“Nice Resort in a Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #34 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice Resort in a Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I liked this resort very much. Having never been to Fort Meyers before, this resort was in the perfect location and just a short walk away from Times Square, a collection of
restaurants, bars and shops. We enjoyed the hotel with the pastel colored buildings and palm
trees all around. The Tiki Bar, located in the center of the resort, had entertainment every night, either live performers or a DJ. and had drink specials and half-off on Monday nights. Lots of locals hang out at the bar and we had a good time there just about every night. We rented a "Deluxe Studio Suite" which was adequate for the two of us but was alot smaller than the pictures represented. There was a full size refrigerator, small stove, equipped kitchen. Outside the suites was a walkway around the floor with tables and chairs so you could sit outside and view the pool and Tiki bar - very nice in the morning to sit and drink your coffee, and also at night. We will definitely return to this resort in the future because of its location to restaurants, bars, and shoppes but will opt for a larger suite.

Room Tip: We liked the location of the suite facing the pool and Tiki bar.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Morristown, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The title says it all. Dirty, loud, and located next to the bridge exiting the Island. Kinda like a truck stop with scummy "TIKI" bar, I would not dare try the food. Dirty ashtrays and overflowing garbage cans outside the rooms. Probably catch a disease if you go in the pool. Front desk is pleasant and inside the room not as bad as the outside.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LighthouseMgr, General Manager at Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Sorry our hotel was not what you expected. I have no excuse for garbage cans outside along the walkways being full other than there must have been a lot of people using the trash cans. They are emptied by staff every morning and afternoon, and in the evening if a staff member sees them full. Our Tiki Bar is a very Popular place with live entertainment. Its meant to be a destination, a place to have fun, but not necessarily for everyone. But there is great food, and drinks and daily specials that have people coming from all over.
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Good location everything close by, beach, bars, restaurants, shops. The hotels facilities were all close to each other, reception(very helpful staff), pools, tiki bar. The room was well equipped with all that you would need for your stay. Unfortunately our "cottage" was overlooked by a flyover just 15metres away and the blinds on the windows and door did not stop the bright lights filling the room. Answer blackout curtains, apart from that, very nice value for money place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Just spent three nights here in late April. First time here, got a two bedroom suite over looking the back of the Tiki Bar with a buddy. Room was very clean, one bedroom has its own shower, bathroom and sink. Love the colorful painting scheme of all their buildings, very much like Key West, lots of Palm Trees on the grounds. Has a very busy Tiki Bar, especially around Happy Hour. It is the spot to be. Not many places you can go now to enjoy a cigar at the bar later in the evenings after the crowds wind down. Would I stay here again... Definitely.

Room Tip: If you want in more quiet, like to get to sleep by 10:00, ask for a room away from the Tiki Bar area...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Danielson, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The location is awesome! Everything is within walking distance & the beach just a block away. The rooms are fully equipped, clean, and reasonably priced. Front desk manager was so nice! Plenty of room at the pool and one has a waterfall for the kids. Must check out the tiki bar during your stay. The live music is great & the atmosphere relaxing. We could hear music from our room so if that would bother you just ask for room away from tiki bar. The tiki bar seems to be where the locals hang. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room that overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
New Castle, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We only stayed in Fort Myers for one night before catching the Key West express and tried to find a reasonable priced hotel on the beach which was very difficult. The price was right for this hotel and it was one block from the beach. The outdoor areas of the resort were beautiful and I loved the colorful buildings. However, the inside was definitely outdated. With that said, I didn't go to Florida to be inside and the hotel was clean so I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've stayed here several times over the past couple of years and each time it gets worse. I reserved a room last Fall for this trip. I requested a specific room because the closer you are to the Teki Bar, the more noise you're going to have to deal with at 1a.m. as people are leaving the bar. I was told to reserve the room online (in the note section) and then call the office to make sure everthing was set. I did exactly what I was told and they told me I was good to go for our March trip. When I made a trip down, back in January, I decided to double check my reservation in person. I was told they don't take room requests. I told the clerk that's not what I was told. I showed her a copy of my email and all she had to say was, "sorry, we had two families that booked and they wanted room next to each other, so we had to move you." I was now in a room where I enjoyed everyone coming out of the bar, every night, at 1a.m.

As if this wasn't enough, we had NO hot water for a week. When I went to the office to let them know, I was told the hotel was booked solid and there wasn't anything they could do. After the second day of no hot water, I asked for some kind of compensation to my room. I was told they don't give room discounts, and was given two breakfast coupons to their tiki bar resturant. On the third day, I was told a manager would contact me, and the only thing they could do for me was to move me to a different room each night for the remainder of my stay. We were never contacted by a manager and gave up trying. We tried our shower at all different times of the day...early morning, dinner time, after 11p.m....and we never had hot water!

To add icing to the trip, the electrical outlets in the vanity area didn't work, so we had to use the outlets in the kitchen area in order to blow dry our hair...and our room was cleaned for four days of our trip, including taking out our trash or making our beds.

I've emailed the hotel and haven't received a response, which doesn't surprise me, considering they already have my full payment. The only good thing about the hotel is the location. The rooms are dated, the curtains over the widows hang half way off because they're missing clips, the refrigerator is old and rusty, the sliding window doesn't lock properly, and the staff will smile and welcome you, but once you let them know something might be wrong...they'll give you excuses and not much more.

Needless to say, we were happy to get home and get hot showers after a week of roughing it on vacation!! We're ready to ditch this place and stay elsewhere....

Room Tip: Room 201 has no hot water...ever! Sliding door doesn't lock and you're right outside their p...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!