“Weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Playa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Casa Playa Resort
Certificate of Excellence 2014
warren, Michigan
“Weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Another great visit to Fort Myers Beach and Casa Playa. The perfect place to stay. This was our first visit in the summer. We usually vacation in February. I think this was our 5th stay At Casa Playa and was fantastic as usual. Debbie and the staff are the greatest and the condos are the cleanest and the views from either bay side or gulf side our absolutely beautiful. Thanks again for making our trip so enjoyable.

Room Tip: The gulf or bayside are equally beautiful
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you very much for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Debbie and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just got back from staying 8 nights at Casa Playa and it was as always a clean comfortable place to stay. The whole experience is great from booking the room and throughout your stay the staff takes care of you. The office staff and the maintenance and cleaning personnel helped to make sure our visit was pleasant. We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit overlooking the gulf. I have also stayed in the bayside units which are smaller but fine for 2 people with a good view of the bay. I would recommend to anyone to stay here if they are looking for a clean comfortable place just far enough away from the crowd but just a short walk to anything they want.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you very much for the great review. Our staff is very happy you enjoyed your stay at the Casa Playa Resort.
Hope you see you soon.
Debbie Robinson and Staff
OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been staying at the Casa Playa for 10 years! I have takeb several people there also and they love it and stay there now!! The manager Debbie is so great, whatever stupid request I have she seems to take care of it. The girls ( Yancy ) that clean the rooms do a great job and everything always works. The landscaping and outside grill are just another plus about this great Condo! I will stay here on all my visits! Thanks again to everone for a great stay last month!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review.
We look forward for your next visit.
Thank you from all of the Casa Playa staff!
Shelby, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Just returned from our 2nd visit to Casa Playa. We always get room 302 because there is carpet there, but I imagine it will be replaced with tile soon because it seems to be getting a little worn. My friend smokes and smoking is allowed on the screened porches so this was a plus because some condos are completely smoke free on premises.
I liked the bathroom because there was a separate area with 2 sinks and changing area and a large walk in closet. Also lots of drawer space to put away clothes.
The kitchen was great. More than we needed. Dont forget to bring some coffee/filters.
Living area comfortable for 2 people in the king suite. I would like to try a bay view room sometime, but I believe they are all smaller efficiency rooms. On the ocean, the choice is a 1 bedroom or king suite.
We enjoyed the pool and the beach. the beach chairs were nice.
Any problems we had were quickly addressed by management.
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
We thank you at the Casa Playa Resort for the great review. We are happy you had a Pleasant
stay. Hope to see you soon.
Brownsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I spent 7 nights at Casa Playa recently for our 40th wedding anniversary. We loved everything! The staff is tremendously friendly even providing us with a complimentary bottle of champagne. We had a beautiful Gulf View apartment with all the amenities. We also took many walks on the beach to Times Square and enjoyed the restaurants and shops. The weather was fantastic in May and we decided to also book reservations for October. We couldn't be more pleased with our stay at Casa Playa.

Jon and Pat Stark

Thank you for sharing your 40th wedding anniversary with us at the
Casa Playa Resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for the nice review, see you soon
Thanks Again
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Let me first explain the 5 star was greatly influenced by the value and location, if you are expecting a ritz carlton, white glove emaccualte room this probably isn't the resort for you. We stayed in room 503 with a gulf ocean view, and loved the screened in porch, perfect for all times of the day, but especially for a morning coffee with book in hand. There was a small table and chair set there allowed us to have a few, although slightly cramped, meals. This room had a king size bed so my 3 year old slept with us all week but there was also a pull out sofa bed that would have worked for older kids. The free beach chairs and towels made it easy to sit back and relax while not being nickeled and dimed to keep yourself and belongings out of the sand. All appliances and cookware were available, however coffee was only given the first day and after one day of maid service, so I suggest bringing a few filters and your some of your favorite brew. As for made service we were there 7 nights and we had the room cleaned twice, I have no problem with this at all, I actually rather it this way, but some people may like everything done up and cleaned and towels replaced daily. I know there were some garbage concerns in other reviews before we went, but I found that fairly simple, I was outside every day, so if garbage or recycling built up from the previous day just bring it down on your way to the office to get fresh beach towels. The office had movies available for checkout (our room was equipped with a dvd player), not many and older titles but still a nice plus to have on the one rainy day we had. There was also a book trade in which I thought was a brilliant idea, and since I finished the one book I brought half way through, I was able to grab another thrilling adventure to read. I only have a few minor complaints, management could probably address these quickly and at minimal cost to make the stay even better. The vent in the bedroom was a bit noisy, I tried to adjust the angle of the air flow to minimize it, but a simple new vent that was tighter would eliminate the rattle. Also the toilet seat was a bit old had worn marks from where the toilet cover made contact, again another minor fix but over all it was a clean, and comfortable hotel/suite

Time Square the town center was a short walk maybe a quarter of a mile, where there were plenty of dining options all reasonable. Our favorite was Nervous Nellies, we went for lunch here twice and were able to eat the leftovers at dinner. There are 2 grocery stores not that far away, a Topps and a publix on the island around the 3000's on estero blvd. Some other interesting non beach activities we had while on the island was a tour of The Mound House, a very informative vegetation lesson along with the shell mound wall and video describing the native Calusa Indian tribe, another small park on the island Mantanzas Pass Preserve was a nice hike along well marked trails and boardwalks, a chance to see some nature besides the beach, mangroves and native trees, we saw armadillo, pileated woodpecker, lizards, crabs, and even a snake. Just off the island we also went to an extremely interesting little marine museum with a great story telling guide, I loved it, but not suited for young kids unfortunately. The other restaurant that was nice was Parrot key although the food was nothing amazing the sunday dinner, when reservations are made, includes a free pirate cuise, about 1 hour long boat ride just out of the bay and able to see the hotel from the gulf, a definite value worth exploring.

The beach itself was wonderful, lots of star fish and sand dollars fighting conch and lightning whelk in the water, and the last day we saw quite a bit of sting ray, not sure if I would have liked them around all week, a little nervous to have my girl too close to them. Any other questions you have about the resort or the area I would be happy to share my experience

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Drobinson281, Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your great review! We are happy you had a pleasant stay.
We hope you come back soon.
Green Brook, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I spent 6 nights at Casa Playa for rest and relaxation. Room # 605 was a perfect bay view. The room was clean and and everything we needed was provided. The location of the hotel is just far enough away from the center of Time Square and close enough to Bowditch Point Park for morning walks. The staff: Debbie, Victoria, Al, Grant and Yancy were all very helpful and friendly. The beach is perfect and the pool had just enough shaded areas for those days when I had too much sun. Debbie was able to provide me with an umbrella which was so helpful for beach time. Chairs and towels are provided for the beach and the grill and picnic area are a plus although we did not use it. We would recommend this hotel and come back if we return to Fort Myers Beach FL. Thank you to everyone for a wonderful stay at Casa Playa Resort!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper avoid the rooms next to elevators ours was 605. We were not affected but...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for the great review, and nice pictures.
We are happy you enjoyed your vacation at the
Casa Playa Resort.
Debbie Robinson

Been to Casa Playa Resort? Share your experiences!