“Great Location to Stay for Class Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-2699   |
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Great Location to Stay for Class Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Wow, I don't understand why there are negative reviews for this property - my wife and I were treated quite well. From the reservation process to the check-out, the staff were very kind, professional and helpful. They were great in facilatating our late arrival. Our room (cottage) location was great (poolside, with waterfall; and the parking availability)!! Speaking about the room, it was quite qaint and met our needs (though it needs a "little" carpet help). Oh, and the bed/mattress; it was one of the best compared to other hotels, motels, and resorts we've stayed at. And the location of the property being across the street from the beach and it's shops and restaurants plus close proximity to other attractions and stores in "nearby" neighborhoods and cities make this ideal!! I definitely will recommend this to family and friends - go to the "Lighthouse Resort Inn and Suites" and "Let Your Light So Shine."" Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms/cottages on the east side of the property (on 4th street) are next to the pool with the waterf...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Lighthouse Inn and Resort was the perfect place to stay. It's within walking distance of all the Beach hot spots and has a great Tiki bar, right at poolside for when you don't want to leave the property. Our room was clean and updated and the staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The only good thing about this place is that it's close to the beach & the Tiki bar. The rooms are gross...smells like mold, mattresses are old, things are rigged. This place needs a total revamp!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Roxy4Us

Travelers are raving about these Fort Myers Beach hotels

Pompano Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

....and in much better ones as well. My husband and I enjoy outdoorsy stuff, so we weren't so impressed by the hotel's proximity to local kitschy tourist shops and overpriced restaurants. The room was small and not terribly clean. I was frankly a bit worried about touching the bedspread. The tiki bar attracted some interesting folks..... Again, it was not the worst place ever, but I probably would never stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tabbles
Oak Lawn, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Checked out IMMEDIATELY due to the smell of mold, crud all over the kitchen area, bugs in the filthy bathroom and old broken down furniture. I've seen better rooms in SRO hotels.

Can't comment on the facilities because I did not stay long enough to sit down.

Buyer beware.

Room Tip: I'm told that the "newer" section is nicer, not that I stayed long enough to see it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Gators99
Valrico, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We booked this after having good luck following Hotels.com reviews in the past. This room was terrible. For starters, it was filthy dirty. The carpet was so gross, words cannot explain. The bed was broken, cricked, and caved in the middle. But that part of the room was a palace compared to the bathroom. The toilet was about 12-14 inches tall (not even a small standard size) and had less than 6 inches on each side. For two taller people (5'9" and 6'1") it made the stay impossible. I cannot even imagine how a smaller person finds comfort here, let along anyone larger than us! The shower was no better, barely any water pressure, luke warm water, and I could not even wash my hair without my elbows hitting the edge.

The website said updated - LIES. The roof was leaking, everything was old (and gross), and the room seemed damp. Dead bugs in the lamp fixtures, a half-working WINDOW air conditioner (the thermostat on the wall was old and must have been for decoration).

The worst part though - I woke up with a few bug bites I couldn't identify, a feeling of grime, and checked out early after one night, calling our vacation short. Even my Veteran husband who loves camping was mortified by this place.

The only good parts - the Tiki bar was awesome and Hotels.com refunded our money for tonight, so we only had to pay for the one night we stayed.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise -ask to be far from the Tiki Bar. (We didn't mind that part.) and a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Shaina E
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided late one Friday night to head up to FMB the following night just to get out of Naples for a bit. We booked our room online, sometime after 10pm, then went to bed. When we got up in the morning, my boyfriend had a voicemail from the hotel on the previous night saying that they had no rooms. We thought that was odd because the website let us book a room! So, we called the hotel, and, what do you know, they suddenly had a room! It was confusing and we didn't feel super confident that there would actually be a room when we started making our way up to FMB.

When we got to check-in at 3pm, there was a long line and only one person working the desk. I have a feeling another check-in agent didn't show up that day - a fully-booked hotel just doesn't leave one person to do all the check-ins alone. However, the agent who was working was very quick. When it was our turn, though, we were told our room wouldn't be ready in another 20-30 minutes. Sort of a bummer - BUT - and I say this because I see other people have complained about this very thing - SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF IS JUST NOT WORTH IT...especially on FMB. Checking in 20-30 minutes late is really small stuff, too, especially when there's a bar and pool right there next to check-in. So, we headed over to the bar, where we had 3 beers for $6. For real. The turn-around of our rocky start began!

When we headed back to check-in, the agent explained the debacle from the night before - while we were completing our reservation, the hotel filled up, leaving no rooms. However, when we called back, there had been a cancellation...of a room far larger than the one we originally booked. So, we got that new room at the price of the other one. Yay, upgrade! We stayed in room 622 in a suite with 2 queens, a kitchen, living/dining room area, and spacious bathroom. The room looked newly remodeled and was - no joke - bigger than my apartment. I've put people up in this hotel before and was expecting a tiny room, which would have been fine for our 22-hour vacation! This was a very pleasant surprise.

The hotel has an ideal central location and we were able to head in many directions for the evening. We only went to the pool by the tiki bar, and there were quite a few people there, but it was by no means uncomfortable. What I liked was that the pool had shade from the surrounding buildings. At so many other hotels, guests fight over umbrellas at the pool - here there was no need for them!

There's a fair amount of street/FMB noise at night, but that is to be expected, especially for a hotel at the foot of the Matanzas Pass bridge. We didn't have any problem sleeping through the night. If you're looking for quiet vacation, you might want to consider a different part of the island or Sanibel.

Here's where the Lighthouse won me over: we checked out at 9:30am and slowly headed back to Naples. At home 12 hours later I realized I left my treasured swimsuit in the hotel room bathroom. If you're a lady, you'll appreciate how valuable a cute, flattering swimsuit is - especially when it was one you splurged on. I called the hotel and they said they'd check with housekeeping in the morning. I was really bummed because it had already been half a day and I just figured it was tossed out - how many people ever want their swimsuits back this badly?

To my great surprise, the first thing Monday morning, I got a call from the hotel saying they found it! Housekeeping didn't toss it! They had a whole FedEx procedure set-up for me to retrieve it, but since I only live an hour away and I needed to go to Ft. Myers anyway, I just stopped by the hotel to pick it up. I cannot express how happy this made me (especially when I saw that the store that carries my ridiculous swimsuit doesn't have my size anymore).

Room Tip: Get a 6th floor suite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple