“Manager made us feel VERY uncomfortable” 2 of 5 stars

Gulfview Manor Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6530 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Woodstock, Illinois
“Manager made us feel VERY uncomfortable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and children and I stayed here for a family vacation. The rooms were mostly clean (we rewashed all the eating and cooking utensils because there was still food on many of them from the previous guests) The units we bigger than I had expected. The decorating was below par, and the bedding was clearly VERY old 90's style and in need of an update. The view was excellent. The thing that I would like to inform people about is the manager, Ken. He takes his responsibility as the manager to an unhealthy level of harassing guests. I understand there is a "noise curfew" after 11pm which I would assume would be to avoid loud music, boisterous drunks etc. My husband and I were "reprimanded" several times for TALKING on our balcony after 11pm. This is a VACATION place, yet I felt like I was unable to actually enjoy myself because this guy would not leave us alone. For TALKING! We are both business owners in our 30's and when we put our kids to bed at night if we want to sit on the balcony and talk at a reasonable volume we should be able to. We are not 22 year old loud, wild kids. This guys sits there with his windows open (yes he stays on property) LISTENING just to reprimand his guests. It's like he gets a sick thrill out of it. I paid over $1000 to this place and I had to sit inside the room on MY vacation as to not upset this rude man. Read the other poor reviews, they actually say similar things. I spoke to other guests who were also staying there and they too and they experienced the same thing- getting yelled at by this guy. What's funny is that there was a night he wasn't there some people had a radio going and others were talking and laughing and guests were on their patios having a nice time. It was good to see people having fun there! The next day he was back and by 11 NO ONE was on their porches and it was dead silent. I read some of the negative reviews and ignored them. I wish I hadn't. Bottom line, I would NEVER stay here again unless a new manager was placed. I want to go on my vacation and not feel like a "hall monitor" is keeping tabs on my family and I.

Room Tip: Request a beach facing room on the end so Ken the manager can't hear you talking at night.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GVM_Operations, General Manager at Gulfview Manor Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
As manager, I unfortunately have to address complaints made by our guests about other guests. The family writing this review was one of those times. We have rules in place to insure all guests and their families have a pleasant stay. Two of those rules are No Smoking in or around the building and an 11pm noise curfew. It was also turtle nesting season during their stay. Our turtles are a Federal Protected Species. We are required by law to LIMIT any light that might come from our building. As a result, all balcony lights must be turned off and our blinds are closed after sunset as not to disturb the hatchlings.

Let me start by saying that I was awaken after midnight by several phone calls complaining about loud outbursts, noise, and music coming from a sixth floor apartment. As it happened, I just happened to be staying in the apartment across the hall from the apartment responsible for the complaints. I stay in all the apartments from time to time so I can evaluate the apartments for any deficiencies that may not get reported to the office. Their balcony and the apartment I was staying in are both located at the end of the 6th floor hall walkway. As I walked out of the apartment, the first thing I noticed is their radio playing and Dana and her intoxicated brother smoking on the balcony. I first addressed their smoking in the building, which is prohibited. As I was addressing the music, the noise, and load outburst coming from them, I was immediately confronted by Dana’s brother who was “just visiting”. Dana forgot to mention that her brother was so confrontational, loud, and obnoxious that I was going to call the Sheriff and have all of them removed. Dana was also mistaken in that I left for a day. This is my residence, I don’t leave. By the way Dana, if I happen to have my windows open at night while I sleep like the other guests that stay here, and you Wake me or our other guest up after 11pm, I will be knocking on your door. This is not your home or your private playground. Did you forget that all guests deserve Respect. They are spending as much as you are. As your brother stated “we all are paying good money to be here”. I guess he forgot he was not a paying guest, just your visitor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. This was our first visit to Fort Myers and we will definitely return. The staff was very helpful and our apartment was clean and very spacious. The pool and property was kept very clean and the staff was very friendly! 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fort lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend and it was great. The room was top floor with ocean views out of every window. The beach was right out back. Balcony was huge!! I wish we could have stayed longer. Definitely stay here!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Coldwater, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My children and I just got back from here and I had to write a review! Ken and Julie were so helpful and super not only with our stay but my boys liked how friendly they were too. The room was spotless and close to the beach. Very spacious and had everything we needed for our stay. It was far enough from the heavy party scene on the beach that we were able to relax and enjoy our quiet time with out being crowded or noisy. We will be staying here without a doubt on our next trip to Ft Meyers. Cannot say enough about this place. Also, it is very affordable for a family! Gives you plenty of extra funds to enjoy all the many area attractions! I would recommend this place to anyone that is planning on a vacation to Ft Meyers! Thanks again to all the staff at Gulfview Manor!

Room Tip: If you want a balcony room that over looks the beach, you will have to get a 1 bedroom apartment. Th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We as a group have been going to Gulf view Manor for at least 20 years for this past weekend.We get a one bedroom apt. They are always very clean and everything works.The beach is beautiful the pool is in very good condition and the landscaping ii also attractive. Overall we always have a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hobe Sound, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This property is a great value if you are willing to sacrifice customer service. They make you feel like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay there. It's not that they are extraordinarily rude but they are certainly not nice. Their elevator was broken when we arrived so we had to make a few trips up 4 flights of stairs. No big deal for us but an apology upon check in or at least a head up would have been nice. An older couple had been sitting near the elevator waiting for a repairman so they could check in to their room. We offered to help them with their luggage ( another couple trips up 3 flights) and found out they had been waiting for almost 45 minutes and the office manager just said " we called a repairman, I don't know what you want me to do." Our entire stay was like that. They did the bare minimum and expected you to thank them. Not the way to ensure repeat guests. But if you don't mind the rudeness, or at least know what to expect, it's a good price, nice room, beautiful view. They simply don't care.

• Stayed May 2013
Byron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Gulfview Manor has everything one needs for a wonderful vacation experience! Pristine beaches - nicer than any other along the coast of Fort Myers Beach, shopping and dining within walking distance, spacious apartments that are comfortable and CLEAN, a fun pool that is crystal clean ~ just what we were looking for. My husband & I stayed one week last year and two weeks this year and we have reserved our apartment there for this coming winter already. The management is always ready to assist, even in ways not to be expected. The grounds are neatly kept and we found the rest and relaxation we had been looking for. This is our vacation destination spot for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gulfview Manor Resort? Share your experiences!