We booked this placed based on recommendations from others. We should have thought about the parties recommending. Money isn't an issue and they have small children. This place is alright for families with small children but we were traveling with a 10 & 12 year old so the pools were small and closed too early.
We paid top dollar and got a unit with a tiny kitchen and no dining table except the one on the patio. We would have been very disappointed if it had been any cooler. They advertise full appliances but only have microwave/oven combo.
The noise here makes it anything but relaxing. The pool fountains are very loud (the only good part of the pools closing early is that they shut them off). They are also running generators during the day that are incredibly loud. It made sitting by the adult pool out of the question.
We arrived around 1pm, they gave us our wristbands and said they would let us know as soon as our room was ready. When ordering a second drink at the bar they told us what our room number was. We decided to take a peak at the location and found our room was ready and clean. We did not receive a call to our cel phone letting us know the room number until we had already been there an hour, at 3:30. I guess they prefer you keep spending until it is check in time.
The beaches are beautiful! Fine white sand. However, the ocean water here is brown and not very inviting to swim in. If you've visited blue waters elsewhere, you'll be disappointed.
I grabbed a bath towel after showering and found it to have 3 holes in it. The expression machine was not working in the lobby store this morning. I could go on but it just adds up to an overpriced, disappointing destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Estero Island along the beaches of Fort Myers, the 12-acre Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina caters to families, couples and various groups seeking a memorable four-star resort experience. We are also a tropical premier location for destination weddings. We focus on providing our guests with attentive service and uncompromising levels of cleanliness in a surrounding that provides breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico and our sugar white sand beach. At the Pink Shell, "The Only Thing We Overlook Is The Beach." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pink Shell Beach Resort And Marina
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Pink Shell Beach Hotel