinary effort into making each day at the Pink Shell an exciting time. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Lovely hotel! Location was just amazing! Rooms were spotless! Cleaning staff and restaurant staff were exceptional!
Tips - You pay a resort fee! Although they claim (at check in) that things are free. The resort fee covers them! Cheeky!
Tips - Unless your breakfast is included with your booking. It is overpriced! Its nice but not worth paying full price for!
Tips - Restaurant s nearby are poor. Cheap trashy food. The place we found was a short drive away from Fort Myers Beach. Crab Shack was good.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you very much for staying at the Pink Shell Beach Resort and Marina for your recent vacation. You are correct, we charge a daily resort fee per room per day, which is standard amongst resorts in our area. What makes the Pink Shell a special place, are the amenities that we offer at no additional charge: Breakfast for 2 per day, complimentary beach tote and Fiji bottled water upon arrival, 2 complimentary drinks from Bongo's, complimentary use of beach lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, kayaks, and paddle boards. These additions were all in response to our guests requesting we offer these amenities. I am delighted that you had a lovely stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

If I we're to sum it up in a word I'd ask for two .... tourist trap. The place is nice, clean enough, the staff is friendly and well trained, the ocean view is good, the bed was comfortable ( looking for the positives here). The problems, all relate to value. If you buy something cheap and it works ok, not great, your like "it works good for what it cost". If it works really well, you tell your friends. If it breaks the first time you use it your like " cheap piece of crap". The bottom line, you expect more when you spend more. Last year I took my family to Ft Lauderdale for the same type vacation, stayed in a comparable, probably bigger ocean front condo, for a little over half what this was. Ft Lauderdale was every bit as nice, a better stay, better value as a town, I left thinking my hard earned cash was well spent. I budget for vacation, take my family, pay air fare etc. I take one week a year, work 51. Ft Meyer and especially The Pink Shell have nothing to offer over Ft Lauderdale.

Now the bad. The internet. Really?? What'd I do, go back to the 80s? Internet should be a given. If I were to stay in a motel 6 I would not even ask if they had free internet. They had some storms just before we arrived but come on, 5 days with no internet?? And when you had it, it was like dial up, seriously, you couldn't watch a U tube video or down load anything. Oh, they had "fast" internet available for 8.95 per day extra. I'm not making this up.

No coffee in the lobby. OK, there was coffee but it was nearly 4 bucks a cup.

The room was OK as I said but we had 5 adults and a 2 year old. Plenty of sleeping space but one two person love seat in the living area. Yep, there were fights for the seats.

The temp was 100+ indices every day we were there. Not their fault but not near enough shade. The one shaded area they had around the pool was used at least 3 times the week we were there for banquets. Jockeying for the too few umbrellas was common. The last day I sat under one, after moving it around to get the shade to fall on my seat, a worker came around and promptly closed it. They close them at 6PM but get an early start most days. It had been an extra hot day, I had some other things to do and had just gotten there. 10 -15 minutes later at 5:40 a worker came by and closed the umbrella. I got up, came to my room and typed this review.

Food. Breakfast is good. If you're like the 80% of Americans that like to pull up to a trough and gorge yourself, you'll love it. If your like the small minority of us that like to eat healthy, you can find good choices, it will just still cost you 16 bucks, give or take a few pennies. The other food choice is a very mediocre bar and grill with prices that rival fine dining. If you're taking your family to a resort, they need to offer affordable family dining so they can go down and eat as their differing schedules allow, not seize on the fact they have you now let's milk them clean.

If you don't want to rent a car ( not sure if they offer shuttle service, I didn't see any) the square they tell you about when you're renting is 3/4 mile away. Now, I'm a walker, no problem. The rest of my family is not, plus, we have a 2 year old. Once you get there you'll find several places to eat that once again have mediocre to bad food at fine dining prices. The stores are the same.

