“Great place for all ages!” 5 of 5 stars

Mariner Boathouse Beach Resort
7630 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL 33941   |
Ranked #42 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Buffalo, New York
“Great place for all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have been going to Mariner's Boathouse since I was a baby with my parents and I am now 30 years old. I have gone with family, friends and just the wife and I. I have so many amazing memories of this place growing up. The activities they have for children of all ages keep them occupied and happy as they did for me while I was young. There was always something to do or and the pool was always clean and fun. As I grew up I had just as much fun as a teen and in my early 20s going to the town and meeting new people. Yes the bunk beds are a bit small but it added to the fun of the room. The older I got the tougher it became to fit in them but the pull out couch/bed in the living room was adequate. Walking on the beach to the holiday inn is always a pleasant trip and fun atmosphere at the bar. You cant beat the screened in porch outside every room. I have spent a lot of my time out there playing cards, eating dinner or having a few drinks with family and friends. Now I am 30 and still stay 2 weeks every year with my parents and wife in April. This year I will keep the tradition alive as well as bringing my new born 3 month old with us for his first trip anywhere on a plane. I couldn't think of a more fitting vacation for my boy and I can only hope he can create his own great memories as I have here for a long time to come.
Take a chance with this place, you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a no hassle place. Park anywhere, laundry is free. Maintenance man will rig up a fishing rod for you and filet your catch. Borrow bikes, canoes, etc. Forgot something? They have a supply of beach towels, beach chairs, etc, that others have left behind. This is a really homey place, pot luck dinners, free popcorn, etc. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Inside the unit, it IS older, but very clean, large, and well-equipped. We enjoyed the funky "boathouse" décor. The sunsets on the screened balcony were awesome. If the beach is your thing, you need to understand...your view is the beach but between your view and the beach there is a little strip of beach, then a narrow lagoon, then the actual beach, so it is a little walk. The lagoon is usually shallow enough to wade but it is mucky. For fishermen, while we were there, redfish, snook, black drum, trout, and pompano were caught in the lagoon. Just borrow a chair and a shrimp bucket. It is teeming with wildlife, herons, egrets, roseate spoonbills, and oystercatchers. This is at the quieter, south end of the beach. If you are looking to party, probably not your best choice. A few minutes from restaurants, (Recommend Doc Ford's) and 2 miles to Publix. We would love to return.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We traded our timeshare from Arizona. We loved the location and accommodations. The big screened in patio was great for looking out at the gulf. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Free use of the canoe, boat, bicycles, WiFi etc. I really enjoyed the lagoon in front of the resort. They made breakfast and had pot lucks. They guys even caught some fish and had a fish fry. They did everything possible to make you feel welcome. I definitely will return. Thank you to everyone at the resort. If you have a change go to the Mound House . It is very interesting and only 3 minutes from the resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Elmo, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our timeshare exchange was well worth it! We loved the location and accomodations. The staff was wonderful and offered a lot of services considering the size of the place. Some timeshare owners may "P&M" of what isn't offered at this place compared to theirs. Conversley, we found this resort provided all we needed with a very accomodating staff in an ideal setting of Fort Myers Beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nokomis, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The pictures online don't do it justice. It's larger than they show. Great yacht details. Excellent view from our 2nd story room. The lagoon provided added interest to our walks. Lots of birds and sea life. Cozy, family atmosphere. The only downside were the awful beds. I woke up every time my husband or I rolled over in bed. The whole bed shook! My parents joined us for 2 nights and "slept" on the sleeper-sofa. They rolled toward the middle of the bed all night. It's supposed to sleep 6 people including the berth. The top bunk was very firm, but serviceable for our young teen daughter. I can't imagine anyone getting in or out of the bottom bunk, however. Lack of sleep was overcome by the soothing sounds of the Gulf from our balcony.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Medford Lakes, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This quaint timeshare complex isn't called Mariner's Boathouse for nothing. Beginning with turning into the parking lot, you have a green light on your left and a red light on your right to make you feel like you're sailing into the place. Walking into the rooms, you forget you're in a hotel and think you're on a boat, from the curved ceilings to the boat-like doors and sinks; everything is very authentic. And it is comfortable! 