“Great view of the Gulf!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
25% Off 4 Nights or More
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Great view of the Gulf!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a good hotel. We were looking for relaxation at the beach and this is the place to go. We enjoyed the unrestricted view of the beach and Gulf of Mexico as well as the short walk into town. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The only downside is the restaurant that they have for dinner. We ate there twice and were disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Pink Shell March 8th to the 16th. We stayed in the Sanibel rooms. Arrived at 3pm and even though check in is not till 4 was disappointed our room was not ready. 4:05 we got a call our room was ready. Breakfasts were nice each day. We like the Pink Shell for location. Easy to walk to Times Square area, but on a quieter end of the beach. We would always recommend the Pink Shell.

• Stayed March 2013
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Pink Shell the end of January 2013. We loved the facility, the staff, the FREE breakfast buffet was awesome! The rooms were comfortable and super clean. The bed was very comfortable. We will definately be back and recommend to anyone we know that will be traveling to this area. This is the best place to stay on Fort Myers Beach! Thank you trip advisor!! We use you to choose our hotel destinations!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

First time staying here and definitely would again. Had a 1 bedroom, 5th floor, in the Captiva Villas. Gorgeous! Loved the layout of the villa and the view of the beach was awesome. I have a picture of that view on my desktop so I can reminiscence how fabulous it was. The food was great at Bongo's Bar and Grill, but the drinks could have been better. This was my only complaint. My sister and I both agreed that none of the drinks we had there contained much of the alcohol we paid for. They were very tasty, but that was all. We had a Bloody Mary, Pina Colada and some other kind of daiquiri during our stay. Finally decided to stick with beer so we could be sure what we were getting when in the bar area. Suggest bring your own, drink in your room or go to the Times Square area. Other than that, I love the Pink Shell!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If a great beach is your priority, then Pink Shell Resort may be the place for you. If you want a great beach AND a family resort, then Pink Shell Resort should be on your list of top places to stay in the Ft. Myers area. Two pools, rental jet skis and other fun things, daily activities for kids and a totally family friendly staff assured plenty of choices for families. We enjoyed one of the villas and only wished the hotel had a nice restaurant for dinner. The breakfast was very good and it was disappointing that lovely room wasn't open for other meals.

Room Tip: Villa rooms are quieter and away from the noisy pool. However those rooms all have outdoor porches...
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from Fort Myers Beach and had a wonderful time. One of the highlights of this trip was the dinner we had on the beach served by Dane at The Pink Shell Beach Resort! I had read about a dinner on the beach on Trip Advisor and thought it sounded wonderful. The only complication was that we weren't staying at The Pink Shell. I called and spoke with Sandy (a concierge) she was extremely helpful even after I told her that we weren't staying at the resort.Sandy informed me this was not an issue, then proceeded to describe how wonderful this dinner would be. I reserved our dinner and was anxiously waiting to experience dinner on the beach! The weather was not good on Wednesday so after several calls back & forth we rescheduled for Saturday. Sandy was very patient & helpful throughout this process! We weren't sure what to expect, but from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty! We were escorted to our private dinner table by Dane, who was our server for the evening. The setting on the table & the sunset were breathtakingly beautiful, the service was superb & the food was fabulous! Dane saw to our every need, even bringing out a warm blanket to wrap around my shoulders as the evening grew cooler. Dane's service was unbelievable, he took pictures for us & anticipated every need. The food was delicious and then Dane brought out the desert! Oh my, I didn' t think I could eat one more bite but I couldn't resist having desert! I would like to send out a big "Thank You" to Sandy & Dane for making this dinner such a wonderful memory! I can't really rate the actual resort as we didn't stay here but we did walk through the pool area and check everything out and I have decided it is where I want to stay the next time we come to Ft. Myers Beach! Once again Dane & Sandy, THANK YOU!

toledo, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The pink shell thinks of everything you need. Once there, you never have to leave. It caters to all and their staff Wants to help you. The accommodations are above average to deluxe. My husband wanted a quieter room than what we were given, no problem," we will change your room". He didnt want to be above the pool. He liked to sit on the balcony and didnt want to hear the noised below. We couldn't ask for more. Again, I praise the staff for all their help.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!