“18 years of Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Wave Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Wild Wave Resort
Save Saved
You added Wild Wave Resort to your Saves list
3650 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL   |
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Miami, Florida
“18 years of Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our beach home without the hassle and expense of property taxes, outrageous insurance. We have been coming to Wild Wave now for 18 years and can't say we ever had a bad trip. We love this quaint beach abode, which offers charm, down home warmth and friendliness you just wont find at a chain hotel. We are proud to say we grace the pages of the covenanted albums and are always know on a first name bases by the managers, Frank and Beth, and quite frankly after all these years, well they are part of our family. The location is perfect, close enough to the downtown pier and hopping area, but far enough where you can sit and relax without a care in the world. It's not the "W" or the "Hilton", so if that is what you are looking for no need apply, but if you want friendly, fun and quaint then this is where you should come. A place you don't worry about perfection, or that maybe you bring a little sand in the room after a day of lounging and shell hunting. One of the draws is in fact that it is small, not a lot of rooms, so you won't be overtaken on your "little piece of paradise". I have read the past reviews, and well never had any of these issues- in fact, when looking at the hotel prior to our first stay, we knew just window units (and well it is Florida, one can only do so much). And as for a wedding reception, yep it would be nice for 40 or less, not 150, guess the wedding planner should have considered that.

For me and my family, who have 2 generations going to Wild Wave year after year...we will continue to do same and will surely enjoy each and every second of it, window shaker and all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Black Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Whenever I find myself in need of a beach get away I have always chosen the Wild Wave. I have a cat and 4 birds so not all places will take us. 5 years ago when I discovered the Wild Wave I was thrilled. It's a touch of Old Florida at it's best. I've stayed there with two different managers, Larry and now Frank and Beth.The private Tiki Bar on the sand is wonderful for guests however I do not drink and found that area to be intimidating to pass by while Captn Larry was at the helm. It was loud and people used very foul language. I thought the next year I come down I will book a suite on the top floor to get away from that noise. To my surprise, that next year Beth and Frank welcomed me as the new Inn Keepers. What treasures they are. They are just as happy to be there as their guests so it makes for a remarkable stay. Beth and Frank are very educated people so conversation is never lacking.
TREAT yourself and stay on a lovely beach with all the sun fun and laughter. ENJOY your roomy apartment, let your hair down and have some fun with Frank ,Beth and fellow guests, most of whom have been staying there for years when vacation calls. The WILD WAVE is a TREASURE!

Room Tip: The top floor has remarkable ocean views with breath taking sunsets.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Venice, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

planning a 2 night vacation,it seemed to be the perfect place for my dog and I. we live in Venice so it was a little getaway. At first it seemed ok, messy "office", and then it got worse. With only a window airconditioner , my room was HOT. then discovered the coffee pot ,microwave, and stove were filthy. Thought i could manage, it was a great location , on the beach.. the shower was dirty also. I did stay one night and was concerned when i realized the windows dont lock.not much sleep. When i mentioned my problems to management, they offered me another room,. I declined because i figured they were all dirty, so i asked for a refund. the were not as friendly then. nor did i get a refund..I did not stay the second night. Couldnt stand another hot dirty night.Then i realized i was the only person staying there . it was the weekend of July 4. Wonder why I was the only one there?

Room Tip: dont stay here, check out the Best Western
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have been vacation in Fort Myers for YEARS and even own property down here. When we got engaged we knew this was the area to have our party but didn't have enough sand space to host such an event.

We thought with this awesome place (and even saw a small ceremony done here) that this would be a perfect spot for our wedding. They have a lot of sand space (enough for a tent/dance floor) and with the 10 rooms available we thought our wedding party could stay there while the rest of the guests could stay a mile down the road. With 7 months of communication with Frank/Beth through our wedding planner we were getting more excited about our special day! However, it took a turn for the worst when Frank emailed and started to panic about the wedding plans for the tent. After they had a meeting with our wedding planner, Frank/Beth basically told us to go somewhere else to host our party!! With 9 months until the big day I'm left to figure out my accommodation all over again :( (Luckily with enough time). On top of that we have to print/resend stuff out to our guests (350$ down the drain).

