“Classic Florida at it's best!” 5 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Sunset Hills, Missouri
“Classic Florida at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

My wife and I were attending a destination wedding in Fort Meyers and needed an inexpensive room for one night. This place was perfect and a lot of fun!

We got down there early and had time to relax by the pool with some cocktails. It was great, the tiki bar is fun, the service was excellent and it was exactly what we needed after a long trip.

The rooms were old, but very comfortable. We just needed a place to crash so we didn't mind. There was a stove in the room and microwave, so if we were staying for an extended period of time then that would have been nice to have.

Oh, and if you find yourself hungry at 3am like us, there is a McD's down the street, but there is an awesome Roast Beef sandwich place across the street from the McD's, which I got out of their drive thru to eat at! Still dream of that sandwich.

Fun trip!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

Have been here 7 times since 2000. Great location for not being on the beach since it's across from Times Square. I've been frustrated though since the two beautiful pools are never warm even though they're advertised as heated. Sports fans will look past this by visiting the Tiki Bar which broadcasts every Sunday football game on a different TV. While I appreciate this, and it's one of the best parties on The Beach, Sunday only comes once a week. Other sports games are often hard to see due to static since they seem to splice everything to individual rooms. I've been mostly frustrated that the rooms are often dusty with cobwebs. I've had many good times at this hotel, but have come to expect a little more since I'm not in my twenties anymore.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

When me and my wife stayed here last week the maid stole $190 out of her wallet. I should mention also that the wallet was in her purse which was in her suitcase. So its not like it was just laying there on the dresser, the maid went through a lot of trouble to get it. When we complained at the front desk they said that they would talk to the person in charge of the maids and they would get back to us. Well they never did, and i soon realized that the whole staff must be in on this scam, which would explain why they dont have safes in the rooms. This same con has most likely been going on for years, and the lady at the fron desk had the balls to tell me this was the first time its ever happened. This hotel is great if you love vanishing money, filthy rooms, and sleepless nights due to loud music all night. I on the other hand, will try my luck elsewhere next time i visit Ft. Myers.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dayton Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Lighthouse in July for 5 nights, our third time staying there. We were in the back by the pool with the waterfall, which is exactly where we wanted to be, nice porch to hang out on. The only problem was the rowdy people in the pool until 3 in the morning, there should definitely be limits on how late in the evening people can be partying in the pool. I went out one night and told the people there were other people who would like to get a night's sleep, and they calmed down...a little. They don't have pool lights in that pool, and they should have some kind of security to come around a night to see what people are up to. I like to have fun as well as well as anybody else, but I respect other people enough to not keep the whole place awake all hours of the night. The Tiki bar was a good place for a cold beer or a bite to eat, beach and shops nearby.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We decided to have a family beach weekend 2 weeks before our kids (ages 8 and 3) went back to school. We found the Lighthouse online, and booked the 2 room suite since our children go to bed pretty early and we wanted to be able to relax after they went to bed at night. We checked into our room at 3pm on Friday. The weather outside was in the high 90's and the AC in the room was NOT on. It wasn't until the next morning until it was at a bearable temperature, where it remained for the duration of our trip. The rooms were a generous size, and the bathrooms very nice and well appointed. Unfortunately, we didn't closely read the description of how the kitchenette was set up, so be aware that there is no oven (although there is a 2 burner stove TOP) and a microwave.

Although the furnishings were bit dated, we were satisfied with them. Yes, the floor was easily dirty-this is a beach community after all! The beds were comfortable and towels, toiletries, and cleaning services beyond satisfying. My ONE and ONLY complaint (besides the AC) is that the Tiki Bar IS very loud. We were in room 624-so we were 3 stories above the Bar, but EVERY night it was very loud. Friday night (VERY bad karaoke), Saturday night band (that played well beyond 2 am), and Sunday night music. We left on Monday afternoon, so I have no clue if loud music until the wee hours of the morning was normal or not for this hotel. The first night our children were in the bedroom closest to the Tiki Bar but we had to move them to the back room after a couple of hours of them being awakened by loud music and voices.

We like parties as much as many people, but we also relish our sleep and being kept awake past 2am every night we were here did not make for a relaxing stay.

Beyond the loud music, we really like this place. It is in a perfect location-all we had to do in the morning was walk across the street and we were on the beach. The free wireless internet worked for our laptops in our room. We highly recommend eating at "The Beached Whale"-great Happy Hour specials between 3 and 6 pm. I'd return if I didn't have small children, or if they had a "curfew" for their Tiki Bar music. The a/c did NOT drown out the noise like others have mentioned...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Took my family (wife, son, daughter and friend) to a baseball tournament in Fort Myers. Needed a place for my daughter and girl friend to hang out while I was at the games. Lighthouse Resort & Suites is located in the heart of Fort Myers Beach. It is right across the street from the beach and located perfectly for shops and restaurants. It has been remodeled in the last six months and was perfect. Has a Key West flavoring with a Tiki Bar with live music. Front office staff was friendly and very helpful. Can not beat it for the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ipswich, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

The Bar was fun and full of skanky characters. The air around the place always smelled of septic. The room was ok adirty and dated, microwave was all rust, the porch in front of the room was great. The proximity to the beach was perfect. If I had to pay more than $80 I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!