“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Naperville, Illinois
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Have had dinner & lunch at the Matanzas. Food is great. Have the local seafood plate and ask for Jessica as your server...the best.

Visited April 2014
Petrarca828, General Manager at Matanzas Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for the nice review, Jessica a new member of our team and we are excited to have her. I will pass on the praise. ~Glen

Naples, Florida
“THIS is genuine Local and warmly welcomes tourists- upper deck, great view, cold beer, good apps, and usually evening local ente”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Warm breeze, cold beer, friendly bartenders, sports on tv's. Come and relax, enjoy the view and local flavor. THIS is why folks move to SW FL !

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Petrarca828, General Manager at Matanzas Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
WOW! What a great review, thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you soon. ~Glen
Key West, Florida
“Fun, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Have the gator tail app- no kidding! Two visits, service outside great on one and service inside poor on the other. Food is good, view is good.

Visited March 2014
Petrarca828, General Manager at Matanzas Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Julie, thank you for coming to our restaurant twice, we appreciate your patronage! While it seems you enjoyed yourself I always hope we can do better next time. Please ask for me. ~Glen
Canton, Michigan
“Wonderful night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Main Restaurant was excellent!: We sat on the deck overlooking the bay, I would recommend the outdoor seating. Watch the boats come and go, looks like many of the full time boaters hang out here. Live Jazz was playing, which I really enjoyed even though I am not normally a jazz band. The food was wonderful! We did not have a reservation, so we had a wait of about 30 minutes on a Thursday night, not a problem since we had the Tobacco boats to watch that were docked on the public pier next to the hotel, very cool! I would certainly go here again.

Upstairs Bar/Deck: Was really bad, looks like a lot of people were having a great time, but when we went back on Saturday to try out the pizza and a beer, the place was chaos! We had to fight for a table, no hostess! We found a table that was open but full of the previous customers waste. We were greeted at the door by one of the waitstaff running by with suggestions "find a place, anywhere you can". Once we did find the table, we waited 20 minutes and know one came to clear the table or to acknowledge we were there. The table next to us, who seated 10 minutes after us, went a found someone, When I tried to get the waitstaff's attention, eye contact was made, but the staff didn't come over (actually ran away!). We walked out. I only saw two staff member's working the tables and one bartender; looked like about 40 customers, and they couldn't handle it. Maybe it was a bad night, but I would stick to the restaurant and skip the upper deck bar/pizza area. I wish I could split my vote for this place, but I'll stick with the good experience at the main restaurant, just be allow lots of time and be bossy at the deck top,.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Janet for visiting our restaurant and taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time during one of Jazz on the Bay nights which we host every Friday. I apologize about your experience on the Upper Deck and wish I could talk to you more specifically. I did share your comments with the entire staff and hope we can do better on your next visit. Please contact me at Glen@matanzasinn.com. ~Glen
Saginaw, Michigan
“Great food perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We ate @ Mantanzas during our spectacular vacation in Bonita Springs. Our boat tour guide recommended it and we sure are glad he did!!! Food was spectacular! The grouper and the Key Lime Colada was my favorite. The location was beautiful and service was great. Can't wait to go back next year. A true Florida delight.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice words. We can't wait to see you next year! ~Glen