“Outstanding Jaegerschnitzel!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 7 am - 11:30 am, Lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm & Dinner from 4 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Jaegerschnitzel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We are sorry we cannot get to Heidi's on a regular basis. We made our annual pilgrimage, and were not at all disappointed. The Jaegerschnitzel was as good as ever and its sauce incomparable. The home made spatzle was also perfect.
Maybe to only downside to Heidi's is its location on Ft Myers Beach. Traffic is always tough, but the slow ride is worth it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Not number one for breakfast.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'm surprised, like other reviewers, that this restaurant is ranked #1. It must be because of their dinners, because their breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. The English muffins were grilled and greasy instead of toasted. In fact, the whole breakfast was greasy. The waitress seemed like she wished she were elsewhere. I know you can't eat atmosphere, but this place had no ambiance, tucked in between a Chinese restaurant, and a nail spa, with a bleak interior. Access was also difficult since you had to pull in and attempt to back out into a busy thoroughfare. There is a much better place for breakfast than Heidi's, and we are glad we found it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Our mistake-read more of the reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First of all,this is a German restaurant,which I missed completely in the few reviews I read, and by looking at the logo ,which is a complete joke. We were driving from the airport to Naples & I thought it would be a good idea to stop in Fort Myers Beach for lunch,so I consulted Trip Advisor.After we got here,we were hungry,so decided to stay,even though we felt entirely ripped off.Not on the beach,not on the side of the street as the beach,can't see the beach.It is not an island bistro,it's a German restaurant in a nondescript ,small ,strip shopping area,across from the beach.And the decor was blah. And the food was just O.K. How is this place # 1 ??? Burger,cuban sandwich,sausage sandwich just O.K. Just a warning!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Better places on the beach”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We did not eat here, but stopped in during the day to check it out and have a drink. The hostess/server was less than welcoming and the ambiance was not that great. It is cute inside, but there were much better places to choose from. I'm surprised to see this place is ranked #1 on the beach. In fact it's not on the beach at all.

Visited February 2014
wimaxe, Owner at Heidi's Island Bistro, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
sometimes it really helps to taste the food to understand why a Restaurant is ranked #1
Buy the way, a Restaurant on Fort Myers Beach must not be located on the "Beach"
Thanks have a nice day
Jamestown, New York
“Excellent Authentic German Food in Ft Myers Beach?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My son and daughter in law stumbled upon this restaurant a few months back thinking it was a taco/burger/pizza/chicken-wing place and they were pleasantly surprised. I am visiting for a few days and they could not wait to take me to Heidi's. I lived in German for 3 years and I miss the Weiner, Gypsy and Jaeger Schitzel. This place had the best! Generous portions, great sauces, incredible spatzle. Even the Hefe Weizen beer was perfect. I'd go back once a week if I lived here. I highly recommend...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere