“"Million Dollar View"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Spring Hill, Florida
“"Million Dollar View"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were there this past weekend. We upgraded to a oceanfront that became available, unit#2, the back door opens out to the beach, what a view. Celina and her husband were wonderful hosts as well as managers, they could not do enough to make our stay comfortable, thanks so much. The resort is older but kept in great shape. It's on the quiet side of the beach, with Publix within walking distance for shopping. DVDs available in the office as well as ice and a washing machine. We have already booked for next years visit, thanks again for ur tips on dining.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Well let me be honest , I didn't want to leave a review at all because I have found a place that I want to corn to twice per year and don't want to have a problem booking! But couldn't so that so here it is. It's fabulous ! I have stayed at many hotels , resorts etc too notch I
Must say, but this place even though its a bit dated it is super clean, the rooms are like the size of a very small apt and if your looking for total relaxation it's perfect! I wanted somewhere where I could literally walk out my back door and take a dip in the ocean , well I found it. The couple that manages the place is super nice and the cleanliness is great. I am that person that smells the linens , towels and even when we stayed at one if the ritz Carlton prop I have found smelly comforters . Can wait to come back . At the place for total relaxation !

• Stayed June 2013
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have visit Tiki a couple of times and all my wife and i can say is wow is just so beautiful! to be honest there is nothing negative to say about this place, you get exactly what you need, a nice room, very clean,super location on Fort Myers Beach, excellent service, the view is just amazing and the best of all you get to have the beach feet away from your room!!!
there is no restaurant available since this hotel is for you have your dinner or food done by you and that is perfect for us since it gives us the great opportunity to explore different dishes and having the view of the beach right in front of us.
The rooms are super clean and the kitchen has everything need it to have all the commodities for a great stay.
you have close by Naples, the Island of Sanibel, Fort Myers but to be honest when you are in this place you just want to stay there and enjoy the beach!
You have stores close by including Publix and that is very important to us!
Also you have the pier close by and restaurants if you feel like going out for a while.
Make sure to talk to Celina and her husband, they will their best to make sure you are happy staying here,
From the beginning to the end of the stay was a great experience!
we are planning to go back for sure!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms in the first level so you can just walk to the beach just feet away from your r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just returned from a long 4th of July weekend in Fort Myers and stayed at Tiki for the whole time. We had a one bedroom (#9) courtyard view, 3rd floor. It's a little apartment with a small but complete kitchen (fridge, freezer, elec. stove, microwave, coffeemaker), living/ dining space, separate bedroom and bathroom with a bath/shower. There is also a nice porch overlooking the courtyard with a little view of the water off to one side. The outstanding amenities for me were that it was extremely clean and well supplied when we arrived. (No daily maid service but you can get clean towels when you wish as well as very nice clean beach towels.) The bath tub and shower are dated but in good repair, clean and the shower had plenty of hot water for 3 adults. The toilet was incredibly quiet with a quick flush. Large tv in the living area worked well, we didn't try the one in the bedroom. Also the rooms seemed quite well insulated for noise - we could hear the neighbors when they entered or exited their unit but couldn't hear them when they were in their unit and they had small children. The location is perfect, in an area with mostly houses although there is a smaller condo next door on one side. It is very close to Publix too. The owners are on site, available during the day and are most accommodating. They have books and DVDs to borrow and even had some games they loaned us for rainy days. The only con might be that there was a lot of rain before and during the time we vacationed and there seemed to be a residual sand trough from runoff along the side of the buildings so the beach sand itself wasn't as soft as one would like but that may be due to the weather at the time. The courtyard was lovely, clean and very well drained which was impressive considering the weather. It is right on the beach and a very good value. We had a great time and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very easy to see why everyone rates this place so highly, it truly is that good. You cannot beat the location, right on the beach overlooking the Gulf. Amazing beauty. Located in a more residential section of the island, the best part for us was that it was not in the center of the "touristy" part of Ft. Myers Beach, but rather a couple of miles away from that craziness. We booked this as a result of other reviews we read on TripAdvisor, and we were really glad we did.

