“Great time for myself, my husband and our 8 month old son- we will be back :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1400 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Great time for myself, my husband and our 8 month old son- we will be back :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience at this resort although we almost did not stay here because of reviews. We stayed on the 5th floor right off the main elevator in a room with a king bed, kitchenette and sofa. The decor/furnishings are not the best I have seen but were definitely not gross or falling apart like others have said in their reviews. The bed was comfortable and the room was CLEAN- there wasn't even dust under the bed, which I thought was impressive. We had an amazing view of the ocean and enjoyed the daily entertainment on the beach front. We could hear the music in our room during the day but I found that to be nice and relaxing. The swimming pool is heated and very nice and there is an attendant to make sure that only registered guests use the pool. The beach was beautiful and clean (the staff checked garbage on beach often) and there was plenty of room to put up my beach chair and umbrella on the beach. I thought the variety of food/drink at beach side of the hotel was great. There was also a neat playground for kids and sand volleyball. The food on the sun deck was VERY good. They have great happy hour special on food and drink and we paticuraily enjoyed the seafood and the pizza. The karaoke and bands on the sun deck was fun and ended at 10pm so there was no issue with noise. The best part - I only paid $125 for the room... That was very inexpensive for a room with a king on the beach. In short, we really enjoyed our time here and would return if in the area again.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Media, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We recently purchased a home in Bonita Springs. For New Years we wanted to celebrate at Fort Myers Beach with our kids and friends who came for the holidays. We were told that it is very hard to get in and out on that night so we decided to book a room on Fort Myers Beach. My husband booked the Lani Kai. The pictures in their web page did not look bad and we did know it was no 5 star which we usually stay at but what the heck for one night. I might start by saying I would not even give this a 2 star. We arrived at the resort around 4:00 pm and the parking attendant told us there was no parking spaces to pull over in a certain area and go check in and he will find one. Hello, we are hotel guests and no spaces for us? OK, so my husband runs in and we pull over to the area where he says. The next thing I know he is at the window of the car saying "Hey you can't park here it is for the Manager" Hello, you just pointed to the spot and said to park there just to check in and you would find a spot. So, I pull the car out just as my husband comes out. We unload the car and my husband and so go to find the attendant to see where to park. They said he was very rude about the whole thing and finally found them a spot across the street from the (well I am not sure what to call it) the motel? It certainly isn't a resort in my standards. We load up and wait forever for elevators because crowds just keep coming off the beach in sandy bathing suits and feet and piling on these elevators to get to the rooftop bar. OK, so now we got one...we travel up to the 1st floor land in a lobby, turn left down dingy hallways and out a door again to the outside like a motel and find our door. We go inside and I wanted to DIE in this so called resort. The bathroom was like a closet and it had a drop ceiling with tiles that were black. We found a sock from whoever was in it before us...I just wanted to turn around and leave...I then rememberd I was doing this for the kids to have fun that night and see the fireworks. The band below us on the beach was to play until 2:00 am and it was so loud in the room. The first thing I did was pull all the covers off the beds and throw them in a corner. I was so sick. I went and asked them for new blankets so I knew they would be cleaner then what was on that bed. Thank the Lord we all showered before arriving and just needed to spruce up and change into our clothes for the New Year! Well, we all brought nice clothes and the rest of the crowed in this PLACE just stayed in T-shirts, shorts and flip flops all night...talk about feeling out of place. I then said to the kids...we don't change who we are. We went out to Nervous Nellies for dinner down the street which had good food then came back to the beach area and hung with lots of shady looking people until the fireworks went off. My husband and I went back to the room by 1:00 am and slept ontop of the bed. The kids arrived back around 2:30 am and we all got up at 8:00 am and booked it out of this place. It was the dirtiest spring break place I ever saw. Sorry, but this place has no right calling itself a resort. We ran down the steps in the morning only to encounter the rude attendant once again where he once again made some kind of rude comment to my husband and son and they just let loose on him. They said that they needed to get out of this dump and they needed the car NOW...I guess they disturbed him from sitting and he had to move or something....oh well...as they say...live and learn.,....if you are thinking of going here....just ask yourself...do you like a dirty, spring break atmosphere? If you answer Yes then this place is for you...if not.....stay clear of this place.

