“great classic florida hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Carousel Inn on the Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6230 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Mounds, Oklahoma
“great classic florida hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary here. The stay was everything we hoped it would be. Great staff Jim and John offered their knowledge on restaurants,attractions,and whatever else we needed to enjoy our 7 day stay. The room was very clean and bright with windows we could open. We came without a car. We rented bicycles at the office and rode the local trolly to restaurants and shopping. this was the perfect no stress vacation place. We love the whole experience,thank-you guys. We'll return. Steve.

Room Tip: Any room looks good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed from 12/24 to 12/29 and had an enjoyable stay. The rooms are spacious and clean. We had a shy Parrot with us that caused us to ask Housekeeping for many special requests and they were so helpful and accomodating. True Goddesses! The Motel over all was clean, friendly and the full kitchen was nice. The beach is a LONG walk to the water. We were unlucky in that we got room 115 which pretty much has no view between the palms and the stairs going up. Due to the wide beach I would not stay again but I will never forget the Housekeepers who were the rock stars of my vacation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Palatine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We picked Carousel Inn for a family gathering because the price was good, it was on the beach, and had good reviews. It exceeded our expectations. Rooms are surprisingly spacious, clean and well furnished. Access and parking is very easy. The beach was great, if a bit wide. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. A perfect place for families with children.

Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and 2 kids stayed at the Carousel Inn from Nov 3 to 10th, 2012. We requested a room closest to the beach, or beach view. From Sat to Tues, our room was king size bed, tons of room for the kids to run around, a fully functioning kitchen and flat screen TV with kid channels.
Tues to Sat we got our beach view. 2 Double beds and plenty of room.
2 BBQ 's to use outside. Friendly staff and courteous. No issues with anything. Maintenance personnel always available if necessary.
The motel is in the best part of the beach. White powder sand, wide, tons of shells, live conch.
We walked further down and the other locations didn't compare. We hit the jackpot. Wife and kids liked the pool, near the front. Highly recommend this motel, that feels more like a hotel.

Room Tip: Request a beach view if desired and request a ground level room nearest to the beach if you have kid...
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We took a mini vacay (only about 2.5 hours' drive for us) and ended up here. A lot of places we looked at all around Florida were booked or overpriced, but this place was reasonably priced and had good reviews (and was available for the days we were going to be going). I agree with the good reviews. The beach is beautiful, the room was clean, spacious and was nicely decorated in a modern theme for being an older place. For the low price and the great location, I was extremely pleased.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived at the Carousel Inn at 2:30pm on 11/08. I was greeted by a nice older gentleman and our room was ready. I was out the door and on my way to the room in less than 5 minutes. We were in room 122 on the 2nd floor. This place is set up like an old style motel where you enter them from the outside of the building, and each room has a designated parking spot. I really wasn't expecting much with the low price I had paid online, we just wanted a place that had a nice beach area that we could enjoy before flying home the following day. When I open the door to our room, we were greeted with a strong bleach smell. My wife and I both figured at the time at least it didn't smell dirty, and the place seemed clean even though it looked very old. We opened all of the windows hoping to air the room out. As far as the furnishings go, everything seemed in decent shape, there was a full size fridge and microwave and sink in the kitchen area, the beds seemed a little hard, tho we didn't sleep on them. We decided to check out the beach while waiting for the room to air out. The red tide was in, and it was a little chilly and windy on the beach (not the hotels fault at all!) so we we went to the pool. The pool area was decent but, the pool was kind of cold so we just sat in the sun. We returned to our room and decided to go somewhere else the kids would enjoy. I went to the front office and while printing off my boarding passes for the following days flight home, I explained to the lady there that we were leaving as my wife and I both had headaches due to the strong bleach odor. I knew there would be no refund, and didn't want to move to a different room...I had learned my lesson that you get what you pay for! We headed to the Marriott Suites where we knew what was waiting for us!

Room Tip: Remember, you get what you pay for! If you want a new room, with updated furnishings and a view of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Carousel Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!