“Excellent location & great price” 5 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Danielson, Connecticut
“Excellent location & great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The location is awesome! Everything is within walking distance & the beach just a block away. The rooms are fully equipped, clean, and reasonably priced. Front desk manager was so nice! Plenty of room at the pool and one has a waterfall for the kids. Must check out the tiki bar during your stay. The live music is great & the atmosphere relaxing. We could hear music from our room so if that would bother you just ask for room away from tiki bar. The tiki bar seems to be where the locals hang. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room that overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
New Castle, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We only stayed in Fort Myers for one night before catching the Key West express and tried to find a reasonable priced hotel on the beach which was very difficult. The price was right for this hotel and it was one block from the beach. The outdoor areas of the resort were beautiful and I loved the colorful buildings. However, the inside was definitely outdated. With that said, I didn't go to Florida to be inside and the hotel was clean so I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've stayed here several times over the past couple of years and each time it gets worse. I reserved a room last Fall for this trip. I requested a specific room because the closer you are to the Teki Bar, the more noise you're going to have to deal with at 1a.m. as people are leaving the bar. I was told to reserve the room online (in the note section) and then call the office to make sure everthing was set. I did exactly what I was told and they told me I was good to go for our March trip. When I made a trip down, back in January, I decided to double check my reservation in person. I was told they don't take room requests. I told the clerk that's not what I was told. I showed her a copy of my email and all she had to say was, "sorry, we had two families that booked and they wanted room next to each other, so we had to move you." I was now in a room where I enjoyed everyone coming out of the bar, every night, at 1a.m.

As if this wasn't enough, we had NO hot water for a week. When I went to the office to let them know, I was told the hotel was booked solid and there wasn't anything they could do. After the second day of no hot water, I asked for some kind of compensation to my room. I was told they don't give room discounts, and was given two breakfast coupons to their tiki bar resturant. On the third day, I was told a manager would contact me, and the only thing they could do for me was to move me to a different room each night for the remainder of my stay. We were never contacted by a manager and gave up trying. We tried our shower at all different times of the day...early morning, dinner time, after 11p.m....and we never had hot water!

To add icing to the trip, the electrical outlets in the vanity area didn't work, so we had to use the outlets in the kitchen area in order to blow dry our hair...and our room was cleaned for four days of our trip, including taking out our trash or making our beds.

I've emailed the hotel and haven't received a response, which doesn't surprise me, considering they already have my full payment. The only good thing about the hotel is the location. The rooms are dated, the curtains over the widows hang half way off because they're missing clips, the refrigerator is old and rusty, the sliding window doesn't lock properly, and the staff will smile and welcome you, but once you let them know something might be wrong...they'll give you excuses and not much more.

Needless to say, we were happy to get home and get hot showers after a week of roughing it on vacation!! We're ready to ditch this place and stay elsewhere....

Room Tip: Room 201 has no hot water...ever! Sliding door doesn't lock and you're right outside their p...
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and 2 friends stayed one night on our way to Cayo Costa. The hotel is a somewhat older, Florida-style property. We had a very adequate 2 bedroom suite that included 2 bathrooms and a small kitchen and living room. What IS great about this property is the central location; you can walk just about everywhere. We really enjoyed the Smokin Oyster (SOB) for dinner. What we didn't count on is that tbhis suite was right above the Tiki Hut bar area, and it was Karaoke night. This resulted in very loud conditions until the wee hours of the morning. If we stayed again I would request a room in the back area away from the bar.

• Stayed March 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed in a Junior Deluxe Suite and it was a very nice room. It was very clean, spacious, and modern with a fully equipped kitchen. It was on the third floor and had a great view of the pool from the patio. The location is great-right across the street from Times Square. This hotel has a very tropical feel to it with all of the palm trees and other plant life around. My only complaint for this hotel would be the stray cats that seem to wander around. I only saw two and they were late at night, but it was a bit unappealing. Other than that it was a great stay-much quieter than other reviews lead me to believe. This place is good for all ages, and is very reasonably priced for the value. Just do not stay in the basic "Old Florida" rooms-those are the ones with many problems-stay in the newly built rooms (they tell you what year it was built on the site)

Room Tip: Do not stay in the basic "Old Florida" rooms-those are the ones with many problems-stay in...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Would not suggest staying in one of their standard motel rooms. Very very outdated, small, old and room smells musty. Old televisions with limited channels. Very poor wifi connections. Was very disappointed when I saw what I had rented.

Room Tip: Look at room first. Seem to vary alot in size and accomodations.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Only stayed one night as a layover for the Key West Express. Since it was Spring Break, we way over paid for the level of accommodations, but that is true at any hotel on Ft. Myers Beach at this time.

We checked in at 2p, but our room wasn't ready (supposed to be by 3p) but no problem. They had a good bar working and we quickly got on island time. Room finally ready at 330p.

The public facilities are dated, but about what you would expect for a small-ish, older facility - few more coats of paint to cover bigger aging issues. Nothing unusual for an island location. Anything less than a St. Regis or Hilton Resort will have similar problems. Lobby is a small room with a 2 woman staff most often. Helpful is a good word to use - they cheerfully arranged a taxi for our ride to the loading dock and had some suggestions for meals that evening beyond their own kitchen.

We stayed in the 'back' facility, and away from the main portion of the complex. VERY glad we did as our area was relatively quiet compared to the party going on at the main bar/tiki section. If we wanted to stay up (and not get up for the early morning boarding), this could have been fun! Lots of friendly people getting drunk and reliving (in most cases) their misspent youth! 8^))

The room was a suite with a living area, full kitchen, and bath. The bedroom was separated and had its own exit towards the pool in our section. Again, nice and quiet here as the party raged at the main pool. Overall, older furnishings, but very well maintained. Nothing fancy but functional. Flat screen in the living room, tube tv in the bedroom. Didn't cook anything so can't comment on the kitchen, but it looked completely functional for a longer stay.

Overall, the rating fits. 3 stars is about where this should land. If you can land a good deal (we used h'wire), then it's certainly worth the chance. If you're expecting Hyatt or Hilton, don't bother. If you're flexible and want a place that has a little 'charm' to go with the friendly atmosphere, then you'll be comfortable with the Lighthouse. Overall, we would stay again if given the chance.

Room Tip: Best to stay in the back facility if you want quiet. Up front if you don't mind the party at the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!