“...Wait, are you serious?” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Nervous Nellie's and Ugly's is Fort Myers Beach's best waterfront restaurant. Featuring fresh seafood, steaks and and the largest selection of sandwiches, Nervous Nellie's is great for large groups or that special occasion. Live entertainment, concerts,and table side magic, add to the fun atmosphere you will find here. Don't forget happy hour all day everyday at Ugly's waterside bar located above the main restaurant.
Minneapolis, MN
“...Wait, are you serious?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I went here when it first opened a few years ago and the service was absolutely HORRIBLE. We figured that it was just opening week glitches that made the experience so deplorable, and decided to give Nervous Nellies another try in good faith.

...Well, we would have been better off to stay away and just eat elsewhere. There was no wait to get in, but once seated it took our server a half hour just to take our drink and app orders. We told him we were ready to order food (our daughter was already crabby) and he cut my husband off and told him he would be back shortly to take main course orders. Shortly came and went with no sign of our waiter, or our drinks and appetizer. When he did come back to take main course orders, he was sweating and stank of cigarettes. And still didn't bring our app and drinks. Now that I think of it, we didn't even have water at the table, and had been sitting there far over an hour.
Another server finally brought our appetizer and drinks, which were lousy and over priced.
Main courses showed up thirty seconds later...well with the exception of mine. In fact, mine NEVER came. I didn't get a chance to even complain to our waiter, because he completely DISAPPEARED after my daughter and husband's food came. We didn't see him again at all. Another server finally materialized, I complained, got a rude "our kitchen is very backed up. Thanks for being patient". They took my food off of the bill (since I never got it) but never offered any kind of an apology or any general contriteness at all. We went back to our hotel and I ordered delivery from a local sandwich shop. Needless to say, this place will not ever have our business again, and we will make sure others know and avoid wasting their time as well.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Fayetteville, New York
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We sat outside and had a great meal! The menu is extensive and the service was great! Beautiful view of the bay! Definitely will go back again!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, MI
“All Around Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We ate dinner here our first night in Fort Myers Beach. There was a band upstairs and it was packed, so we sat out on the porch. They had heaters on to combat the January cold snap. I forget what it was called, but we started by sharing a huge drink-for-two. Pretty good - and you could taste the alcohol! They have a really big menu - probably a bit too big because nothing we ate stood out as being amazing, but the portions were HUGE and the food was nicely presented. We had the fried alligator appetizer, which was too tough and chewy for me, but my husband liked it. For dinner, he had the lobster roll and I had the BBQ Wombo Combo (the BBQ shrimp was especially good). We were way too stuffed to try dessert. Our server was great and the restaurant had a really nice marina view. Definitely a fun place.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Fun Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We love riding our motorcycles here, great parking for bikers and food is pretty good, some things better than other. Beer is always cold.

Fort Myers
“nice views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

large selection of decent food.. But sometimes the fried food is stuck together...