“Small but comfy efficiency” 4 of 5 stars

Dolphin Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6555 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Florida
“Small but comfy efficiency”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed for two nights in a bay room view with a queen size. The room was small but equipped with everything that you need ( from small fridge to toaster, plates and wine opener) the room was all freshly painted in white and the bed extremely comfortable. The view of the bay was very nice and quiet. Direct access to a gorgeous white sand beach right across the hotel after a very short walk (2minutes). Perfect place if you want to enjoy the beach and cook your own meals.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited here for one night on our way down to Key West last year. So things may be a little different now. When we first arrived were shown a room that was ok. We soon noticed a strong smell of cannabis. It was coming from the adjoining room occupied by a large family with young children. To be fair when we mentioned this to the owners we were given another room overlooking the pool. The family continued to smoke pot all the time we were there. That room was much bigger but tired looking. It was ok for the price but we were glad we were only here for one night. I suppose you get what you pay for. It was only a short walk across the road to the beach which was nice.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Much better than i thought... the room is clean, the full kitchen is very good and has all basic stuff, the bathroom its old and too small, but ok..., the TV its big and new but there s not much channels available to watch, just few... the pool area its very good, the beach its across the street but the sand part is a little long then its a little far to get in the ocean... the back of the property has a BBQ and a nice canal for boats.... the place its very quiet, has 2 friendly and adorable cats around... ;o)

Room Tip: i got the room closed to the entrance, very quiet but I think the rooms closed to the pool its very...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I visited Fort Myers Beach for the second time in late May 2014. I stumbled across Dolphin Inn online and was attracted by the very reasonable prices. The rooms had kitchens and out back by the bay was a gas grill available for use. The pool is crystal clear and refreshing. The room was very clean and nice. The owners are always on site and are very friendly. They even offer kayak use for free. For our anniversary I cooked NY Strip on the the grill, and lobster tail in the house for a very special celebration. We live only about an hour and a half away in Ft Lauderdale and have already made reservations for August. We used to go to the Keys several times a year, but we have decided that this is our place. David L

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

LOVR LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE. It is an older small beachside motel with effeciecy type rooms. Clean and quiet. The pictures do not do the rooms justice (Rm #5, poolside). It is a very short walk to the beach down a grass path. The pool is very nice and large considering the size of the propery. Even on the weekend with the pool just outside our door it was quiet. The room had a 'beach bungalow' feel and was very roomy. Although only myself & wife, we got the 2-queen sized room (because it was the only room available when we reserved), so we had a larger room than the 1 queen room would have been. We wanted a bayside room, however poolside was the 1 room available; I really enjoyed having the pool just steps from my door as I had my morning coffee and dip in the pool each morning. I believe I enjoyed more than I would have bayside. The kitchen was fully furnished with the basics. Rent a bike while you are here and toodle around the island at your leisure.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have been coming here for several years this place is awesome !!!
The staff are friendly the rooms are clean an nice .
I will never stay any where else .we once booked another hotel for the second leg of a longer vacation upon arrival the place was a nightmare we called the dolphin inn and in five min we had a room at the dolphin and were taken care of .
Five stars from me hands down

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dortmund, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in June 2014 and booked the room from Germany.
When we arrived in the early evening, the office was closed. There was an envelope at the office door with our name. Inside were some instructions to find the right room. The room was unlocked and the key laid on the table.
It was a room at the backside of the hotel. The room was old and had a kitchen in it with toaster, stove and microwave.
You can sit outside, have a BBQ and look to the boats and animals on the backside of the hotel.
There is no breakfast offered.
Across the street you reach the wide white beach.
Overall the room was simple but a good deal. We would stay here again.
The neighborhood is very calm and safe.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!