“The Tiki Bar is Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Joscasta
“The Tiki Bar is Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I love this hotel. Its just a great place to stay, the staff were really nice, both at the front desk and at the Tiki Bar. We choose this place for one simple reason, it was the only place on the entire beach that has Pabst Blue Ribbon in a bottle rather than a can. The room was really kinda small, the only major complaint for our room is that you have to open the door of the bathroom to get into the shower stall since the shower door there was really awkward, and didn't give you a lot of move to get around. Having 2 pools was nice, however the one with the waterfall is heated, and a bit bigger than the other one. We didn't have to deal with parking at this hotel at all due to the trolley that stops right in front of the hotel that goes to the park'n'ride where you can grab a bus to and from the airport, for a total fare of $1.75 (50 cents for the trolley, 1.25 for the bus) to make this a steal for getting around. Location is great right near times square and the public beach. Have already made plans to book this place again for next year!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

The place looked quaint, but when you opened the door it was another story. The furniture was well worn, as was the linen, towels and bedding. Let's not talk about the lumps in the mattress. The shower had a film of sand and tanning oil in it.

The room had a street light outside which cast a glare through the shades. We had to cover with it with towels.

We had reguested a non-smoking room. The room had odor of cigarette smell. The kind of smell that comes with heavy use. Oh well, it is just one night. In the morning the cleaning ladies were sitting by the pool smoking.

When we got our credit-card statement, they had charged an extra $52.00 for smoking in the room. When I called and explained that I had asthma and did not smoke, the lady said, "lots of people who smoke had asthma!"

I am still mad.

Stayed June 2007
OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

My husand myself and 2 of our sons ages 20 & 26 just wanted to see Ft.Myers Beach. I found Light house resort in a coupon book,what a great price !! We loved our stay form start to finish.The Ladies that checked us in were so kind and friendly !! The room was large and clean .. loved the kitchen. We sat out on the veranda and listened to the entertainment from the tiki bar .As well as the view ..The tiki bar also had great food at good prices ! we really enjoyed our stay !!! We will be back ... we loved our stay.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Stayed Friday, Saturday & Sunday after Thanksgiving. The tourists were somewhere else, so the area was fairly quiet. the "Tiki Bar" is a local favorite, but the crowd was friendly and well behaved. Get your parking space by 5 pm on the weekend, and walk to dinner, or eat at the hotel (parking is limited, but free) Close to the beach, shopping, and restaurants.
We had a Wonderful room, newly remodeled (luck of the draw?). Beuatiful balcony/patio; 3rd floor overlooking the waterfall pool; Lovely landscaping, and well kept (please see the pictures !). Nice kithcen; The music from the bar was "noticible", but at acceptable volume. Other reviews had complained about this and a few other things... We had no problems with the room, house keeping, cleanliness, insects, parking, crime, billing, or noise... :) THIS is NOT the "Ritz" ... Expect a nice room at a reasonable price, and you're at the right place. We felt it was MORE than that, but we've traveled "out of Country" before, so we were Pleased! (everything worked !)

• Liked — Beautiful setting; Convienient location; Nice price; User friendly
  • Disliked — Key-lock doors; Surrounding area looks
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brooklyn Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

We just got back from a 3 night stay at the Lighthouse and after reading the reviews, I went in with low expectations. We arrived at the hotel very early but they said they would get us in at 1pm, we lazed by the pool area which was clean and beautifully landscaped. From the reviews, I knew that we didn't want to be too close to the tiki bar (light sleeper) so when they placed us in 136 I was disappointed as it backs up to the bar. The room is also one of the only ones that doesn't have a balcony or terrace. I called into the office and offered to pay more for a bigger room if necessary. Instead, Nicole and Colleen upgraded us to a room on the 3 floor with 2 balconies and ocean views. I recommend the 500-600 blocks of rooms, 620 was quiet and it's corner location next to the elevator makes it one of the best in the hotel.

The hotel has offers 2 pools, one with a waterfall, beautiful landscaping and a quaint outdoor veranda with a borrowing library, a great spot to curl up and read. The open air Tiki bar draws local and tourists alike. They have entertainment, dancing, food and great drink prices

The hotel is very conveniently located right next to the main shopping and dining area, Times Square, and just a 4 minute walk to the beach. We chose not to rent a car, we were planning on just kicking back and most everything you'll need is in an easy walk. Be warned though, taxi rates are brutal. $40 to go to Sanibel and $50 each way to the airport. If you do bring a car Lighthouse offers free parking on site.

As to the room cleanliness issue, we found that our room was pretty clean except for the carpet. The hotel does offer daily service which many hotels in this price range do not. The carpet was not a big deal to us, but black carpeting at the beach may not be such a good idea. Ft. Myers boasts the softest sand you'll find anywhere, it's like stepping in cool baby powder, it's natural that it tracks around. Bring slippers. Towels, sheets and appliances were very clean. The bathroom was spotless and large.

For the price paid, you cannot beat this friendly and unique hotel. I'm an avid traveler, and I've stayed at super luxe resorts and some scary slasher flick ready motels, The lighthouse is one of my favorites now and I wouldn't hesitate to choose it over the more expensive Ft. Myers options.

• Liked — Location and Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — The carpet
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cape Coral, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

First of all, I was very thankful for this trip, it was a gift. If I would have paid for this stay I would have been pretty upset. Parking next to impossible, if you have a large vehicle, you better park on the street and pay the meter! Now to the room, very dirty! The chairs had glitter all over them...possibly from a batchelor party?? I really don't want to know, the bathroom had hair all over it and the towels were stained. We stayed 3 nights, the last night I made dinner in. The provided utencils were disgusting, we had to wash everything before we used them. I will enclose a photo of a spoon that was in the drawer! It was always very noisey, traffic and loud music, I don't reccomend this place if you want a nice quiet time on the beach. It might be great for young single people, I'm 30 and it was a bit too much for me. I live local and I know for the money you CAN get a better stay for your money, just look around.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Went to the Lighthouse on Sept 27 to Oct 3. My stay was beyond fabulous and I am somewhat of a picky traveler. My accommodations were clean and large (302) with very large balconies overlooking a waterfall pool.

The Bartenders (Trish, Kathy, Tracy), front desk personnel (Gail) and even security (Stretch) were pleasant and a blast to be around. I just cannot say enough about the personnel at the Lighthouse who made our trip enjoyable and memorable!!! The Tiki bar was friendly and fun, often this was our first stop out at night and our last stop in.

Fort Meyers Beach was pleasant with Times Square within walking distance. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants and entertainment areas. You can also grab the trolley for 25 cents and view the entire Island or for a run to the local Publix for food shopping. We took it to Lovers Key one day and spent the day at that beach for a quarter each way…can’t beat that! There really is no need for a car if you are staying at the Lighthouse.

Most times when I am on vacation I am itching to get home come the last day or two, not here, I never wanted to leave. I truly enjoyed being at Fort Meyers during off season as it gives you a chance to get to know many of the individuals who live and work on the Island. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Dodie and Dennis

Stayed October 2008

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!