The facility is old, as you've already noticed--the shower curtain rod was just barely hanging on and there were cracks along the ceiling, etc. If you want spiffy, you'll need to open up your wallet further. The property sits right on the very wide beach. The rooms are staggered so most everyone will have a bay view. The room itself is large, but the kitchen is tiny; there's only about 14" of counter space which would be a problem for cooking much of a dinner but was fine for breakfast and lunch. Bathroom, towels and linens were adequate. The plastic mattress cover would rustle as you moved around in the bed, and the mattress had a few springs that could be felt, which may pose problems for finicky sleepers. There is no central air, and the a/c unit is loud and right next to the bed, which could also present a problem. From my experience though, the Carousel Inn is a good value.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Inn On The Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Carousel Inn On The Beach Hotel
- Carousel Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Carousel Motel Fort Myers Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Carousel Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.