A mostly friendly resort that caters well for families, stayed as part of Offshore Sailing School Learn to Sail course
- 2 bedroom beach villa very spacious with all the facilities including good sized fridge, a bit worn in places but still very comfortable. Suggest asking for high floor to avoid noise from car park under building.
- valet (Bob) and maintenance (Charlie) very friendly and helpful, a real credit to resort
- quieter end of Fort Myers Beach (disregarding the resort itself and the pool/bar area full of children having fun which was good to see)
- Sandy on concierge very good (about the only staff member who knew what the sailing school was having completed the course herself)
- plenty of beach loungers to use
- service at Bongos (food and bar) very friendly with the exception of 'L' who also worked in breakfast restaurant
- plenty of facilities available
- great beach views
The not quite so good:
- pool water quality more like swimming in sunscreen, not surprising given hot weather and high volume of children in pool although have been in many other pools in similar climates and they have not been as 'greasy'
- always entertaining to see just how many of pool sun loungers 'reserved' with towels at 7.30am when we where on way to breakfast, most usually
- separate building for breakfast (Sanibel)
- unusually no shower gel provided, soap instead - shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser is provided however
- if using beach loungers don't expect a quiet idyllic experience, for example resort provide table for 2 on the beach - to set up the staff drive around the table for ages in one of the beach carts smoothing out sand with tyres and they may be electric but are usually laden with equipment rattling around
- think carefully about doing the table for 2 on the beach, a great idea but don't forget it's a public beach and there are lots of children playing with balls all around
- separate building for breakfast frustrating as you have to use several gates to access restaurant
- pool area noisy late into evening, good to see children having fun, just be aware if in main building
- majority of hotel staff are not aware of Offshore Sailing School, for example, breakfast 'to go' was supposed to be available but breakfast staff clueless so this was not actually an option
- the staff seating guests at breakfast quite rude, one in particular (name began with L) more interested in chatting with staff than being helpful. Example: we stood for several minutes at stand for being seated but no-one came over to seat us (7.40am and not busy), asked 'L' for help who was walking right by us who just mumbled something and walked off so we went and sat down, suddenly the person apparently supposed be doing the seating appeared from nowhere and challenged me saying 'you can't sit down unless I tell you but I'll let you this time'! I would however say that those actually waiting tables were very good, thankfully. Given that the majority of resort staff are very friendly the poor service being seated at breakfast stands out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Estero Island along the beaches of Fort Myers, the 12-acre Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina caters to families, couples and various groups seeking a memorable four-star resort experience. We are also a tropical premier location for destination weddings. We focus on providing our guests with attentive service and uncompromising levels of cleanliness in a surrounding that provides breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico and our sugar white sand beach. At the Pink Shell, "The Only Thing We Overlook Is The Beach." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Pink Shell Beach Resort And Marina
- Pink Shell Beach Hotel