The drive along Estero is beautiful in itself, with plenty of beautiful homes and sights to see along the way toward the Villas, which sit right on the main drag (which is really where you want to be). When I say Main Drag....I hardly mean "busy". There are plenty of cars, but it's not ridiculous. The Silver Sands Villas sits across the street from the Gulf. Two blocks up is a great little area called Times Square. Endless choices of eateries, shops, street talent, a pier to walk up and down on and possibly to fish on too. There's a ton of stuff to do on the beach including jet skis, parasailing, sunning, surfing. The sunsets are not to be believed on the West coast of Florida. Back to our accomodations....This little gem is tucked away back from the street, so when you are back in the Garden, you can't tell where you are. It's magical. These pretty little bungalows have everything you need. Good sized refrigerator, fully stocked kitchen with utensils, pots, pans, etc. It's rustic, but absolutely charming and we plan to return with our kids next time. As teens, all of them, we can let them go into Times Square without us for ice cream or shopping, as it's just up the block. There is a 7-11 just next door and the other way is a McD's if you're in the mood for an egg mcmuffin for breakfast. Fill the frig, have breakfast and lunch in the cottage, and have dinner at Matanza's where there is live music and fabulous homemade pizza that's really something to write home about. Wonderful find....not sure I want to spread the news...hahah....We want it for ourselves!!!
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Villas Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Silver Sands Villas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 60 steps to the sand and only two blocks from Times Square, Silver Sands Villas features "Key West" style charm. We invite you to spend your next vacation or weekend in the heart of Fort Myers Beach at our quaint property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Silver Sands Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.