“Location Trumps any Shortcomings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Wave Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Wild Wave Resort
3650 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL   |
Ranked #19 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Tampa
“Location Trumps any Shortcomings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spent four nights for a very restful long weekend. Found Office staff to be most accommodating and gracious. Not sure why some comments on here state otherwise - certainly not my experience. Hotel is probably from the 1960s so if you are looking for a Hilton with all that entails, you should look elsewhere. Room was 50 yards to the Gulf of Mexico and the weather was excellent. My only complaint was the poor signal strength of the wifi - this is something that could be easily rectified with a rather inexpensive wifi extender. Overall I will say that I will be back. Felt comfortable and peaceful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. I used to stay here years ago with my mom who still does. The only reason I don't is because I now live on the beach and across the street. My mom who lives in Cape Coral has stayed here every New Year weekend since 2004. She looks forward to seeing the managers and repeat guests who are now extended family. This beachfront property is wonderful. A bit rickety but safe. That is what adds to the ambiance. The managers are always friendly and welcoming. Sometimes I drop by to see Frank and Beth and they are always happy to see me as I am them. I look forward to the Holiday guests arriving as to see my friends. I even met my husband here. This is a great place to stay if you want a home away from home, privacy, warm welcomes, and new life lasting friendships. Not to forget your on the beach where the dolphins play.

• Stayed January 2012
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just spent a week at this "resort". There is anothing about that word that aptly describes this place. We have spent many weeks on Ft Myers Beach and were looking for a dog friendly (of course) place right on the gulf. The pictures on the web site looked great but reality is a much different story. Maybe 10 units or so on the gulf on Estero Blvd - the main drag. The unit - $160 a night was a one bedroom, kitchen furnished unit - a one night deposit and the balance upon check in. . The furniture looked like left over yard sale throw away. Part of the living room ceiling was water stained and looked ready to cave in. The sliding doors did not lock (manager said "we don't have problems"). The screens on the unlockable windows were torn or pushed out. Anything metal was rusted through - unit air conditioners (in the wall) were loud. One uncomfortable wooden chair on the open porch and a filthy stained rug and plastic chairs on the closed porch. Satellite t.v. but remote did not work. Kitchen equipment was a mishmash of old plastic pieces and some surprising nice wine glasses. "Rules" posted on the wall indicate a 10:00 a.m. checkout and you are required to strip the beds, put used linen near the door, empty all trash and recycles (out to the street). There is a $50 cleaning fee if you don't comply.Not quite sure what the staff does. There are no other amenities. No pool. Large dead cockroach being consumed by ants under the t.v. stand. Tiny ants everywhere. Only one other couple there so it was quiet enough. While we were on the island we went to look at Casa Playa - a pet friendly condo on the gulf at the north end of the island. For the same price we found an exceptionally well maintained, clean and attractive unit (with a pool) on the gulf. We shall try that next time and let you know.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sterling, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family has been coming to the Wild Wave for years and years, for a week or two almost every year since the 1980's when my son was a teen. When my parents were living, their home was in Fort Myers, and I would come down from Virginia to visit with my son (and later with my son, his wife, and their kids) and we always felt like we were coming home. Frank and Beth are wonderful, and we have never had any of the problems described in some of the unfavorable reviews. Clean sheets were always waiting for us and basic supplies were always supplied, and Publix is right down the street if we needed anything. I love the fact that it is right on the beach, and there will be issues because of that (a few ants, say, and some rust and wear and tear) but if you want to be on the beach, that's just a given. Drinking my morning coffee and watching the dolphins go by, and herons, and egrets, tha the sound of gulls overhead is worth it all! I love the privacy, the peaceful location, and the lull of the Gulf 24/7! My only regret is that we won't be able to make it down this year...next year, we're heading back down to the Wild Wave without fail!

Room Tip: We have always stayed in the large units on the bottom floor, one large living space with a pull out...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Going up the stairs you could see they were not sound. Good thing we brought a yankee candle the place smelt like the monkey house in the zoo. Because we live here in Lee County some of our friends would stop by for a drink or come by boat for lunch. These people made us feel so un-welcome. You could not sleep because the noise from the street would wake you. No filters for the coffee pot. The people who I guess own it would watch everything you do. It is because of places like this that FMB is getting such a bad name. These people should be ashamed of themselves. Oh also my son started the barbeque and went to come up to get the plate of food to cook and the man said he could not leave the the barbeque because it is a fire hazard well where was the fire extinguisher that should be near the barbeque area and where were the extinguishers in the office. Oh I did not mention the toilet runs all the time. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We live here in Fort Myers. It was our anniversary and I was looking for a place on the beach. It was may and everyone wanted a 5 night min. I stopped in at wild wave and asked about a room. It was a surprise to the wife. Beth told me I could get a room for 1 night if I wanted. Check in time was 2 pm but I could come down and hang on the beach untill the room was ready. Our daughter sent us a fruit basket that was sitting in the kitchen when we got there. Beth and Frank were so great. They bent over backwards to make our one night perfect. We check out at 10, and we asked if we could hang out on the beach for a couple of hours and we did. This is a great place to stay if you just want a room on the beach. Thanks again Beth and Frank. See you

soon.

Room Tip: room # 2 was the best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our beach home without the hassle and expense of property taxes, outrageous insurance. We have been coming to Wild Wave now for 18 years and can't say we ever had a bad trip. We love this quaint beach abode, which offers charm, down home warmth and friendliness you just wont find at a chain hotel. We are proud to say we grace the pages of the covenanted albums and are always know on a first name bases by the managers, Frank and Beth, and quite frankly after all these years, well they are part of our family. The location is perfect, close enough to the downtown pier and hopping area, but far enough where you can sit and relax without a care in the world. It's not the "W" or the "Hilton", so if that is what you are looking for no need apply, but if you want friendly, fun and quaint then this is where you should come. A place you don't worry about perfection, or that maybe you bring a little sand in the room after a day of lounging and shell hunting. One of the draws is in fact that it is small, not a lot of rooms, so you won't be overtaken on your "little piece of paradise". I have read the past reviews, and well never had any of these issues- in fact, when looking at the hotel prior to our first stay, we knew just window units (and well it is Florida, one can only do so much). And as for a wedding reception, yep it would be nice for 40 or less, not 150, guess the wedding planner should have considered that.

For me and my family, who have 2 generations going to Wild Wave year after year...we will continue to do same and will surely enjoy each and every second of it, window shaker and all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wild Wave Resort? Share your experiences!