“The Best Year Ever At Wild Wave” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Wave Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Wild Wave Resort
Save Saved
You added Wild Wave Resort to your Saves list
3650 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL   |
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Carmel, Indiana
“The Best Year Ever At Wild Wave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I have been returning to the Wild Wave for 12 years. In the past we have had some serious concerns, but have always given in to the Wild Wave because of its wonderful location. This year was exceptionally wonderful. The new managers, Sharon and Jack, have made hospitality and guest satisfaction a priority. They are friendly, helpful and considerate of noise levels in the evenings. There were a number of evenings when my husband and I watched the sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico and thought we were the only people in the whole world watching this beautiful and peaceful phenomenon. Needless to say, we will be returning next year,. I would also note that this is the first time in years that I did not have to clean the unit before I unpacked. Thanks Sharon! We will see you both in the Spring, if not sooner. Nancy & Jim Miller

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our 4rth year of coming to the Wild Wave. The last 2 have been for the month of February and next year we plan the same. We were a little nervous about having new managers because we really loved Beth and Frank. Jack and Sharon were wonderful! AND I have never seen anyone clean as well as Sharon! We have met wonderful people here and keep in touch. We are really looking forward to returning in 2014. (LuAnn & Randy Steiner-Central Michigan)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I along with our two Jack Russell terriers feel like this is our second home. Frank and Beth are the best of hostesses. We had a blast last year with other guests who are also repeat customers. We enjoy potluck dinners, happy hours and very great music!! Did I mention the sunsets? They too are the best!! Wouldn't stay anywhere else on Fort Myers Beach. We plan to come here every winter!! Glenn and Melanie Kerr

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sanibel, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you are looking for a small property in a great location with fabulous sunsets on a wide stretch of pristine beach, THIS IS IT!!!!!!! This is the way Ft. Myers Beach, the gulf coast and Florida used to be! The inn keepers, Beth and Frank are so kind, friendly and accommodating. People we met have stayed here for years and come back annually, as will we.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spent four nights for a very restful long weekend. Found Office staff to be most accommodating and gracious. Not sure why some comments on here state otherwise - certainly not my experience. Hotel is probably from the 1960s so if you are looking for a Hilton with all that entails, you should look elsewhere. Room was 50 yards to the Gulf of Mexico and the weather was excellent. My only complaint was the poor signal strength of the wifi - this is something that could be easily rectified with a rather inexpensive wifi extender. Overall I will say that I will be back. Felt comfortable and peaceful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. I used to stay here years ago with my mom who still does. The only reason I don't is because I now live on the beach and across the street. My mom who lives in Cape Coral has stayed here every New Year weekend since 2004. She looks forward to seeing the managers and repeat guests who are now extended family. This beachfront property is wonderful. A bit rickety but safe. That is what adds to the ambiance. The managers are always friendly and welcoming. Sometimes I drop by to see Frank and Beth and they are always happy to see me as I am them. I look forward to the Holiday guests arriving as to see my friends. I even met my husband here. This is a great place to stay if you want a home away from home, privacy, warm welcomes, and new life lasting friendships. Not to forget your on the beach where the dolphins play.

• Stayed January 2012
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just spent a week at this "resort". There is anothing about that word that aptly describes this place. We have spent many weeks on Ft Myers Beach and were looking for a dog friendly (of course) place right on the gulf. The pictures on the web site looked great but reality is a much different story. Maybe 10 units or so on the gulf on Estero Blvd - the main drag. The unit - $160 a night was a one bedroom, kitchen furnished unit - a one night deposit and the balance upon check in. . The furniture looked like left over yard sale throw away. Part of the living room ceiling was water stained and looked ready to cave in. The sliding doors did not lock (manager said "we don't have problems"). The screens on the unlockable windows were torn or pushed out. Anything metal was rusted through - unit air conditioners (in the wall) were loud. One uncomfortable wooden chair on the open porch and a filthy stained rug and plastic chairs on the closed porch. Satellite t.v. but remote did not work. Kitchen equipment was a mishmash of old plastic pieces and some surprising nice wine glasses. "Rules" posted on the wall indicate a 10:00 a.m. checkout and you are required to strip the beds, put used linen near the door, empty all trash and recycles (out to the street). There is a $50 cleaning fee if you don't comply.Not quite sure what the staff does. There are no other amenities. No pool. Large dead cockroach being consumed by ants under the t.v. stand. Tiny ants everywhere. Only one other couple there so it was quiet enough. While we were on the island we went to look at Casa Playa - a pet friendly condo on the gulf at the north end of the island. For the same price we found an exceptionally well maintained, clean and attractive unit (with a pool) on the gulf. We shall try that next time and let you know.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wild Wave Resort? Share your experiences!