“Sun, pool and beach in one location” 5 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Cape Coral, Florida
“Sun, pool and beach in one location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great place to stay if you are wanting to be close to the beach. They also have their own swimming pool, bar and food! Brightly colored it reminds me of Dr. Suess and they have live music as well. Within walking distance to the beach and shops, with parking, even some individual cottages. I really enjoyed my stay there because i love the availability to the beach and love walking!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location with all you need right on site! Tiki Bar, Pool and restaurant all on the property. Fort Myers Beach is across the street as well as other amenities. The staff is friendly and the rooms are quite large. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who usually like a 3-4 star with some character.

I will be back!

Room Tip: Room facing the pool
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ok we're to start with this review !!! Have been to this hotel on many previous occasions and thought I will give it one more go ..... As the location is great and the bar has a nice beach feel about it ... Booked a kingsize room and requested a room on a high floor away from excessive noise .... I got a ground floor room backing on to the pool area !!!!! Not what I had asked for .....the door that opened to the pool area wouldn't close properly so you got all the noise from the waterfall and crowd comming into the room ....the kitchen trash bin hadn't been emptied from the previous guest ....the sofa in the living area I wouldn't sit on as it looked dirty and was old and worn ...the next day the maid serviced the room ... Well all she did was make the bed .. That's all ... Didn't empty any trash bins ... Didn't replace any towels,t.rolls or shampoo ...worst housekeeping I have ever encountered .... Food served in the tiki bar was good and the staff friendly ... But why have security staff serving tables !!! On my second night I was kept awake until 4.30am with people drinking above me in the suite above ... Quite time in the hotel is between 11pm to 7am ... The office was closed and the was no one around to complain to ... We're the security was I don't know ... That was the final straw for me I left the hotel at 5.30am to return to orlando ....
To sum up this hotel looks great from the outside .... But sorry to say inside its a can of worms inside !!!!!!
There are better hotels out there for the price ...

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Riverside, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We rented three suites at the Lighthouse, while appearing clean, two of them needed major updating. The shower doors were rusted and rotted, the shower fixtures need to be changed out, and the rooms need fresh paint. The bathroom doors in two of the rooms were like shutters, not providing enough privacy. Two of the rooms didn't have televisions in the bedroom areas, and the TV in the living area was old and fuzzy.The beds were comfortable, the balcony overlooking the pool was great and the location is great. Within walking distance to great restaurants, bars and the beach. The pool and tiki areas were very busy. They offer great food at decent prices, but they really need waitstaff. Ordering at the bar and having the security guys wander around with the food to find the owners doesn't make much sense. It was busy enough to warrant waitstaff. They provided nightly entertainment, which was fun, but loud until late at night. It didn't bother us much, but it did bother are companions. I would reccomend the hotel for people who aren't planning on spending much time in the room.

• Stayed November 2014
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed on a Saturday night after returning from Key West on the boat. The parking lot and surrounding parking spaces were all taken with people at the Tiki hut. Very crowded and inconvenient. Relatively noisy tell about 2 AM when the bar shut down. I think the gal at the desk would have rather been at the Tiki bar then working – not very pleasant. I would find a different place to stay next time.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here get a room far away from the Tiki hut
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked our room 5 months in advance for a King Suite. Got to the hotel and said we had been upgraded. Thought OH Good, well not Oh Good. The out side was very nice. Had a bedroom, kitchenette, living area. The couch looked to be 30 years old it was so nasty and warn I would not want to sleep on it and did not want to sit on it even.. The fan in the bedroom made such a clanking noise we could not use it the first night so the next day my husband fixed it so we could use it. I had went back to the desk after we got in and told the girl I did not like it but she said that's was all they had they were busy. Husband tried to cut a sandwich in half and the knife was so dull he just had to pull it apart. Was not the cleanest. One dresser drew was falling out and got it back together and in, so we didn't bump into it and get hurt. The servers at the bar and for food were very nice. The food was very good and the grounds were very pretty. The girl at the desk was very unfriendly and didn't care at all, she asked if we had a good time and again mentioned the room being so bad and she said Oh Well. Oh Well we won't go back.

Room Tip: Do not get a cottage suite.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Lake Orion, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Went down in October with some friends for our birthday week. I had never stayed at the Lighthouse but they had. I really liked it! The grounds were clean, the pool was clean, our room was clean. We had a room with a kitchen and that was great to have. The Tiki bar was an awesome bonus! It was on the property.....the people were very nice and it was a great place to watch football on Sunday during their tailgating extravaganza! The only problem I had and I am hoping they correct it was the lighting for the parking was VERY BRIGHT and instead of just shining on the lot it shined on the building right in our window! I understand why they had it that way, and we found a way around it but hopefully that will be taken care of or I will stay in a different room. They were in the process of upgrading some rooms.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!