“If your looking for great sea food .....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Takeout
Description: Open 11-9 Everyday! Full Bar! Happy Hour Everyday 3-6! Half off well, house wine, & drafts! Amazing seafood! Specials Everyday! Beach Seafood Market right next door! Salads, soups, seafood, burgers, sandwiches, homemade pies, & kids meals! Come & eat & drink & enjoy!
Estero, Florida
“If your looking for great sea food .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

And you want good food at reasonable prices you've hit pay dirt at Skip One! Fresh sea food served daily. Family owned and operated with lots of charm. No glitz, No glamour but a menu that you will be telling all your friends about. Their New England and Manhattan Chowders are to die for. A must do when your in the Fort Myers area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, Florida
“Fresh, Inexpensive, Madhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is "an institution" locally. It's a seafood shack that has gotten immensely popular and expanded without upgrading several times, so your party will sit around a wooden table in a little, crowded, cheerfully noisy room with a bunch of other casual types enjoying seafood. There's no view, no music, no decor to speak of, your beer comes a lot faster than your food, it's not expensive, and it's a great place for a group from the office to go let off steam and eat seafood and drink beer. I think the night we were there, we had a group from an office, a group celebrating a birthday, a group of people from out of town on training whohad heard about the place, and a bachelorette party, all in a room about the size of our living room (one of the rooms to the rear of the restaurant, remember, I told you they had expanded a few times? It's a slice of old Florida seafood shack, only it was "discovered" years ago and now they are just trying to keep up with demand. They are still good. That's definitely something!

Visited November 2012
The Villages, Florida
“How low can you go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited here based on recommendations from our hotel. They need to take this one off their list. We were told this place had the best seafood around and everything was locally caught. The first thing we saw when we entered the restaurant was the available seafood products behind the viewing case. Right in front was a large display of Tilapia that was farm raised in CHINA. Next to that was a display of frog legs from CHINA. There was other seafood displayed from other countries also. The place is really showing it's age and as expected from an older local establishment the wear and tear is obvious. It looked like a good cleaning would be in order. We sat under the air conditioner and the condensation dripped on me the entire meal. From my seat I could see employees cutting fish out of the case without gloves and placing pieces back into the case, not the healthiest or most appetizing thing to see. We had the grouper sandwich which was very average at best. The fries were just ok, the cole slaw and potato salad probably came out of bulk containers. Very generic tasting and almost room temperature. There was quite a few people there when we arrived so some folks must be able to look past these issues and are able to find something they like. You can do much better than this so my suggestion is to save your money and time and find someplace that works a little harder at watching out for your safety and supports the local economy. A positive is that the staff were all very friendly.

Visited May 2013
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Do you really want your fish fried???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Skip One was recommended to us by the staff at the motel where we were staying. Apparently it's a favorite with the locals. It has it's own "fleet," its own small fish market and the exterior makes it look like the kind of hidden gem where a rough exterior keeps folks from finding out about the exquisite food indoors. Sometimes the best food can be found in the least fancy places. Well, if that's what you are looking for and if this is the best Fort Myers can do with seafood, you ought to keep going on down the road. Actually, the food is not all bad, although the selection of fish dishes is not as extensive as I would expect at a fish market. We had the grouper and the shrimp, both blackened. The portions were very generous and both came with "a vegetable" (no choices here), which turned out to be a huge mound of broccoli sort of shoved on the side of the plate (the presentation left a LOT to be desired).. My wife liked her shrimp. My grouper was overcooked and chewy. I wanted a glass of red wine with dinner. There was one choice: an unidentified Merlot. It came in a small plastic glass and was truly undrinkable. You can choose to have your dinner fried, blackened or grilled but every dish I could see at other tables was packed with fried fish and french fries. I suspect people come here for the quantity, not the quality. And certainly not the ambiance. The decor (or lack of it) really defines the place. On the wall next to us we had two small plaques with cute sayings on them (the kind you can buy in tourist shops), each hanging on a string arched over a single nail. On a high shelf the decorator had placed what appeared t be plastic or rubber fish, including, I do believe, Big Mouth Billy, the talking bass. Hey, this is Florida. There has to be better places to eat fish.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lithonia
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I were visiting from Atlanta and wanted to enjoy fresh seafood while in sunny Fort Myers. This is my home town, but I am not familiar with the area anymore since I've not lived here in over 20 yrs. Taking a chance, we stopped in for dinner and were pleasantly surprised. The grouper and shrimp were delicious; and the snow crab was steamed perfectly. The side items need some improvement, but this was easily overshadowed by the friendly service and seafood. Crowd not diverse at all but, atmosphere welcoming

Visited April 2013