“Owner of Hotel was very Rude” 2 of 5 stars

Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1400 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Hollywood, Florida
“Owner of Hotel was very Rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a party Hotel the bed was uncomfortable and the A/C didnt work well but it was a place to sleep, After what was a beautiful week end I was left with a sour taste in my mouth as we were checking out, our bikes were parked in the check out area, I was packing my bike This old guy in a powder blue car started blowing his horn and yelling at me to move one of the bikes said he couldn't get thru Which was a lie, as a SUV had just gone thru there, he then yelled I own this motel and I yelled back I just spent money at your hotel, then he yells at his parking lot guy to make me move the bike I yell that we are checking out and he then yells at his employee to "get them off his property" So I then move the bike and proceed to tell him his customer skills suck and I will never spend another penny at that place again. Obviously he has nothing to do with training his staff as the staff was great all week end. Maybe you should spend some of your time and money getting some decent beds and some good A/C As for me, I will never spend another penny there we had 2 rooms this time, and 5 rooms the last time, I love Ft Meyers beach But will never return to Lani Kai, I started out in the hotel business, I own a business and I would never think to speak to a customer like Mr C did to me.

Room Tip: Do not go to the bay side building ,the a/c is not cold, the building needs a lot of work But it is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We arrived on the last day of memorial day weekend. It was a frightening experience. Party Palace is what the locals call this hotel, they are right. We almost left due to fights and police. After the holiday was over we found one of the most awesome places to vacation. Lani Kai is truly unique. Clean pool, clean grounds, clean restaraunts, the staff was amazing. Kyra at the front desk is a gem. Jason Smith-Agate is the chef at the Island View rest. at the top of the hotel. We ate there 3 times and were completely blown away. He is the next greatest chef. We will never,ever,ever go back on a weekend but we will stay all week.

Room Tip: all rooms have a private balcony and an ocean view. stay to the south end if you want to sleep earl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel is old, needs some serious updates and cleaning. The room wasn't too bad. The view was excellent. The staff wasn't very friendly or helpful. Parking stinks. Went to the rest. top floor took forever to get waited on and the food wasn't all the great even with $5.00 off coupons. Sun, before we left, went up to have breakfast I sat and waited for over a half hour and NO ONE asked if they could help me. I saw too many other hotels in the area with just as great of view and looked newer and cleaner. If I go back to Ft Myers I won't be staying there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This place is disgusting. . Never stayed at a hotel this gross. This is a party hotel, so if you want to stay in a room that smells like vomit & dried semen, then the Lani Kai is the place for you. Don't forget to bring the kids, they can laugh at all the drunks on the beach in front of this place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Corunna, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We LOVE the Lani Kai. Its not a high class hotel but its so much fun there. The staff is awesome!!! Very friendly!!! Their food is awesome also. They make great drinks and its the hot spot to be. We have stayed there now a few times and enjoy every minute of it. If you like to have fun and enjoy people this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Just make sure you dont get a room over the bar or under the roof top bar. But other than that its a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel looked pretty decent by looking at the photos, but we got here and it was a party hole. Ok let me start this out like a normal human being. Upon arriving at the hotel, there was no parking ( Gave the spaces away to non-Guest ) and nobody had a single clue where the lobby was. After about 25 mins we finally found the lobby and checked in. We got our keys and waited about 15 mins for the elevator ( super slow and the buttons don't work ) Getting out of the elevator on the second floor we were greated by LOUD air conditioners that lined the hall and man was it HOT AS H&*#. After 6 attempted tries at unlocking the door, we used our shoulders and busted our way in. We where greeted with a smoke smelling room ( you can smoke in any room as long as your not on the fourth floor ), broken back door, plastic pillows, and furniture from the 60's. My complaining can continue but my hands are tired. Long story short, this place is a TOTAL party / spring break destination but not reccomend for any one UNDER 21. We asked to check out early but were denied, so have fun at this Hotel ( more like a Motel ) and don't forget the barf bags ( they came in handy. )

Room Tip: Don't make the same mistake as my family. Don't go here!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We arrived late our first night. The staff were wonderful! This is an older hotel with ALL the charm that brings! We spent 3 nights there and it was great. The hotel food was superb and very reasonably priced. There is a constant stream of parting going on at various venues during the day which allowed for entertainment for all ages and tastes. Oh and the food, did I mention the great food at great prices?! Our first night was prime rib on the sundeck. I am a prime rib snob, a damn good 12$ prime rib!! The best part was all the quirky artwork in all the nooks and cranies. 3 upgrades would have made this a 5 star stay-quieter AC, wifi on the rooms, and elevators that moved faster than..... Mud.

We loved our stay and will return!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!