If you're traveling with a family and would like to spend a relaxing time at the beach - this place is for you.
- location: right on the beach. If you're staying in rooms 141-145 (or maybe 142-146) then you door literally opens on the beach. Other rooms are further away and require a short walk along the property through hotel parking but it's not a problem. You can see the ocean from all balconies of the property. The hotel is also very close restaurants and shops: there is a nice restaurant right across the street from the property: has a nice salad and fruit bar for a very low price. There are sidewalks along the main road or you can walk along the beach. There is also a tram, which you can ride for 50 cents.
There is also a beach tiki bar nearby (I think it belongs to another hotel but it was open for everyone and had live music in the evening). It wasn't too loud to disturb us in our room, in fact we didn't hear it at all.
- beach: humongous! probably the largest in the area! Very clean! white sand, soft and fine like icing sugar!
- rooms: very spacious. We were impressed how big they were, even those that had a king size bed and a sofa. They also have suits, which are pretty large as well.
- kitchens: they have full size kitchens that include a large fridge and a real stove with an oven and they have everything you need for cooking. Plus a microwave, toaster, and a coffee maker. Save a great deal of money. There's a Publix within about one mile from the property.
Cons: rooms need a fresh layer of paint. We stayed in two rooms and both had old paint.
Also, beds and pillows have cases on them made of something plasticky. They squeak and crack every time you move and make you sweat quite a bit even though it could be fresh in the room. Finally, air-conditioners are old and loud. We visited in December so opening a window was sufficient (great plus - windows that open :) unlike in major hotels).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Carousel Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Inn On The Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Carousel Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Carousel Motel Fort Myers Beach