“Good food, but staff smoking at entrance door is a turn off” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Chuck's Last Stop: An American Grill is a fine dining restaurant a block off the Fort Myers Beach. We offer excellent food along with a relaxing atmosphere. Our motto is: We take food seriously, but not much else! Enjoy the beach and then come in and enjoy a meal.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Good food, but staff smoking at entrance door is a turn off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Good food, interesting menu items. I would go back, but for the staff, manager and owner smoking at the main entrance is a real turn off. Every time the door opens the smoke smell enters the eating area. Not my idea of a smoke free restaurant.
I would definitely return and went by several times during my vacation, but did not stop, as there was someone smoking at the door. Too bad, I wish them well but will not go back and hope they change their smoking policy.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Myers, Florida
“Better than average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I went to Chucks the other day, since it is a new restaurant on the beach near where I live and I hadn't been there before.

I would say most of the stuff was quite good, but there were a few odd things. The key lime pie dessert for sure wasn't key lime pie. I loved the chocolate brownie thing although it was really small.

They had a special on scallops which were really, really good. Another person ordered the flat bread and that was just weird.

Chucks is going in the right direction, but there's just a couple little things to work out before I would rate them excellent.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, MI
“I'd Give It 6 out of 5 stars If I Could”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Thank goodness, Chuck made his last stop and opened a restaurant. This place is phenominal. Beautiful decor, great service, but the best part of all is the food. The Volcano Rolls truly are scrumptious. Ditto for the gumbo, which they nicely split one order into two bowls for my wife and I to share. I had the fish of the day which was a delicate and very flavorful sole, the best i have ever had, with fantastic sides of broccoli and coconut rice. My wife had the fish tacos. Plentiful and delectable, I was able to sneak a bite for myself. The service was also great, from Chuck (not the owner), who seated us and told us the story of the restaurant and its name, to Michael, our knowledgable waiter who had great recommendations and also conversed baseball with me. This was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences I have had in a while. If you are in Fort Myers Beach, do yourself a favor and go to Chuck's Last Stop and skip some of the more popular tourist locations. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ft myers beach
“flat bread of the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

went to check out this new place on the beach and tried the flat bread, the chef has a different one each day ( menu says so) today it was steak and cheese, it also had some chives on it and other stuff .... little pieces of peppers I think ..... and herbs and spices...

all in all it was pretty darn good, nice lite lunch and it was only $7.... Iced tea was another $2.50 but came with refills....

be thirsty my friend.....

Visited March 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Filet Mignon was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The food and atmosphere is wonderful but the best part is a server that goes by Chuck (the non-owner). He is a HOOT and knows the food. My steak was perfect. Hubby had fish tacos, which were huge and the best he's ever eaten. No complaints. On our 2nd visit that week my husband and 2 friends had the fried oyster sandwich, which they all LOVED. I had the grilled chicken on pretzel bread, yummy. Desserts are just the right size. Hope this restaurant is there next time we visit FMB!

• Visited March 2012