“Our best vacation ever.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: FantaSea Sailing is your premier sailing experience in Fort Myers Beach Florida offering Half Day, Sunset, and Custom sailing cruises and charters. We sail daily from Salty Sam's Marina. You will be sailing with Captain Paul and his crew. Tropical music will greet you as you board. Cool water, ice, mixed nuts and fresh fruit are available, and you may bring snacks and other adult and soft beverages to enhance your experience. The sailing vessel Panacea is a 43 foot ketch rig. Two cabins and two clean restrooms. She is licensed and insured. We are proud members of the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce and N.A.C.O - The National Association of Charterboat Operators for the past 7 years.
Rochester
“Our best vacation ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Take a day trip or, take a week. What ever you want it's your call. Paul and Pat make it easy for you. Warm and friendly with no pressure. The wonderful memories of sailing aboard Panacea will stay with us for a life time. We are all ready planning our next adventure with Fantasea Sailing. See you on the dock.

Visited June 2011

St Paul,MN
11 attraction reviews
“Loved it! We will sail with Captain Paul again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Being out in the gulf is a wonderful place to see a sunset. Just beautiful. Because we had gone for a sunset sail with with Captain Paul last year and enjoyed it so much we booked this sail. We wanted a longer sail & the chance to "live on a boat".
I talked with Captain Paul a number of times to decide were to sail, for how long, and many details about sailing with him. He gave me a number of ideas from destinations to menus. I felt very comfortable that Katie & I would enjoy our sail when I booked it. I was right!
My wife & I had so much fun sailing with Captain Paul! Panacea is a really nice sailboat, big & roomy! Sailing was smooth, room was comfortable, food was good, even his songs & ukulele were fun. Took his advice and spent 3 days sailing to Cabbage Key & Burnt store Marina. We will be back for more! Yes, we both had a cheeseburger at Cabbage Key, the inspiration for Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise." Neat little island. Dinner at the restaurant at Burnt Store marina was also good. Captain Paul's breakfast, fresh fruit & other food was very good. Lot's of water available was also a nice touch!
He even let us sail. As neither of us are sailors, it was fun.
Bring suntan lotion, a camera, binoculars(lots of dolphins, a pair of eagles, osprey, etc), hats, light jacket for maybe a cool evening(you are on the water!), swimsuits clothes if you think you must,and expect to have a blast. We were barefoot most of the time.
We are talking about trying to get back for a longer sail, maybe to the Dry Tortugas.
Oh, we were very happy with the price. No doubt we got our money's worth, both times.
If I still have to say it, I strongly recommend Fantasea Sailing, Captain Paul & his first mate Alex!
Thanks, Captain!

Visited March 2011
CaptPaulFS, Owner at FantaSea Sailing, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Well put and thank you for your detailed review. I know we will sail again my friend. Our trips have been fun and enlightening. Cabbage Key was a blast and I'm still waiting to show you the Dry Tortugas. It's an adventure you are going to enjoy. See you soon, I hope. - Capt. Paul
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Awesome boat and most friendly Captain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is one of those things that will always be remembered from our family trip! From the spacious, comfortable boat to the friendly and entertaining Captain, everything was great. We had a relaxing sail that even included seeing dolphins! I would suggest this to anyone that wants to add a memorable experience to their vacation. Thank you Capt. Paul!!

Visited July 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Great sailing, great people, great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I have had the pleasure of sailing and living on Capt. Paul’s sailboat Panacea. Capt. Paul and his crew are nice people, know their stuff and make sure you have a great sailing experience. You can do an overnight sail or just a day sail and either way the main word is fun. If you’d like to learn some about sailing along the way you can do that too.
The Panacea itself is a great boat with comfortable bedrooms, a galley and a very spacious living room, I should say salon.
I choose Capt. Paul and I will be back again.

Visited July 2011
Always good to have you return to Panacea. We love sailing with you. Also... On Panacea it's called a "Saloon." a Salon is where you are primped, a saloon is where you meet with friends and have fun... It's a no brainer for us. See you soon. - Capt. Paul
Quincy
“What an amazing experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

If you only have time to do one thing in Ft. Myers Beach this is the one you don't want to miss!! I had such a wonderful time with Captain Paul and his lovely wife Pat. I learned a lot about sailing and even got to steer the boat. You could not ask for a more gracious Captain my every need was met, the boat is quite comfortable and the scenery is awesome!! Dolphins, sea turtles, sting rays. What more could you ask for than an adventure with a very knowledgeable Captain who can answer all your questions and even entertains you at times. He is a spectacular magician, guitar player and even sings once in a while. Don't even think about this one, just go, I promise you will not be disappointed!!!

Visited March 2011
Thank you for the kind words. You're special around here and need to get back to the sea. I have a cracked coconut and dark chocolate waiting for you. Continue to stay in touch and I'll be seeing you soon. - Capt. Paul