Room Tip: Book well in advance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just got back from a week split in Ft. Myers and Sanibel. We booked a beach front room (#4) to Tiki back in January and I'm glad we did! Although we only stay 3 nights the room had everything we needed just like home. I was literally walking around trying to find something wrong to write about, and I just couldn't.
The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, extra towels, beach towels, dishes and appliances, you name it they have it. The only thing they didn't have was Kleenex. The room could've used a touch of paint that has been worn off by rubbing furniture, and the air conditioner made a "ping" sound at night, but again this was the worst of it!

Great location, within walking distance to the grocery store and restaurants. Great Little Place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I can't explain just how awesome this place is - you need to experience it for yourself!! There is absolutely NO DOUBT that Tiki On The Beach deservedly gets the #1 spot on TripAdvisor, which is how we found it. We couldn’t have had a better spot on our vacation! I have been coming down to Ft. Myers on family vacations since I was very little and never saw or knew about this place. Now that I do, I honestly hope it stays a hidden gem!! That should be all you need to know to…but for those who like more details (as I do), continue reading.
When my husband and I decided to make Ft. Myers one of our destinations on our spring vacation, I wasn't sure whether to choose the main "hotspot" of Ft. Myers beach right over the bridge (Times Square they call it now), or this location about 2 miles down. My husband and I typically chose locations closer to the main action, but with a 10-month old now in tow that is not always the best option. Tiki's location is not far, but far enough removed from the central area on Ft. Myers beach...we really felt like we were on a tropical island in the caribbean! Who knew a place so easy to get to (Florida, and Ft. Myers even) could be so dreamy!
We had a first floor room facing the Gulf, so we were able to just walk out our front porch and down the few steps and we were on the beach! It was awesome to be able to use our baby monitor while the little one napped or went to bed and head out on the beach (plenty of lounge chairs are provided) and enjoy some time for play, relaxation, or a bottle of wine! By the way, are Corona commercials filmed here?? That's EXACTLY what it feels like. I never thought I would enjoy such a low-key place, but this place is truly amazing. We enjoyed the little tiki bar to the left of the building, which we claimed several nights for our own. The palm trees had some coconuts on them too - you can concoct your own way (as we did) to get one down! During the day, we could take our son out to the beach and water and play, then head inside to wash up whenever we needed. We took several walks along the beach – there were always so many shells to hunt, plus we saw a number of sea creatures wash up including a starfish, sea cucumber, and others. We dug up some sand dollars in waist-high water, and even saw a dolphin jump one evening not far out into the Gulf!
Inside our room (#2) we had a kitchen with microwave, fridge, small cooking thing (not a stove/oven), full sink, and dishware. The bedroom was ample and the living space big enough for our little one to play around. Nice beachy décor throughout that wasn’t tacky. We spent a lot of time on the big screened-in front porch enjoying the views throughout the day. With a grocery store and restaurant easily in walking distance, plus the main throngs of Ft. Myers beach just a mile or two up the road, everything we needed was well within reach.
There is no maid service, but they do provide new towels if you need them. I actually liked the hands-off approach they had – if we needed anything they were there to help, but otherwise it was truly our own place for the duration of our stay. My only complaint (minor) was the thermostat…although we could set the temperature, it seemed to really waiver between being warm or way too cold with the AC blasting. It very well could have just been that we were a little sunburned, so of course that throws off your sense of temperature. Aside from that, everything was positive+++.
Tiki on the Beach is truly an oasis. AlthoughI want this place to stay hidden, I also want to share a fantastic find! You will LOVE staying here...DO NOT HESITATE - BOOK THIS PLACE NOW! :)

Room Tip: Definitely get a 1st floor room facing the Gulf - amazing sunsets and you can walk directly out your...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tiki on the Beach? Share your experiences!