“Paradise in the Sun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Cape Coral, Florida
“Paradise in the Sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

We spent a great week there. The apartment are very big and they had all new furniture and bedding. They also have very nice beach towels, free wireless internet, gas grills, and offer their own cabanas for the beach. The swimming pool is heated with brand new pool furniture. They have the largest beach I've every been on. White soft sand. The staff was the best. The manager helped me setup my computer to use the internet. They use some type of security and I didn't know how to set it up myself. I highly recommend this place. We really felt very welcome.

• Liked — Just a well rounded place
  • Disliked — No vending machines
  • Tips/Secrets — Get your groceries in route.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

After driving over 20 hours to Florida and checking in at Gulfview, we were awaken at 8 am by construction. We let it go day 1, but then when it continued day 2, and on day 3 when we woke up to a chain saw under our room. we finally complained. My family are all earlier risers; however, while on vacation we would like to wake up naturally and not by power tools. My husband immediately called the front desk and their response was "We are getting ready for hurricane season and have a legal right to begin work at 7 a.m." We were not offered a room away from the construction...in fact we were offered no compensation whatsoever. We began packing so we could leave immediately before check out that day so we wouldn't have to pay. When I arrived in the office, I was told they would not prorate our days according to the weekly price, but we would be charged the daily rate. I also noticed on the bill an additional $10.00 a day charge for my daughter (age 13). I was not informed of this cost when I made my reservations. I was told that it was on my confirmation letter, which I did not receive via mail or snail mail. They would not budge on the cost and charged us a daily rate including the $10/day fee. They did state they hate to see their customers unhappy as I stood there in tears, but yet they did nothing about it. Our trip to Florida (which was to visit family) was cut short. We left and drove to Myrtle Beach and had a great time! Gulfview Manor Resort is not a resort. It is apartments with towel service only once a week, no maid service, and you must ask for toilet paper. There is only one TV (in the living room) and the beds were the worst I have ever slept on. We were better off sleeping on the floor. I will never return.

• Liked — Gulf view
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

Let me start off by saying that my husband and I are in our 40's and own our own buisness. We don't take vacations often but we do always stay on Ft. Myers Beach for the 4th of July. (We had no children with us). Although the rooms at Gulf View Manor were clean and it was quite roomy we were not happy with the fact that the bedroom had no TV in it. There was no toilet paper and only two tiny chairs on the balcony. Very uncomfortable chairs and no table. The king size bed was a total joke! It was two twins pushed together so when you slept you would wake up falling in the crack!!! The manager watched everyone like a hawk. We felt like he was hovering over us the entire stay. He came to the pool on several occasions to make sure no one was using the room towels. Informed us that if anyone smoked you must make sure the sliding door was completely closed. When a person pulled in the parking lot the manager would run out the door and yell "Are you a guest here"? He made us and other guests very uncomfortable. People were joking at the pool when he would make his rounds "I wonder what we did now". We should have known better when it was the only place available at the beach. Now we know why it was empty. We will never stay there or recommend it to anyone. It was a terrible experience.

• Stayed July 2006
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

We stayed her last summer (forgot to write the review) and loved it. We had a beachfront apartment and it was huge. I loved that the bedroom was down a hall so that we could watch TV at night without waking up our daughter who was sleeping in the room. The owners of the hotel were very friendly. I also liked that it was farther down the beach so there weren't any loud obnoxious people. We felt safe letting my 1.5 year old daughter run around on the beach and chase birds. The kitchen was great and we made breakfast in our room most mornings. We also used the outdoor grill they had to make hamburgers for dinner one night. The only complaint would be that the wireless internet did not reach into our room, we had to sit outside our hotel door on a chair to get wireless but it wasn't a big deal. All in all we were very pleasantly surprised since there were only 2 reviews on this hotel on trip advisor. In fact when we moved to our next hotel in Siesta Key, we felt super cramped and missed this room. We're going to Florida again this June but not hitting Fort Myers again or else we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

I read the reviews from trip advisor before I checked the place out and found it to be even better than the reviews. My wife and I stayed for two nights and it was wonderful. Family owned and operated. They were very friendly and helpful. I loved the large screened in porch overlooking the ocean and the covered parking for my car. The resort was so quiet it seemed like we were the only people there.

Stayed September 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2005

My partner and i wanted to take my parents on a weekend getaway for Memorial Weekend. We have a 2 year old so we had to make sure we would find a place to accommodate all 5 of us. After browsing the net i came across the Gulfview Manor. I was skeptical at first, because i had never made any reservations on line. After reviewing the photos i was convinced and excited. The view seemed breathtaking and the price affordable. It was exactly what i was looking for. Relaxation, with the beach, a few steps away. I made my reservations on line. (I recommend you call direct). The staff was very friendly, the unit was clean and equipped and the a/c worked wonderful. We had a wonderful weekend & a got a beautiful tan. I recommend it and will definitely go back to visit.
Mary B.
Miami Lakes, Florida

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2005

Just returned from a wonderful stay at Gulfview Manor Resort. Was a little hestitant about staying here, due to the fact that I could only find two other reviews and that their website lacks many good pictures, but it turned out to be a great place. That is, if you're looking for a no-frills kind of place. My girlfriend and I stayed the from 05/09-05/14, and shared the hotel with probably only about 3 other parties. Lots of quiet relaxation. The hotel is located towards the southern part of the island, where the beach is very wide and much less traffic than the northern area. I would recommend the gulfview apartments, which include a screened balcony overlooking the beach, living room with pull-out couch, 2 recliners and TV, a small kitchen, bedroom, and seperate full bathroom. Only (minor) complaints--no daily maid service (extra), only towel exchange halfway through the week, and it cost $15/day to rent a cabana. Despite these, I would definetely visit Gulfview again!

Been to Gulfview Manor Resort? Share your experiences!