“Exceeded Expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandcastle Beach Club

Sandcastle Beach Club
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Sandcastle Beach Club
Save Saved
You added Sandcastle Beach Club to your Saves list
905 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Denver, CO
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We chose this property due to its location and the exchange value with RCI. While not "on the beach" it was across from Time Square, the pier and a short walk to the sand. It proved to be much more.

Check in was.... Let's say it turned out to be indicative of the place. The office was closed when we arrived, but a nosy (and especially helpful) condo owner soon discovered our keys. The room - actually a one bedroom condo - was perfect for our needs. Even the "mini-kitchen" had everything we wanted, including a four-burner stove and full-sized refrigerator. Set on the second floor it looked out over the Gulf. Check in the next morning was a breeze, even though a thick rule book came with our stay (all common sense).

Immediately next door, the 7/11 proved a godsend for quick cups of coffee or a morning yogurt. Sunrise and sunset on the beach? A two-minute walk. Dinner at the Beach Pierside? Met one of our kids and her husband there - three minute walk. Shopping? You name it, from the usual "beach bargains" to our favorite upscale clothing store. We had no issues with bugs, found the furnishings comfortable and the long-term residents were very friendly and helpful.

We had a restful, rejuvenating stay and would return again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Second floor, center. View of the Gulf.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a great location close to beach, pier, restaurants and shops. The unit we stayed in was clean, never saw or felt a single bug, and quiet. Close to hot tub, pool and grill. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very enjoyable and relaxing stay. Will definitely be back. Other guests friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this cute little hotel on the main strip in front of Fort Myers Beach. It's small, cozy and the front desk clerk was very welcoming. We were tired from traveling when we checked in and the front desk got us organized with keys in hand within 5 min. We did the quick walk to room 109 and did a bit of a double take. It's tiny and dated, but it had a small living room, partial kitchen, bath and bedroom, so really what else do you need. It's only a double bed, which is a tight fit because both my husband and I are tall, but it worked. The hotel is very quiet surprisingly enough because everything on this end of the beach shuts down at 10pm. They have a noise guideline at the hotel. You need to keep quiet till 9am and 10pm noise needs to be off basically. This worked ok for us because we were beat by 10pm, and if we stayed up we weren’t partying up a storm. The second day I noticed blisters on my legs and ankles and someone mentioned I might have gotten bit by sand fleas at the beach. Ok, I bought that, but by the 3rd day I was covered in itchy bites on my feet and legs and few on my arms now. I was itching like crazy. Because we were visiting friends and checking out other area’s I was only at the beach the first day, so how do you explain the bites continuing? On Wednesday we got a flyer at our door saying the exterminator was coming out on Friday. They sprayed for something, not sure what and we checked out on Saturday. I was at the airport on my way home and mentioned the bites to the security person and he said you have flea bites, your hotel must have been infested because you look terrible. This is a great little place and the people staying there were all very nice, but if you have allergies then flea bites will make you nuts with itching. When making your reservation ask them to treat the unit for fleas before you check in. Oh, our luggage is still in the garage for another week, don’t dare bring into the house.

Room Tip: Room 109 is quiet but no view. Upstairs there are two rooms with balconies that have a decent view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Have been going there for years and just love the place. It is not an" all inclusive" resort, it is a condo rental so the RCI member below may have had unrealistic expectations. It is a homey 2 storey condo that only houses 29 units. Most units are poolside as they horseshoe around the pool. Units are clean, staff are friendly and most units are owner occupied so everyone has a vested interest in the place. Location is ideal, beach, bars, restaurants and groceries are all right there. Great golf courses and malls and outlet stores are a few minutes away. Ft Myers Beach is quaint and has miles and miles of beaches to walk.

Room Tip: Efficiencies, 1 Bedrooms and 2 Bedrooms all have full kitchens. Studios have partial kitchens. Eve...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Some of the reviews are not great on here and if your looking for somewhere really fancy then sandcastle is probably not for you. However, if you are looking for a great location, fantastic people and a wonderful pool and deck then this can't be beaten. The units are basic but clean and have everything that you need, it is great being so close to your unit from the pool. BBQ facilities are great and it is 2 minutes to walk to the bars and restaurants. The beach is directly opposite and sitting round the pool deck at night with cocktails can not be beaten. I love this place, great for familys and friends wanting to spend quality time together. Would definantly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a nice and clean place. It is not real fancy but is a fun place to stay and is right across the street from the beach and Times Square. There are several nice restaurants and shops in walking distance. Love to go here every year for a week.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Rocklin, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

II have been a member of RCI for several years. I exchanged my upscale timeshare at Playa Grande Resort in Cabo San Lucas, MX for the "Sancastle Beach Club Resort " at Ft Myers Beach, FL (RCI # 2198). This is no "Beach Club Resort" it is a "MOTEL" near the beach. There were no amenities and no activities, only a pool. I spent 21 years in the USAF and we have travled around the world (several times). This was the first (1st) time in my life I was "required" to strip my bed linens and empty my own trash at checkout or face a $40.00 fine. Also, there was no daily maid service and when I asked about getting fresh towels, I was advised that I could do a "towel exchange" for $6.00 or I could wash the towels myself at my expence. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandcastle Beach Club? Share your experiences!