“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Wave Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Wild Wave Resort
You added Wild Wave Resort to your Saves list
3650 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL   |
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Scranton, Kansas
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Captain Jack and Sharon are wonderful and gracious hosts, not only did they treat us like family they treated us to a wonderful seafood dinner. All we had to do was buy the groceries and Jack prepared it for us. Magnificent sunsets are just a few steps from your room. The beach is gorgeous!! Older resort, but location and management triumphs all shortcomings.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I have been returning to the Wild Wave for 12 years. In the past we have had some serious concerns, but have always given in to the Wild Wave because of its wonderful location. This year was exceptionally wonderful. The new managers, Sharon and Jack, have made hospitality and guest satisfaction a priority. They are friendly, helpful and considerate of noise levels in the evenings. There were a number of evenings when my husband and I watched the sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico and thought we were the only people in the whole world watching this beautiful and peaceful phenomenon. Needless to say, we will be returning next year,. I would also note that this is the first time in years that I did not have to clean the unit before I unpacked. Thanks Sharon! We will see you both in the Spring, if not sooner. Nancy & Jim Miller

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our 4rth year of coming to the Wild Wave. The last 2 have been for the month of February and next year we plan the same. We were a little nervous about having new managers because we really loved Beth and Frank. Jack and Sharon were wonderful! AND I have never seen anyone clean as well as Sharon! We have met wonderful people here and keep in touch. We are really looking forward to returning in 2014. (LuAnn & Randy Steiner-Central Michigan)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I along with our two Jack Russell terriers feel like this is our second home. Frank and Beth are the best of hostesses. We had a blast last year with other guests who are also repeat customers. We enjoy potluck dinners, happy hours and very great music!! Did I mention the sunsets? They too are the best!! Wouldn't stay anywhere else on Fort Myers Beach. We plan to come here every winter!! Glenn and Melanie Kerr

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sanibel, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you are looking for a small property in a great location with fabulous sunsets on a wide stretch of pristine beach, THIS IS IT!!!!!!! This is the way Ft. Myers Beach, the gulf coast and Florida used to be! The inn keepers, Beth and Frank are so kind, friendly and accommodating. People we met have stayed here for years and come back annually, as will we.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spent four nights for a very restful long weekend. Found Office staff to be most accommodating and gracious. Not sure why some comments on here state otherwise - certainly not my experience. Hotel is probably from the 1960s so if you are looking for a Hilton with all that entails, you should look elsewhere. Room was 50 yards to the Gulf of Mexico and the weather was excellent. My only complaint was the poor signal strength of the wifi - this is something that could be easily rectified with a rather inexpensive wifi extender. Overall I will say that I will be back. Felt comfortable and peaceful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. I used to stay here years ago with my mom who still does. The only reason I don't is because I now live on the beach and across the street. My mom who lives in Cape Coral has stayed here every New Year weekend since 2004. She looks forward to seeing the managers and repeat guests who are now extended family. This beachfront property is wonderful. A bit rickety but safe. That is what adds to the ambiance. The managers are always friendly and welcoming. Sometimes I drop by to see Frank and Beth and they are always happy to see me as I am them. I look forward to the Holiday guests arriving as to see my friends. I even met my husband here. This is a great place to stay if you want a home away from home, privacy, warm welcomes, and new life lasting friendships. Not to forget your on the beach where the dolphins play.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Wild Wave Resort? Share your experiences!