“Great beach location, nice suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Edison Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Edison Beach House
You added Edison Beach House to your Saves list
830 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Great beach location, nice suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Booked this hotel for a long weekend with my girlfriends. When we booked it, the room we wanted wasn't available for our entire stay so we had to switch rooms while we were there. They made it very easy for us to do this and allowed us to stay in our first room as long as we needed to so we could make the most of our beach/pool time. Our first room was one of the larger 2 bedroom suites facing the pier and then we moved to a 2 bedroom suite facing the opposite side (pool view). The first room was larger but the second had a larger balcony and better view so if we went back, we would have to decide on which we would rather have. The hotel is quiet and although it is close to everything, it is very low key. No bar or restaurant on site but with the full kitchen in your room, you can bring in everything you would need. This hotel is laid back and seemed to cater to an older crowd. We aren't "youngsters" but we were probably the youngest people we met while we were there. It was just what we needed - a few days to take it easy and relax by the pool or beach.

The only negative that we encountered was that when we arrived, it was late (after the front desk was closed) and we noticed the hallway smelled very strongly of paint and our room smelled even worse. We opened our balcony door and turned on the ceiling fans but all of the other windows were screwed shut so we couldn't do anything with those. When we went down to the desk the next morning to say something, we were told they had only painted stairwells and we were mistaken if our room smelled. What? We weren't making it up and had the headaches to prove it. Then the next day, just as it got a little better, the painters had showed up again and when we went upstairs to our room, the nook in the hallway next to our room where the maids kept supplies was roped off with a sign saying wet paint. They couldn't have told us that their painters were scheduled to be there the whole time during our stay? Instead they told us the paint fumes we were smelling weren't that bad and our room didn't smell at all? Which wasn't true. I don't understand why you would argue with the customer and not be up front about the painting that is happening with the property.

Room Tip: Look on their website to view the room layouts to pick a room size that meets your needs. The rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
sevierville Tn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I Booked this Hotel for the Night of Jan. 21, 2013. I was Visiting My Daughter in Tampa and wanted a quick " Mother/Daughter " Getaway, in Ft. Meyers. I Loved this Hotel. We had a Room on the Fourth Floor, Looking right over the Gulf. We only Stayed for a Night, but there was everything, You would need in the Room, for an Extended stay. Parking was only a few Feet, from the Front Door of the Hotel and it was a Short Walk to the " Time Square " area, with Shops and Restaurants. Sitting on the Balcony, watching the " Sunset " and " Sunrise " and being just Steps from the White Sand. What a Treat. I can see Myself, coming back here Next Winter, for an Extended stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rome, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My mother comes down to Florida to visit her Sisters often and while laying on the beach one day she saw this building. It is in a perfect location! Close to the pier, shopping and dining. We didn't use our car once while here. We stayed for 7 nights. The staff was incredible, they gave both of my children a stuffed animal upon check in. We stayed in an A suite which comfortably fit four adults and two children under 5. We had others visit and we could all sit and visit in the living/dining/kitchen area. The two bedrooms were off another hallway so even when the children were sleeping they couldn't hear the rest of us having a great time!! We could see the pier from our balcony (however as any traveler knows not all rooms can face the water) but we could see it and once you go down stairs you are on the beach! They had an adorable pool that my children loved (after seeing the snails in the shells one morning they were don with ocean critters) THey have a playhouse as well as sand toys that you can bring out to the sand. They have beach chairs; water toys and kick boards available for you while you stay there. The rooms were cleaned daily and everything refreshed. the kitchen area is stocked with every pot/pan/utincel you could imagine to cook with. We went to the store the night we checked in and stocked the Cabnets and Refigerator for our week there. We could not be more pleased with the accommodations and every year we return we would love to stay here! The weather was perfect the third week of January up until the last day (even that day after attempting to walk the very chilly beach my husband and I stood under thier very large dryer vents off to the side of the building keeping warm as we watched the waves crash in from the storm) Perfection!!! Your place is amazing!! Thank you for sharing your space with us!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and the location of the building to all there is to do while visiting this a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Right on the water. And they even manicure the sand on their beach themselves. And does it ever make a difference. I stayed in a one bedroom suite, all of which over look the Gulf. 4th Floor windows open and it was excellent. The rooms have all that is needed for an extended stay of just a really comfortable over night stay. In room washer, dryer, full kitchen. Very nice. The desk staff was very helpful in making recommendations. Room to park, playground for kids, great pool, grills, gift bag at check in with stuffed animals for my kids, I can't say enough nice about this place. And they even sent me a Christmas card. Now that's the attention that makes a difference. For a beautiful, clean, comfortable, family friendly stay, I have found no better on the North end of Ft. Myers Beach than the Edison Beach House. I will stay there again as often as I am able to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We spent two nights here in October of 2012. We just were trying to find some place to relax and enjoy ourselves. We were not familiar with the area at all and spent time driving up and down the main road. Finally we stopped at the Edison, we had traveled for 4 hours due to getting lost, exhausted and hungry. The clerk at the desk was SO FRIENDLY; she answered every question I asked and treated me with kindness which was much needed. The housekeeping staff; so professional and anything we needed we were given within moments of request. The view is perfect and we never had to drive left our car there and walked around the beach, shopping and even in the evening walked to the main square to listen to music. The security made it very comfortable with two ladies staying by themselves. You could not enter the building without the key in the evening and there was a call phone if needed. When I came home I told my husband I wish all places gave that kind of service and welcome feeling. I am from IL and my friend is from FL (St. Pete) she too was impress with the Edison.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sanford, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent the night in November, 2012. We had no specific plans in mind, but we pulled in to the parking lot of Edison Beach House and we were warmly greeted, and we decided to stay.
Our room overlooked the Gulf, was very clean, spacious and it had nice personal touches. The rooms were quiet, as well. Our party included myself, my mother and my 14 yr old daughter.

We are avid travelers and have experienced a wide realm of properties across the United States, as well as outside of the country. We all agreed that we would definitely stay here again and would recommend the accommodations to others.

Room Tip: Sunset view is spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

What an awesome place to stay. We had suite D on the second floor. Viewing the ocean, day and night from the balcony and having the patio doors open with the breeze and sound of the ocean was very relaxing. The dolphins also entertained us, usually twice a day. The forty plus units allowed a very clean, quiet and friendly stay. We were impressed with the routine cleaing efforts daily with pool, chairs and raking of the beach (white sand) in addition to cleaning our room. The location was great. Walking distance fo eat, shop and trolly if needed. We would love to go back and yes, we would stay at the Edison Beach House.
Sister's from Ilinois

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Edison Beach House? Share your experiences!