“Loud, outdated, misleading and dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Loud, outdated, misleading and dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First impression walking into the room was the overwhelming smell of a pine cleaner that would not go away and broom that was black. Outdated and old furniture with paint chipping from various places. Dirty, bar beyond loud, no sleep. Some staff rude. Cats everywhere with odor of urine if the wind blows the right way. Housekeeping staff nice, late night hotel front desk clerk rude and could care less and not at all knowlegable about hotel information. Would not go back even if it was free.

Room Tip: Do not stay there. If you must stay far way from Tiki bar which really isn't possible its so lou...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Tub was clogged. Drained slow couch was stained badly and ripped Those two things were not my main issue. The rooms are all above and surrounding the tiki bar that has loud music every night, and it is supposed to be done at 11 but continued until almost midnight every night. I am a young person who likes to drink and loves music, but i went to the lighthouse to relax. But ended up not getting any sleep for the whole week. Deeply disappointed

• Stayed January 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I couldn't believe what I put up with when I just called the hotel to cancel my rooms! I CALLED the hotel back in August to set up 2 rooms. I booked them ON THE PHONE with the front desk. I was NOT told about any cancellation fee for this TERRIBLE 2 STAR hotel when I was on the phone with the lady. When I just called to cancel, I was advised BY THE MANAGER that it was made over the internet. Well, it wasn't. I asked a whole bunch of questions to the lady that answered initially when I booked the room and then booked the rooms. (I have worked as Customer Care for a hotel chain before and have heard of front desk employees making reservations on the website rather than the POS... Not anything unheard of!) The Manager absolutely REFUSED to take away the $25 fee. These rooms are booked during Spring Break... It's not like they aren't going to be able to resell the rooms! I was HUNG UP ON while trying to cancel the rooms. I booked them under my fiance's name and the manager said she would do the courtesy for my fiance and not me. She hung up on me 3 different times before I decided to give up and just dispute it with my bank. She also laughed at me when I was trying to speak.

I am SO glad that I'm not staying at this hotel now! Any place that is run by such a RUDE person who doesn't know customer service skills won't get my money. We'll be going to Florida next year for Spring Break and it won't be at this hotel! You'd think they would be nicer to us considering we had TWO rooms booked worth $1,400 each! Ungrateful greedy pricks.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went for one night for my birthday. Got there at 3pm. Was told the room was not ready yet and they would call me when it was ready so we went out for a bite to eat. Came back at 4:30 and the two girls up front struggled to find a room but they did. The 2 girls who checked me in with no doubt gave me the worst check in experience ever. Not an ounce of enthusiasm or personality between them. When I came back at 4:30 I explained I w as the guy who left at 3 and wanted to kn ow if my room was ready yet. No smiles. No I'm sorry you had to wait. Zero anything. She just said I need ur license and a credit card and never even looked at me. Charged my card handed me my keys and said your rooms in the building next door. Food was good. Enjoyed the karaoke ar the tiki bar. Room was just soso..pretty creepy old couch and ceiling fan that clanked like crazy but ok. We had a do not disturb sign and door locked and bolted and the maid walked right in at 830 am and said she showed us already checked out. Won't go back to stay there but will go enjoy the tiki bar. They need to have happy people checking you in. It's sets the stage for everything else. Felt like I was in the food line in a prison lol.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Guilderland, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is across the street from the beach with plenty of restaurants and bars around. The "Times Square" area is also close. They have a very active Tiki bar/restaurant in the main pool area. Live music, karaoke, and plenty of TV's make this the center of the resort. Nice being onsite and had a blast there a few nights. Parking can be tricky but we didn't have a problem. We stayed in a king w/kitchenette around the pool area that could definitely use a remodel. Furniture and coverings super outdated and stained although clean. Room was spacious and bath was clean. Bed was comfortable. Our room had a rear balcony connecting 5 rooms. Nice to open rear door for sun in morn and view of water. Resort is located as you first enter FMB from San Carlos Blvd. so you don't have to deal with "on island" traffic.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Newberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The lighthouse was fantastic to stay at. I wish we had more time to stay and play here. They have a pool with a tiki bar next to it and a pool with a waterfall. The price is moderate but well worth it. The suites are very well taken care of. The beach is just a short walk across the main road and be careful the road is very busy.

Stayed December 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

Great place to stay if you are wanting to be close to the beach. They also have their own swimming pool, bar and food! Brightly colored it reminds me of Dr. Suess and they have live music as well. Within walking distance to the beach and shops, with parking, even some individual cottages. I really enjoyed my stay there because i love the availability to the beach and love walking!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!