So, all in all as the title says, just not a good value. If I'd spent half, I'd probably not be writing this review but still wouldn't want to come back. Service means more than smiling faces and attempts to be of physical service as appears to be the way resorts/hotels are training their staff. Give me value for my hard earned cash. If I spent $2000 dollars, give me $2000 worth of service. If I spent $4000 (probably close to what my final checkout will be, I'm still here) give me $4000 worth of service.. (at least) Then, I'll come back and tell my friends. As it is, I won't come back to Ft Meyers at all, I feel like the entire area where we were was not a good value. We usually stay somewhere in the gulf. Next year I'll go back there or maybe I'll try the Carolina coast or I'd for sure go back to Ft Lauderdale. I feel pretty sure where ever I go there will be complimentary coffee in the lobby I can have with my newspaper ( they were free in the lobby BTW) when I don't want to pay $16 for a bowl of fruit.

Oh, the tv pretty much sucked too.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SeniorPSR, General Manager at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
I am disappointed to read of your experience with your recent stay. It is our goal to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable vacation. We experienced a severe lightening storm which struck our resort prior to your arrival which took us almost a week to recover with replacement parts being shipped from across the country. It is unfortunate when elements as this cause such a disruption and are out of our control. Thank you for providing your feedback. As I mentioned when we spoke on the phone, should you return to the Fort Myers Beach area, we would be delighted to welcome you back to our resort.

Respectfully,

Steve Contes
Juno Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The Pink Shell offers lovely amenities and wonderful location. We enjoyed a 2 night stay with our young son in a well appointed room overlooking the gulf. We ate at Bongo's Beach bar and liked the food and ambiance. We appreciated the free beach chairs & umbrellas & others and the fact that there was multiple pools. The main pool was busy & it was nice to enjoy the kids splash pool for a bit. I thought the activities offered were great & reasonably priced. We also watched the movie by the pool that was a fun treat. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am thrilled to hear you would love to return to the Pink Shell! What wonderful memories you have from your recent visit. We look forward to providing you with another great stay at our resort. Thank you for choosing us amongst all other Fort Myer Beach hotels and resorts. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

ljackson97
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We chose the pink shell resort for our honeycation based on all of the excellent trip advisor reviews that we read in the months prior. We wanted to get away and It feel like we were at a Caribbean resort without leaving the USA. The Pink Shell did not disappoint. We arrived to an amazing room with chocolate covered strawberries awaiting us. We had what seemed like a full condo with a real kitchen and living room separated from the bedroom and bathroom areas. The bedroom and bed were inviting and very comfortable. We loved the Simmons Beauty Rest bed. Both my wife and I slept GREAT the entire trip. We are actually shopping around for one now! Our views were unbelievable too. The front balcony with the jacuzzi faced Estero bay with yachts passing by all day. Our back balcony faced the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Both were screened in with chaise lounges and tables.
The grounds were clean and very well manicured. The beaches were raked and were powdery white. When going to the beach, the resort had lounges and umbrellas under which to lay as the breeze and ocean sounds melted real life away. The pools were also very well kept and were clean. We would beach it in the morning and go to the pool in the afternoon.
The food onsite was above average too. Bongos had great food poolside. The chicken wings were REALLY good. I know you are probably thinking "chicken wings, that's not hard to mess up." Listen, these wings were AMAZING. The burgers were great. The drinks at the bar were strong and fruity. The service was great. We also did the sunset dinner on the beach. It was something so special and romantic. It was not cheap but the memories made are priceless. The server was great and the dinner was really good. We ate excellent food and watched the sun sink into the ocean with sand in our toes. That experience is priceless.
I highly recommend this resort for couples. I know there are a lot of reviews about families but it's not just a family place. We never felt like we were overrun by kids and such. There were plenty of families onsite but it did not effect our privacy or ability to relax. This trip was well worth every cent paid. We will return next year!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the room with the jacuzzi. It's well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our resort to celebrate your Honeymoon! I am happy to know we provided a relaxing and romantic stay for you and your spouse. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I make it a point to visit The Pink Shell at least once a year!! The hotel and amenities are phenomenal!! We have 4 children and love the activities on premises for all of the different age groups. The ultimate place for family time, relaxation, and things to do "after hours" for the adults!!

Room Tip: We love the Captiva Bldg
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I want to thank you for submitting a review of our resort. For an avid visitor to the Fort Myers Beach area such as yourself, your compliments of the Pink Shell are quite an honor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!