“GREAT TIKI BAR” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
LAKE PLACID,FL
“GREAT TIKI BAR”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice grounds[tiki bar] plenty of sport fans enjoying the game..Ghost Ants crawling around!alot of hotel maintanence going on[painting n pavers being installed]good food at tiki with grat beer special going on during the games.They get every game played on sunday football days!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the 3rd year I celebrate my birthday weekend at the Lighthouse resort. I love their rooms, rates are fabulous, they are friendly, have a great tiki bar with sports during the day and night entertainment. Beautiful pools and very clean, I should add. The general manager Brian is very sweet and takes care of their hotel guest to the max. Love their friendly staff. Great location!!!! Near by shops, walking distance to the beach. What can I say, it's perfect!!! I also came with family and they enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had our annual Birthday Party this past weekend. This is probably our fifth year having the party at the Lighthouse AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. We started with a pool party at one of their two pools and moved on to The Tiki Bar where the service was great & friendly. I ordered some appetizers from the bar that were soooo good ! The bar has regular entainment which included live music during the day & a DJ in the evening for everyone's dancing pleasure. After hours of birthday fun.....we retired to our suite...a large one bedroom with two queen beds, living room area with a pull out couch to accommodate more, if needed and a full kitchen. The room came with a large balcony over-looking the 2nd waterfall pool--which was where we relaxed the next morning before their Tailgating Football Sunday Party. This is definitely a "local" favorite place for the residents too!

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor this year.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

What a great time from Friday night until Sunday night at the Lighthouse. The Tiki Bar has always been the draw for me and I had never stayed until this time. Great, clean room overlooking the second pool. Spacious room that is bigger than my condo with all of the accouterments for such a great rate.
A very short walk to either The Yucatan or the Smokin' Oyster Brewery for dinner before heading back to close out the night. I had a great breakfast right there at the pool and the free wi-fi helped me set up my Fantasy Football team. I haven't even gone into the access that you have to the rest of Fort Myers Beach because it was so much fun staying right on the property.
Great place and I can't wait to put together another night or two to get down to the Lighthouse. Great job to Brian and all of his staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in 2,3,400 building. Beautiful rooms and great scenery.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed Friday & Saturday the 2nd week of September (off season). The room was nice, and well appointed. It is on the 2nd floor above the parking area (which, of course, was closed).

The central Tiki bar is a favorite night spot - we were told, and it was busy both nights. It is snuggled in the center of the garden area, surrounded by hotel buildings. We are karaoke freaks, and didn't find out about karaoke at the Tiki bar until we were checking out, really sorry we weren't informed - there should have been a sign or something.

The only really bad thing about the room..... The mattresses smelled profusely of urine. Yes, pee-pee. Very pungent, and very disturbing. As the place had very few guests, I'd have thought that it would be simple to swap rooms. But, no luck. One would think that the staff would have noticed and corrected such an obvious wreaking smell. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep, but went through a lot of my wife's perfume.

Room Tip: Park at the hotel and walk to the activities, to save on expensive parking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our second stay. One fun place. By the pool or in the Tiki bar everyone is having a good time. Very laid back. Lots of locals come to the Tiki Bar and everyone seems so friendly. I would have given five stars but the hotel is a bit worn but clean. Our smoke detector started a low battery chirp about 4AM but was fixed when maintenance arrived. Two blocks from the beach. Inexpensive and fun tropical vacation. Perfect place for a Parrothead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This place is the tropical setting. We were treated so nice. The room was clean. We had a problem with the airconditioner. It was fixed immediately. The Tiki bar was wonderful, even the locals treated us like they known us forever. Happy hour, can't beat it. I will be back for another 3 day get away. Super Bowl I bope to be there to watch. I'm sure we won't miss a play with all 50 plus TV's. I love it. Be sure to meet Shelly. She was awesome!.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!