“SUPER LOCATION!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Venice, Florida
“SUPER LOCATION!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Directly across from Lovers Key State Park and near where Estero Bay Tours puts their kayaks in, this resort was ideally situated for us. Our balcony overlooked the estuary - which was fabulous! Plus our room (602) is on the East side, so we sat on the balcony and had a delightful dinner (the kitchen was well supplied - bring coffee filters) without the heat of the afternoon/evening sun. Our bed was comfy, and there were lots of pillows. The TV is a bit old and far from HD, but we didn't really come to watch TV. There is a pool on site - we didn't use it; and a bar downstairs, too...but we brought our own wine. There's a Publix not too far away for supplies. We stayed until 5 the second day (tired from our kayak bay tour) for only $29. We would definitely stay here again.
PS: Ladies - there is a hairdryer and small bottle of shampoo/conditioner, but I really wish I had my own stuff. My hair felt dry after my shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I took a long weekend vacation over the July4th weekend and stayed at Lovers Key Resort. Our stay very relaxing and we enjoyed the resort very much. The staff was very helpful and accommodating with any request we had and always willing to assist with whatever our need may be. We had a corner room on the 4th floor and loved the view. I could lay in bed and watch the sun some up over the water...it was spectacular. For the price the room was nice. Flippers, the restaurant at the resort, has covered outdoor seating on the water. The breakfast that came with the room was really good and our service was outstanding. In the evening we enjoyed relaxing with a drink and some calamari by the water. All in all our experience with this property was very favorable.

Room Tip: I would request a corner room that faces the water, otherwise it looked like your view would be a pa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at this resort from June 24th - 26th. When we checked in the guy at the front desk was very welcoming and polite. He gave us all the info we needed to know. The suite was excellent!!! We were on the 4th floor and had a decent view of the water.This hotel is a perfect getaway for couples. It was very romantic. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast from Flippers on the Bay. They gave good portion sizes which was filling. The only issue I had was with one of the waitresses. She is a young blonde lady and she was very short with me over the phone when I ordered our breakfast. When I went to pick up the food, she was even shorter with me in person and seemed to be rushing me out. I could see if it were busy and she was just trying to get to the next customer but it was only three people in the restaurant me being the third person. On the next day I ordered breakfast with an older lady and she was very pleasant over the phone and in person. When we checked out the same young lady was at the front desk and she was short with me again. I told her what room I was checking out of and she took our room keys and said "Ok". No "have a nice day or thank you for staying with us" just "ok". She didn't give me eye contact just took the keys and kept typing. There were no other guest there waiting and there were two other hotel staff at the front desk working so she was not in a rush to get to other guests so I didn't understand her shortness with me. I even had to ask her: "Is that all, do I have to sign anything?" She just said "you're good" still without eye contact and very dismissive. I felt like this young lady had something against me personally because I was very pleasant with her. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble but I think it is very unprofessional to work in a service related industry and not be polite to paying customers. With that young lady's rudeness she will definitely cost the resort future business because most people will not want to come back to a hotel with rude staff members. Other than the rude young lady we had a great time and that won't keep us from staying here in the future. It is a very nice hotel and very relaxing. But if I do stay here in the future I hope the staff members will be polite to paying customers otherwise I will never stay there again.

sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from this resort. We went there to celebrate our 29th anniversary. This resort is faboulous. I must admit that I was a little skeptical from some of the rviews that have been posted on this site. All I can say is that I don't know where those people were staying at but this resort is fantatic. The staff are so friendly, the view is extraordinary. We were in room 905 could not have asked for a better unit. Extremely clean and nicely decorated and I cannot save enough abut the view. Our rate included daily breakfast at Flippers. The potatoes are awesome! If you are a Florida resident take advantage of the special rates they currenlty have. You will not be disappointed. We had such a fantastic time, we hated to leave, but we are already lanning on when we can return.

I will definitely recommend this resort to all of my clients. It is a fantastic resort.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room on the 5th floor or higher for the best view.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Very good service. Large clean suite with a full kitchen. Complimentary sit down breakfast at on site Flippers restaurant was very good loved the potatoes. I would have given a review of all 5's if it were not for the view. The resort was no where near full, but we received a 2nd floor unit with a lovely view of the parking lot to the right and the boat dock straight ahead. We could still look out at the bay, but a better view would have been appreciated. At check out time I was told I got that room because I purchased and received a good rate through Living Social.

• Stayed June 2013
Jeff615, General Manager at Lovers Key Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Janie 624,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for staying at Lovers Key Resort. We're glad you were able to join us on the Living Social offer and apologize that a higher floor wasn't made available to you during your stay. We should have explained upon your arrival that the top floors may be available with the special offer at a slightly higher rate. (This is also how our room categories are arranged and sold on our website.) We hope you'll come back to visit and will be able to enjoy the view from a higher floor.
I'll also share your comments about the breakfast with the Chef. He loves to hear positive comments about his food!
Thanks again,
Jeff Bullock
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just spent the most awesome weekend at Lovers Key Resort... This place is truly amazing! The location is beautiful, the rooms are spectacular, and the service is five star! Every staff member, from housekeeping to front desk, greeted you with a smile and wanted to make sure your stay was as comfortable as could be. After we parked the car, we never left until check-out, thanks to Flippers on the Bay. The restaurant is situated on the bay, next to the pool. It is an amazing place to eat, relax and have a few cocktails. The food was great and the service couldn’t get any better, as we watched the staff work together to take care of a huge breakfast & lunch crowd, quickly followed by a busy dinner hour. The restaurant manager was a pleasure to meet, as he traveled to each table guaranteeing every patron was satisfied with the food & service and getting to know his customers. We will definitely return in the near future, looking forward to staying in paradise once again!

Room Tip: Room 1105 ROCKED - its a corner unit, full bay view, as well as the Gulf. Best of all, an unobstruct...
Dear Diane L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Lovers Key Resort and are so glad that you found a little PARADISE on our island!
We also take great pride in Flippers on the Bay and are happy that you enjoyed your meals there as well.
Again, thank you for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Jeff Bullock
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a great time here. My husband suprised me with a massage and she came right to our room.
Ellie Sandler is a great therapist and a great asset to Lovers Key.
Flippers had great service and even better food.
You can't ask for a better view of the water.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lovers Key Resort? Share your experiences!