This was our second visit to the Pink Shell as my husband and I visited last year and decided to return with our family for a summer holiday. It was a good decision! We had a fabulous week in a huge 2 bedroom suite in the White Sands Villas with a super balcony overlooking the Gulf and Octopool. We were on the 7th floor so not too close to the noise from the pool and bar, which could be quite noisy in the evening, but the room was so huge that once our 4yr old granddaughter was in the bedroom, she could not hear it at all.
The kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed, including a washer/dryer and a spacious, comfortable living/dining room that we were happy to return to when the sun got too hot.
We had the buffet breakfast, which included a variety of hot foods with an omelette station, fresh waffles, fresh fruit, pastries and breads for toasting. We all found something to please us each day.
We also ate dinner at the pool bar one evening, where the menu was small but again we could all find something. The food was delicious, but quite expensive and it was a pool bar, so not necessarily the most comfortable venue. We found lots of great restaurants in the area.
The main pool (Octopool) was the most popular and we saw a few arguments over saved sun beds, but there were 2 other pools where we could always find a place to sit. The beach was super. It was raked every morning, so always clean and firm and the beach beds and umbrellas were free to use, which in our experience is very rare. The Gulf was a bit murky, but warm as a bath. There were lots of water activities for those who wanted them too.
Generally the staff were friendly and helpful, although housekeeping were a bit tetchy when we asked them to come back to our room later and the staff seating us for breakfast were sometimes quite brusque if they were busy, but the waiting staff were very courteous.
We all had a great holiday and if visiting this area again, would certainly return to the Pink Shell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Estero Island along the beaches of Fort Myers, the 12-acre Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina caters to families, couples and various groups seeking a memorable four-star resort experience. We are also a tropical premier location for destination weddings. We focus on providing our guests with attentive service and uncompromising levels of cleanliness in a surrounding that provides breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico and our sugar white sand beach. At the Pink Shell, "The Only Thing We Overlook Is The Beach." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pink Shell Beach Resort And Marina
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Pink Shell Beach Hotel