1 bedroom with a full bed, 2 bunks in the kitchen area (like in a real boat), 2 full baths, kitchen, living room with 1 couch and 2 chairs, and screened in deck make this place a catch. All rooms are beachfront and overlook the pool, a permanent gully, and gulf. The sun sets between the strategically placed palm trees every night over the gulf: quite a site for East-coasters who are used to seeing the sun rise over the ocean. The permanent gully is big enough that you don't want to walk through it to get to the beach, but Mariner's supplies canoes and paddleboats that you can paddle across, or you can walk around it. They also have cabanas between the volleyball court and gully if you want to sun by water but don't want to walk down to the beach. Mariner's supplies fun games such as golf clubs and balls, volleyball, cornhole, and pool toys. There is a heated pool and hot tub on the premises. There is a boat-shaped bar area where they serve $1 pina coladas and strawberry daiquiries (non-alcoholic), $2 root beer and orange floats, and some snacks can be purchased as well. A popcorn machine with a cute Cranky Monkey offers free popcorn all day. There is also a game room that has a pool table, ping pong table, and some arcade games. The office sells t-shirts, sweatshirts, and sweatpants, and also offers a computer/printer. Mariner's is located on the south end of Fort Myers Beach away from Times Square and the tourist traffic, closer to Bonita Beach. It is about a 5-10 minute ride to get to Times Square, but it's much easier to get off the island going through Bonita Beach rather than deal with the high season traffic to get over the bridge! Overall, this was a cute place with the feeling of living on a boat without the cramped style. I recommend!

Room Tip: All rooms are good - all rooms face the ocean! The elevator can take a while even to go from the thi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Leesburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I would not recommend using Mariner's Boathouse as an exchange destination if you are accustomed to upgraded or new, modern accommodations. The resort is old...28 years old, and it appears that updates have been few and far between. I used 3500 points to exchange to this resort and was somewhat shocked when we arrived. Let me say the place is fairly clean, most of the staff friendly, the view is the one thing that stands out as does the quiet, peaceful atmosphere. To get to the peaceful, clean and pretty beach, you must wade across a narrow strand of sand to get to the main beach, not a big deal, and worth the effort , if beach combing is something you like to do. Shell collecting is pretty good here. There is a small but nice pool and a hot tub area. Beach chairs and chaises are sufficient, there is a beach bar where non- alcoholic drinks are made. Some days the staff makes tacos, popcorn, ice cream sundaes etc for purchase. You can add your own spirits to the frozen virgin drinks they sell for a dollar. In the area close to the resort, there are restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations...very convenient and useful. They do have high speed Internet with no charges and that is a plus. But that is pretty much all the good stuff. The interior of the unit we had...103, was really shop worn. There is one very dark, gloomy bedroom and a small bath close by. Since the design of the room is as you are on a ship the kitchen is galley like, ours had old appliances, the ice maker did not work but there was an ice machine nearby. The stove was rather old fashioned, the pots and pans well worn, dishes and silverware were ok. Smack in the middle of the kitchen, off to the right are two bunkbeds. I cannot imagine any child older than 7 or 8 sleeping comfortably in these beds, they are quite small with very little space to move about. The living room, that has the spectacular ocean view is next, there is a nice screened lanai for great sunset views, the furniture, in nautical themes is worn as well. A larger bath is off the living room. It is in no way modern. The really annoying thing is that there is no maid service offered even if you would be willing to pay for a towel exchange. You must wash the towels in the laundry room they offer. Bring detergent if you don't want to buy theirs. They provide only six towel sets and if you shower more often you will have to wash your allotment, perhaps more than once. Not my idea of a vacation. There is a book called the Captain's Log and in it one can find "the rules". I have stayed in timeshare exchanges for over 20 years and never have we been threatened with so many fines. There are the usual fines for destroying property, I understand all that but there are fines upon fines if you are late checking out, want photos of any damages they accuse you of making and you are required to put up a $ 100 dollar deposit upon check in. No place we have ever stayed was in this condition and threatened so many fines if the rules were not observed. I was honestly fearful that we would break a glass or cup in our daily routine of making a light breakfast. All in all I do not recommend this place if you have stayed in newer, posh, well cared for locations and 3500 points was way too much of a requirement to exchange here. We will not return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mariner Boathouse Beach Resort? Share your experiences!