“back again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Back at the Pink shell again for the 5th time. We stayed in the White Sands building this time and really enjoyed it. The rooms are big and very clean. I loved the washer and dryer right in the room! We had awesome views of the gulf and the sunset. We also overlooked the octo-pool. I really enjoyed sitting at the sanibel view pool and the Captiva pool and reading my book. It is quieter at these two pools. the beach was great. We were close to times square and walked up there everyday for the resturants, shopping or just to sit up there. Bowditch park and close and a great place to watch the boats come and go. there were also lots of dolphins to watch. We ate at bongos and had drinks there. Nice to not have to leave the resort if you don't want to too. The breakfast is fantastic. Lots of different things to eat. the staff was very nice and helpful. We will vbe back again soon!

Room Tip: Not really a bad room there - we have stayed in all 3 buildings and all have greatr views of the gul...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SeniorPSR, Public Relations Manager at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful vacation at our resort. There are many resorts on Fort Myers Beach, so thank you for choosing to stay with us year after year. We look forward to many more years of welcoming you back. Take care!

1,675 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Read 35 pages of reviews before we booked. Discovered they were all true, the good, the bad, the ugly, so there is nothing much unique to add. We had the room in Captiva villa with the double lanias and soaking tub, it was great. Every evening after the sunsets on the beach from the front we would ajourn to the bay side, soak in the tub and enjoy the boats. It was like a beautiful boat show with yachts and resort cruisers and all the ''big city lights'', extremely enjoyable after a long hard day of touring the area beaches. Don't miss the farmers market under the bridge on Fri. morning. Purchased lovely roses to place in ice buckets for ten dollars and livened up the lanias. There is also fresh fruits and local pink shrimp.Used the pink and white stripes towels ( they give you all you want)as table cloths and to cover the chaise lounges, should have brought duct tape to afix the towels as curtains to obscure the concrete section of some of the views. Very convient location to visit Sanible, Captiva, Naples and the stunning Barefoot beach area with all the mansions, great shelling, gopher turtles and quietness. Don't miss it. The bar area is busy, small and under staffed, take note on that management, that is why the staff is cranky. Drink cart service to the beach didn't occur although advertised and was a huge disappointment to me as I am recovering from back surgery and it was a long hard walk back to the bar. The reviews about the German place are all big lies and it is a scam. The breakfast at the resort is all good, all you can eat bacon! Good luck finding good dining. Better bet is to head to the Publix, visit the bakery to get your very, very, fancy desserts and breads, don't miss em'. Great place for kids but they and the exhaust fans make for a noisey place. Leave the electronics home, they wont work, tv has 35 channels, go beaching instead. Vaca is what you make it, we loved it, thank you Pink Shell, can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Request upper floors to avoid the noise, definitly without a doubt choose the soaking tub room with...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Barrie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I visited the Pink Shell for a business conference. It is a very clean hotel. The staff that provided the food service throughout the conference was tremendous and the food surpassed my expectations. However, the internet service provided in the rooms was TERRIBLE! The first day I could not connect to the internet, I called the front desk that provided me a toll free number to call. When I called I was taken through many steps to try and fix my problem. None of these steps corrected my issue. After a 30 minute phone call I was told there was nothing they could do- thanks for the help!

I called the front desk back and they told me they would contact maintenance. I did not hear from them for 40 minutes and so I called back. I was told they were busy and would visit my room within the next 30 minutes. Once the service rep arrived I had asked for a cable to connect directly- this was not an option. I then suggested unplugging the router, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in- success!

The internet worked- sort of, very weak signal and slow speed.
When I got back to my room today… the internet didn’t work! The service desk representative was not friendly (She was not rude, but not friendly). They sent a service rep up who went back in the room with the router and fixed the internet.

Long story short- do not visit this hotel if you require internet service in your room because it is TERRIBLE and extremely frustrating if you have emails to catch up on and work to complete.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are happy to hear you had a successful conference. Thank you for your compliments on the cleanliness of the hotel, the banquet staff, and the food quality.
In the rare event that we do have a guest who has difficulty with Wi-Fi, we make the best efforts we can to fix it quickly. We will be checking all areas to be sure the Wi-Fi is functioning to its best capability.
Thank you for your review as we can only improve when we receive feedback and we hope that you will consider returning to our resort.
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent 10 days at this resort and I couldn't have been more satisfied, I had reserved a 1 bedroom suite and upon arrival we were given a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite which we found to be more than what we had expected. We were on the 9th floor which gave us an excellent view of the beach and the surrounding area. We had read that the pool area could be quite loud so I had requested the upper floor prior to our arrival, there was only one night that the noise was annoying and that was due to a wedding reception going on but it was over by 10:30. As for the staff, I couldn't have ask for nicer and more accommodating people. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the wait staff was very friendly and efficient. I would not hesitate to stay here again, it is at the less busy end of the beach and that makes for getting off the island very simple.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just returned from what was to be three nights at the Pink Shell. We originally reserved a 1 bedroom suite in their newest building. Upon arrival we were told that we had been "upgraded" to a 2 bedroom suite. Room was simple but quite sensational really, but there was a huge catch, one that proved too much for our noses!! The entrance to the room was right by the multiple 4' exhaust fans that vented the kitchen odours...everything in and around our room stunk like grease all day long!!! We had to keep telling our kids to keep the door closed, as the stench worked it's way in even with the door closed!! Aside from this issue, the only dining available is poolside which is fine for lunch...not so fine for dinner. Service was usually terrible, even at the walk-up bar. Apparently they had other things on their minds...we were NOT alone in this observation, it became a standing joke with other patrons!!!! This is not a bad hotel, it just isn't a good hotel...we checked out a day early and drove three hours north to the Omni in Orlando and as per usual for them...were treated like we mattered, we do!!!!

