“Great Place For A Two Day Get Away” 4 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
St. Petersburg, Fl
“Great Place For A Two Day Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Room was good size and very clean. Bed was comfortable.
Close to some great restaurants , beautiful beaches and a great pier,
all within walking distant. They have two swimming pools
and a great bar with food, enjoyed breakfast

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Sherwood Park, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Location is great! Service was fantastic. Pools were perfect.

Pros:
Service was great. The front desk ran out of quarters for laundry and the front desk lady gave me money out of her own purse. She didn't even ask for any money in return. I did come back later and give her the money back. Our fridge was broken so they brought us a brand new one. Our tap was hard to turn on so they put in a new one. Everyone was very friendly. The beach is across the road which is very convenient, especially for the price of the hotel, very affordable.

Cons:
Office closes at 11 p.m., so late check-ins have to read a map at the front door which shows their room # and the room is left open with keys in the room. When we arrived, we had dirty sheets and no one to contact because the office was closed. At 4 a.m. security leaves and the locals who have been drinking all night come and use the pool because it is not locked. Locals will even come and use the pool during the day. The pull out coach was also very old with an old spring mattress where the springs were shooting through, not the best sleeping arrangement for our son. We were situated far from the front office so our Wi-Fi didn't work at all.

Overall, this hotel could use a good cleaning, upgraded locking, 24 hour service and security.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgraded rooms that do not have carpet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ridge Manor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed at Lighthouse 13 years ago on a trip to Key West. Did it again end of June, 2014, and found it was every bit as enjoyable as it was in 2001, only better, as it's been upgraded/renovated. We took the Key West Express High Speed boat out of Ft. Myers on Mon AM, so stayed @ Lighthouse Sun. nite. Returned from KW the following Fri evening, spent @ Lighthouse. Ate/drank each stay at their restaurant, great food/service. Their breakfast omelette was most tasty!!! All staff from ck in to ck out, restaurant and in between were superb. Fri nite we were near back pool (they have 2) on second floor. .. . very pretty,and quiet. Highly recommend. Great part of staying here is that Lighthouse is on one side of the bridge and the Key West High Speed Boat is at the other end of the bridge. . . . an "easy do". You leave the Lighthouse, drive across bridge, turn right, go a few blocks on Main St. to boat. Large, safe parking lot for while you are in Key West . . . . only way to go. . . beats driving!!!

Room Tip: We were in a back bldg. 13 yrs ago. . . . .Sun in a second floor room near front part of resort over...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I didnt pay enough attention to detail. I thought this property was on the beach. WRONG. You have to cross 2 streets to get to beach. It advertised a deck to view the sunsets. I have yet to find that. And to top it all off I had to check out late saturday night 11 pm. We had to give the room keys to the barback since the office wasnt open. I noticed that I had an additional 100 dollar charge on my credit card monday. When I asked about this they informed me that the sheets were burnt and I was smoking in room. As you can well see from all ofn my reviews I have never had this come up and I live in hotels 300 days a year. Further more I had a stroke in january and have been on chantix for 3 months. I guess I shouldnt have left the keys with the barback but I was assured that he would take care of it. Maybe the room got used after I left at 11 pm. I have filed a dispute with my bank and await the outcome since I didnt authorize the 100 dollar charge. Also the bar noise is awful in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We are locals and have stayed here many, many times and always enjoyed it. Our last visit was over the July 4th weekend. When I arrived at 3 to check in the resort was already crazy busy, other people had arrived very early (9:30 a.m.) and had been asking to check in. The staff was doing it's best to accomodate everyone. I spoke with Colleen, who was still smiling and extremely pleasant. My room was not ready but she took my number and gave me a call when it was. Our room had been upgraded, with no extra charge to us. It was beautiful, clean, cold A/C and very comfortable. Our room had a balcony that overlooked the back pool, but it was not loud. The staff was always polite and cleaning constantly to keep the property nice! We are early risers and each morning we saw the pool water being tested and pool deck being cleaned. The property was sold out/ at full occupancy but still a great time was had by all!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
lake placid
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

From the girl at the front desk when I checked in to the bartender at the tiki bar, there were all very rude. I was told to get ice from the tiki bar and so I sent my son and she told him she would not get ice for him all day that he needed to go and find something to do. The bed was horrible and the pillows even worse. Pool area way too small for that large a place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LighthouseMgr, General Manager at Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I have contacted this guest directly, The issues listed are not acceptable, we will be working to correct these issues immediately.

Brian Roessler
Lighthouse Resort
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Let me start by saying that I have been a travel agent for 18 years and this particular stay was our 12th time staying here, so it was not always bad. Long story short, the room was not ready so we went to the waterfall pool, the pool had cups, straws and debris floating in it. It was disgusting. When our room was ready, we decided to go eat an early dinner first, be arrived back at the hotel about 6 pm. On the way up to the room, there were overflowing big garbage bins in the hallway. We walked in the room and the kitchen was filthy, nothing had been cleaned and dried food on the mini stove, fridge was very dirty, there was even garbage in the garbage can, the bathroom smelled like day old urine, dust an inch thick on all the lights, dead bugs on the floor in the bedroom. We were disgusted, I called to the front desk and complained and advised we were checking out and required a refund. Never once offered an apology or to switch rooms. We turned the keys in and left. This was May 18th and finally received our refund June 20th....a month???? I even sent an email to the Manager stating my personal and business history with the hotel and also explained my disappointment. Never received a response...I sent the email twice. It is a shame with all the competition with other properties on the island and the Management staff could not even acknowledge my email.... Note to self.....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Brian Roessler
Lighthouse Resort

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!