“Constructive criticism” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: South Beach Grille specializes in serving cuisine that is traditional with a creative flair. We take pride in offering fine dining, exceptional food and high-quality service. The art deco decor with a warm atmosphere, exquisite entrée presentation, and great service guarantee you an impressive time. Our experienced chefs prepare each and every dish in a way that meets or exceeds standards of culinary excellence.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Constructive criticism”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We're frequent customers to your beautiful restaurant and last weekend we enjoyed delicious seafood chowder, butternut squash soup of the day, roasted pear salad and tender loin tips with linguini. The panko breaded oysters were a great disappointment.
Expecting fresh oysters like we have in many restaurants here in in Florida these were IQF pre-breaded and VERY small. I never expected to get this at this well known restaurant. The presentation was beautiful but will tell everyone not to order this item.
Hope you find this as constructive criticism and change to fresh large oysters lightly breaded.
Can't forget to say the service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brad P, Manager at South Beach Grille, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We apologize and appreciate your input on the oyster appetizer. I assure you we do not use an IQF product, but the fact it tasted like one is a problem. South Beach Grille use an extra select, fresh oyster that is usually plump, juicy, and delicious. I will definately take a look at the size and the breading on our oyster dishes. Again, thank you for the constructive criticism.

85% Recommend
Naples, Florida
“VERY GOOD, BUT...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

SOUTH BEACH GRILLE is located in a strip plaza at the south end of Ft. Myers Beach. It contains a long bar area (with several TV's) and a large, fairly nice, main dining room.

Customers preferring to sit at the bar can avail themselves of "Happy Hour" drink specials and half-price "starters" (appetizers) from 4:30 to 10:00 pm. These offers do not extend to the main dining room.

Customers preferring to eat in the dining room can avail themselves of an "Early Dining Special" from 4:30 to 6:00 pm. It offers "two main courses for the price of one" from the "Main" menu or, inexplicably, smaller discounts ($10 to $15 off) when ordering two entrees from the more expensive "Specialties" menu or one from each. These offers do not extend to the bar area.

It's a shame that the "Happy Hour" and "Early Dining" specials are limited to the bar and dining room, respectively. For example, why should someone who enjoys wine with a meal have to pay full price in the dining room, while someone snacking on appetizers can enjoy that wine for half-price at the bar? I realize SOUTH BEACH GRILLE is not the only place with such limitations, but they are limitations nonetheless.

We arrived early and chose to eat in the dining room. The tables and booths are nicely spaced, although the paper covering the tables is not fitting for a restaurant of this calilber. Our server was polite and efficient, but spoke so fast we had to have him repeat details about the specials, etc.

Our grilled beef satay appetizer was very good, as was the pear salad. For entrees, we chose the grilled salmon (from the "Main" menu) and the Chilean sea bass with pasta ("Specialty"). Both entrees were quite tasty and the portions of fish generous. However, the glaze on the salmon was a bit excessive, while the sauce for the penne pasta tended to overpower the delicate flavor of the Chilean sea bass.

When we received our bill, the waiter mentioned it included a 15% tip and that such tips are automatically added to all "Early Dining". The tip was on the pre-discounted price of our bill. I'm glad the waiter told us about the "automatic" tip. However, I'm surprised he didn't tell us about it beforehand...and I've never been a fan of "automatic" tips.

A good-to-very good overall experience, but it could have been better. I'd rate it just shy of 4 stars.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Waitor was rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am a picker eater and had a general questions on how a sauce was made. I don't eat mushrooms and was wondering if one of the sauces had them in it. He pro ceded to tell me in a smart a.. way that if they had them in it it would say it.
He went to the first couple and starting taking their order and one of them order something with a mushroom sauce as stated on the menu and the waiter told the guy ... you know that has mushrooms in it. I proceeded to ask the waiter if he was making an a.. out me and i got in return with an attitude "no". If we would not have been with two other couples we would have left. everyone at the table could not believe how I was being treated by the waiter. I did end up ordering something simple.
I went to talk to the manager and tell him how I was made an a.. out of by the waiter. I explained to him what happened and all he said was well what do you want me to do. I said your the manger handle it. All i got was I will have a talk to him.
Menu is very over priced for what you get and food isn't that great. Save your money and go elsewhere.I would never recommend this place anyone.

Visited October 2012
Lake Elmo, Minnesota, United States
“Only restaurant we ate at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were in town for only 4 nights and ate at NO OTHER restaurant while we were there. They offer a vast menu with great specials for happy hour or early dinding. The food was wonderful and the staff was welcoming and accomodating.

Visited October 2012
Boston
“Best food on FMB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It may not overlook the ocean but this place has great food and great service. We were pleasantly surprised at the Tuesday special (buy one get one free), it would have been well worth full price but I'll take the deal! We liked this place so much that we did come back on our last night of vacay. I was so happy to see Maine lobster on the Friday night menu and it was as good as any place in New England!! If we vacation here again, we will be back!!

• Visited October 2012