Some things I thought were a little strange and should have been red flags:
1. Five months into our communicate/planning they told us about fees that were never bought up from day one. (i.e a fee for sand use and to pay for ALL rooms if they didn't get reserved)
2. On multiple occasions (and different people who worked here) invited themselves to our wedding and asked to bring guests! I find this rude and unprofessional for managers. We are paying for your facilities, but this doesn't entitle you to an invite to a private formal event.
3. Conversations about wedding details you "couldn't remember" having and we would always get different answers from different people. Everyone should be on the same page.

I have never stayed at this location for vacation, but from my experience already with trying to plan an event I wouldn't stay here! I'm hoping to get ALL of my money back for the deposit but according to Frank/Beth there are "processing fees". Since you are the ones to back out of this event I hope to see 100% of my money.

Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and I met managers Frank and Beth on our first trip to the Wild Wave in June of 2003. We found them to be very accommadating, pleasant and great resort hosts. We have returnd almost every year since. It is great to step off the porch and onto the beach. The rooms are comfortable in size and adequately furnished. If you cannot find something like a corkscrew (essential tool when on vacation) Frank will find one for you. Free WiFi is available and satallite TV is provided. I like Shelling. Ft. Meyers Beach (Estero Island) and Lovers Key (next Island) are great places to find shells. I always bring lots & lots of shells home. There are lots of really great restaurants on the island plus entertainment and its all close. A number of years ago we introduced family members to the Wild Wave and they also keep returning. Go ahead, have some fun.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My other half surprised me by meeting friends there celebrating their anniversary. I am just getting done with Cancer treatment. This was the perfect paradise great people and atmosphere. I was so relaxed and such a great time. I love this place it is a great secret!!!

Room Tip: All the rooma are great with wonderful view!!! book way in advance fills up!!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was our first time in 13 years taking a honeymoon vacation that we never got to take so I wanted to be a very special & romantic time. We stayed at your run-of-the-mill hotels plenty of times and I really wanted something "different".... By doing some internet research I found Wild Wave Resort and I fell in love with the pictures and the distance away from all the busy hotels but was a little scared by some of the negative reviews that I saw but said to my self” NEVER JUDGE until you see it for your self, so there we were. We absolutely fell in love with the place as we walked in to the office where we met Beth & Frank and they were absolutely friendly and made us feel like we were home. The place was super cute, adorable, and cozy with a full eat in kitchen and a spacious bathroom and closet space and just an incredible location. It's such a laid back, relaxing, fun and affordable place to go. It’s right on the beach. Everything you need is in walking distance. Even though it's right in the middle of everything it feels very private and secluded. The pictures don't do it justice- Wild Wave Resort has a certain cozy "vibe" to it that I really appreciated--it s a tropical delight. . We were the sunset chasers every night walking down the beach or from our patio, we saw some of the best sunsets of our lives here. Mornings were greeted by dolphins swimming so close to shore and the most amazing sunrise. Its one of the best beaches in Florida and I do mean it- after our check out time we wanted to explore other beaches like Captiva and Sanibel which were highly recommended to us by friends and you wont believe this but we actually had to turn around and go back to Wild Wave Resort because we couldn’t find anything that matched the beauty and the cleanliness of the beach and Beth was kind enough to let us spend the rest of our delightful satisfactory vacation day. We had never been to Ft. Myers Beach and it was great!. Thanks to Beth & Frank for an unforgettable getaway and thanks for all you did!! . I cannot wait to come back and am already plotting my next trip down there with our kids so they can now enjoy the dolphin shows and walks on the beach. It was a scathingly brilliant adventure! "Both pleased...the entire time" during our stay. Im SO HAPPY we discovered this little gem and we could not find anything we did not like with this place. I can't say enough good things about it.
Steve & Olesya

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wild Wave Resort? Share your experiences!