“Don't stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1400 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #42 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Don't stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Room is old. Beach sucks because all the locals go with their boat right up to the she shore and get down to drink and party at the hotel bar so you are literally swimming in gasoline from the boats and exhaust fume smell. This is place for party people, drunk young crowd everywhere. Pay more and stay elsewhere. Music is so loud that even with closed doors you feel like the band is in your room from super early in morning until past 2 am. Just believe all the reviews and stay away. Also my balcony and front door would not close and I had a leak right over my toilet from the ceiling... Disgusting!.... On a plus I found no roaches!!!!

• Stayed May 2012

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Reviews from young people (two of us) will think this is the greatest place on Earth. Reviews from older (me) people will frown heavily on this resort. My rating is in the middle because there were great things here and almost unbelievable half-assed things. LOVE the party atmosphere during the day. HATE getting hit on in the elevator by drunk women. LOVE the location, HATE the staff dumping trash barrels of glass beer bottles into a metal dumpster at 6:45am. LOVE the rooftop restaurant, rocking tables and the view, HATED the fight on the beach at 1:00am...on and on.

Room Tip: Stay here if you party
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

At first, the place seems great. the room was clean for the most part. The shower was useless. Zero way pressure, no way would I have been able to wash my hair. The noise was unbelievable. The music was banging till three in the morning. We were woken up at the crack of dawn by a million birds on our balcony and what sounded like construction. There was a sizable gap between our door and its frame. I also woke up with several bug bites. Awful stay.

• Stayed February 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Let me start by saying that in all my years of travels, I have NEVER seen anything so disgusting in my life. My husband and I have never posted any negative reviews about restaurants, motels, anything. I don't enjoy bashing anyone. We read some of the negative reviews before we checked in. We thought,well it wont be so bad..............Big mistake!!! We should have believed everything that we read. When we arrived at Lani Kai, we could instantly see a building in need of serious renovation! We ask the manager to see our room. He was very nice and took us to a room that was just gross. Old bedding, old t.v. old mini fridge, sliding doors were so heavy and old that I couldn't open them. I refused to use that bed with the dingy looking bedding. The ceilings and walls were patched as well. He told us we could move to another room. Room #2that was a little better. New bedding, new mini fridge and a new t.v. the sliding doors opened so we decided to take that room. Still not great but make the best of it. After unpacking and going to the beach, we return to find that the rooms airconditioner is broken! We have to move again! Next room new bedding and t.v. the bed was horrible!!!! Like cement, the bathroom sink looked like a science project gone bad! Again patched ceilings walls, very old out dated furniture. We tried to laugh and make the best of the situation. When its time to shower, NO WATER!!!! For over 3and hours!!! Meanwhile during all the malfunctions we have discoverd that this is party central! Beach bar with live music, top floor................. of hotel is restaurant and bar with live music. Weekends its unbelievable! About 100the boats in the water, mass amounts of people on the beach. The locals use this as a number one party spot. After our water was turned on we think what else could go wrong:.............i take a shower and now i have no hot water!!!! The pool is shaded and they are supposed to heat it but they don't. We paid almost 800.00 to stay in hotel hell! Please think before you book a room.............................................................

JRoark, knoxville,tennessee

• Stayed January 2013
tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Unfortunately, even after reading the reviews, we stilled stayed here. We read that this hotel was a little loud but we are used to loud and didn't think it would bother us. This was, by far, the worst establishment we have ever stayed in. We were taking the Key West Ferry from Fort Myers to the Keys and decided to stay here for one night, so we could make the 7:00am boarding call. So, we actually did have a good time, relaxing during the day, walking around early evening. (The one thing that kinda sucked was we went and sat out on the beach chairs that are on this property and after we were all situated and comfortable, a person rides over to us and tells us that we have to pay to use the chairs.) We tried to go to bed about 10:00pm so we could be up early to catch the ferry. Unbeknownst to us, they have a metal band that plays downstairs, in a bar that have more band equipment than a "real" band playing a concert in the stadium. It was so loud, that 4 floors up, our room was shaking and we could feel the base vibrating through our bed. We couldn't even hear the TV, the band was so loud. Finally, about 1am, we called the front desk to try to move rooms, which they did, but the manager on duty was the rudest person we had ever met. Refering to my fiancee as "boss-man" and had the worst attitiude.. from an employee that I have ever seen.

The security at this hotel was the worst, too. Our first room was next door to about 20 frat boys, who were drunk, rude & obnoxious. Even so far as running up and down the hallways and then at about 2am, ALL OF THEM, went skinny dipping in the beach. Very, very loud and the security did nothing.

Finally about 3am, we were finally able to sleep, only to have to get up 3 hours later to catch the ferry. Absolutely the experience I have ever had in a beach front hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The worst customer service staff I have ever dealt with. I am astonished the establishment is even in business. roaches and ants throughout. Signs are posted admitting they don't clean bed linens or towels unless specifically asked for..? When I asked the "worker", whom I inconvenienced by making him hang up his clearly personal phone call,if I could make a formal complaint to them about how I felt I was told if I didn't like it that I could just leave...and I did just that.

• Stayed January 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Probably one of the worst hotels you can ever set foot in. Giving Lani Kai one star is being generous. The building itself is falling apart. It wouldn't surprise me if the next hurricane took the place down. The drinks are overpriced. The entire property is as dirty as can be. The staff is rude and look like they just rolled out of bed. The entertainment is obnoxious and juvenile at best. Having been an employee of high end hotels for many years, I have to believe that the management and staff do the complete opposite of what it takes to impress their guests. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!