Room Tip: my tip is run and don't look back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TrentSeguin, Director of Sales at Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We do realize we are need of some updating and we are in the process of that. We just received our first shipment of new bedding and we are about half way completed in our Bathroom remodels. I have bubbled your review up to the General Manager and he is taking action. I also printed a copy for our Executive Housekeeper to read and to use for educational purposes. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, with your feedback we can pinpoint the issues we need to correct.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

took the family for a nice get away in near by Naples, FL drove to ft myers beach to have some fun with the kids had a few to meany and ended up staying at the LK...it was a fun time but the hotel overall has a party atmosphere and could use renovations in key places - with all that i would still stay here and enjoy a great get away anytime! be ready for fun though or you will not have as good of experience as i had!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TrentSeguin, Director of Sales at Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you Royce the Lani kai is THE place to be on Ft. myers beach! We also agree we need some updating and here is what we are doing about it. Remodel our bathrooms to date we have finished 57 of the 125 bathrooms we have. We also purchased new bedding for the hotel (new duvets, skirts,and throw pillows) they started arriving 1/2/2013 and hopfully we have them in the rooms by the middle of January. But as busy as we are it may take longer. We also have been purchacing new flat screen T.V.'s and to date have installed 46 and we are receiving about 10 every two weeks or so. We are so glad to hear that we met your expectations as a FUN place to be. Hopefully by the next time you stay with us all of our improvements will be completed but as you imagine we are constantly trying to improve our hotel and we will always try our hardest to exceed your expectations. Thanks for being here!!!
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Please do not waste your hard earn money on this highly over priced DUMP! The room we stayed in was a dump the paint is miss matched from trying to hide the water damage spots that ran down the side walls. The ceilings had multiple water stains showing on them the air vents had black dirt all around them. The tile floors were chipped the carpet had not been vacuumed upon our arrival. My wife went to take a shower and the cold water supply line was not functional at ALL!!! The bathroom had visible water damage the base boards were swollen. THIS HOTEL HAD ADVERTISED IT HAD RENOVATED SHOULD HAVE READ DESPERATELY NEEDS TO BE DEMOLISHED AND REBUILD.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chadwicks, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

From our check in on 11/07/12 to our last minute, we were very happy. Check in was easy, everything explained, and rate was much lower than expected. Our room was bright and VERY clean, I loved the tile floors. Alot of room, several plug ins, lots of lights, with energy saver bulbs..YES...We had our own beach chairs, could put them anywhere we wanted. Music on the beach daily was an added plus. Tiki bars on ground floor, bar on the roof, beautiful dining room, and food that could not be beat..They must have a grade A chef. We drove around 1500 miles one way and will not hesitate to do so again. A VERY special thank you to LEAH, a very thankful wonderful worker--from bar tender to waitress to beach server...CAROLINE RYAN, husband and adult son

Room Tip: If band noises are a bother, ask at check in for rooms farther away...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Homosassa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friend and I stayed here sat, sun, and checked out today. I have never complained on this website until now. They have a band on the bottom and top of the hotel, impossible to sleep. We went and layed out on the beach this morning and they tried to throw us off the beach because we were too close to their chairs. That was the final straw. Please do not torture yourself and stay here if you want to rest.

Room Tip: every time the a/c kicks on you get a loud noise. you're really lucky if you even get someone a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
NEW CASTLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

After driving 1200 miles to our destination, a referral from someone & the information provided on line,we were horrified at what we we saw when we checked in. There was an odor in the lobby & elevator up to the room. The floors in the entrance of the room, felt like bubble gum... it was so sticky. The odor continued into the room. You weren't able to open the sliding glass doors to the balcony. The curtains were hanging off the rod & you would be afraid to go out on the balcony. There was cooked, dried food in the microwave & mold on the refrigerator. Then when we proceeded to the bedroom & bath area, we found peeling paint inside the bathtub. The window was ready to fall out & it stunk. The bedroom,we would have been afraid to lay our heasd down. & sleep. We were offered other accommodations, however, we don't believe we could have stayed in any room at this hotel. It was filthy. They gave us a full refund & were were on our way to a much nicer hotel (Heaven compared to this Hell).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lani Kai Island Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!