Room Tip: If you are in the main building, get a suite that is on the north end of the building...and preferab...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback. We realize the exhaust fans are an area for improvement and this is something we are looking into correcting.
The service associates have been made aware of your comments. We wish to provide nothing but exceptional service to all of our guests because you do matter. Our standard is to treat our guests like family and we are sorry that you left our resort without feeling cared for. We hope you will visit our resort again.
Quinton, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We reserved a Beach Villa Room with two bedrooms, two bathrooms. The accomodations were o.k., 3 star (maybe). Furnishings were just adequate. Another reviewer noted that the fridge had rust on it and ours did too, and something that appeared to be grease splattered all over the side. Room service is incredibly slow and even after repeated requests to have our room cleaned by 11, it never happened. Views from the decent sized, screened porch were nice, however the beach area at this resort is very bland. The views from the front window, overlooking the marina were beautiful. I do want for one person in particular to be recognized in this review. Each morning, at the breakfast buffet, we were seated (upon request after the first day) in area that was being served by a fella by the name of "Dane". Dane was, by far, one of the friendliest, knowledgeable, hard working waitstaff members I have ever encountered. He remembered that my mother liked grits and each morning he had some made just for her and brought them to the table. This item was not on the buffet and this was something that he took on his own accord to make sure that she had every day. Service like this may seem commonplace to some, but to me this very personal touch was a sterling example of outstanding customer service. Now, back to the rest of the review. The outdoor "bar and grill" Bongos, was a total disappointment. At an outdoor bar and grill, on the Gulf of Mexico, I have come to expect "bar food", hamburgers, chicken tenders, quesadillas, etc... Is an ICE COLD BEER to much to ask? Apparently so. The menu looked like it was from a gourmet restaurant rather than an outdoor bar and grill. Very disappointing. Service was HORRIBLE. We waited about 15 minutes before we saw anyone that appeared to be waiting tables and there were only about 5 tables seated in the entire place. I ordered a beer and the ladies ordered their drinks. Approximately 15 minutes later the waiter shows up with a can of beer and a plastic cup (which does not offend me at all, I'm from the South). The fact that beer was as hot as puppy pee, that offends me. After looking at the menu we determined that we would rather retire back to our villa and order take out Chinese and have a few drinks. What does that tell you about a bar and grill if you want to go back to your room rather than stay there? Yeah, that's what I thought. All things considered our experience was borderline OK to Good, but certainly not great, and in my opinion certainly not nearly worth the price of staying at the Pink Shell Resort and Marina. I would not stay here again nor would I reccommend the place to my friends and associates, based on the value to dollars spent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SeniorPSR, Public Relations Manager at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We do apologize for the feelings of disappointment you had with your housekeeping request not being met. With specific housekeeping service times, we are able to meet almost all of those needs. Unfortunately, due to high occupancy and several housekeeping requests, we were unable to meet your request of service by 11am.
In our restaurant, we do try to accommodate all tastes and expectations. For those looking for “bar food”, we offer chicken wings, flatbread pizza, fried calamari, fish and chips, and BBQ ribs. For variety, we also offer several fresh salads, marinated steaks, and local gulf seafood such as grouper, mahi-mahi and red snapper.
Thank you for your sincere compliments in regards to our restaurant server, Dane. He is a wonderful associate- he was awarded associate of the year in 2012. We are happy that you found him to be exceptional and that he helped make your stay memorable.
We regret to hear that you will not be staying with us in the future. Should you visit this area again, we would welcome a second chance to wow you with an experience that so many of our guests write about.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Upon my stay I noticed 4 kids pools. However no hot tub. The location is good. The staff in general was good except for the food servers outside, which were pretty bad. This place was made for kids. The complementary buffet was great though.

• Stayed February 2013
The Pink Shell is a great beachfront resort- we are designed to accommodate both couples and families. We have three pools open to all resort guests. The main pool, located on the White Sands pool deck, is the largest with a coral reef arch and waterfall. One end of the pool is a zero depth entry which gradually descends to the other end of the pool to a depth of 5 feet. This pool is adjacent to our pool deck bar and restaurant, Bongo’s and JoJo’s. The second pool, located on the Captiva pool deck, is designed for children. This is a shallow pool with spraying water features. The third pool, located on the Sanibel View pool deck, is for both adults and children, but mostly attracts adults because it is away from the main area of the resort.
Our service staff receives hands-on training to meet and exceed our standards and policies. Perhaps what you experienced with our food and beverage team were a few new associates just nervous serving for the first time on their own.

We thank you for staying with us.

Been to Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!