“A wonderful place to spend a week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11281 Summerlin Square Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“A wonderful place to spend a week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

My wife and I had a third floor suite for a week in early February, 2010. We especially liked the quiet location, the cleanliness and roominess of the two-room suite, and the energy all the staff put into making everything great. The night clerk, Desiree, was super-efficient and amiable. I don't know if she baked the cookies on the counter, but they were a nice touch. Our housekeeper, Yadira, kept the suite in excellent condition and didn't disturb any of our personal items that we left out. John and Laura did a super job of managing the entire property but the standout worker on the staff was Martha, who kept the morning breakfasts well supplied and going. It was Martha's wonderful disposition and high energy level that just amazed us.

There was very little to dislike about our stay. About all I can remember is that the carpeting in the breakfast area could use a good cleaning because of all the items that people either drop or spill.

All in all, we felt that the property was described accurately on their website and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Toronto, Canada & K Ranch, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

As Hilton Diamonds, my wife and I (both retired business people) visit Florida most winters with a number of different Hiltons on our possibilty list. Every year, The Hampton Summerlin is a definite stop, since we always have many things on our "To Do" list.

This year, (in addition to our Valentine's Day lunch at "The Green Flash Restaurant" on Captiva Island"); I wanted to surprise my wife with a couple of dozen valentine roses, so I asked GM Jerry if he still had the "Crystal Vase" (that I had left behind last year). He went back to his office and brought it out to the registration desk. I then drove to my secret "fresh Rose Vendor"; and bought a couple dozen roses. Since I had been gone a long time, I was thinking that my wife might become aware of my absence and ruin the "Valentine's Surprise". When I got to the front desk with the bunches of roses, two of Jerry's front desk girls said that my wife was at the front desk looking for me earlier.

We quickly agreed on a plan to get me back to the suite, and for them to cut and arrange the roses for me.

When my wife and I returned from lunch we agreed that my wife would ask for "a letter" that had arrived at the front desk. My wife had to look over this beautiful bouquet of White and Red roses, sitting in our crystal vase in the middle of the registration desk. Of course, they couldn't find "The letter", and of course my wife was a little annoyed that she had to look over "Someone elses" Valentine Roses, while the girls looked everywhere for "The Non Existent Letter".

Finally I spoke up and said, "Well, since you can't find our letter, we'll just have to take these roses".

It was only then, that my wife caught on that she had gotten her "Valentine's Day Surprise".

We always have a good time when we stay at The Hampton, Summerlin. Ft. Myers.

If you need to borrow our "Crystal Vase", ask Jerry for it; but be sure to return it, so it's there next year, when we return.

Hampshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. The staff were friendly, the room was large and clean and the kind bed was enormous! There was a great free breakfast which included hot food and a great selection of pastries, fruit, cereals etc.

The hotel was great but unfortunately we didn't like Fort Myers! This was our first visit to Fort Myers and we we weren't very impressed! We had just stayed in Naples for four nights and Fort Myers was so run down and shabby in comparison! The beach parking was very expensive and the mall was very poor. The beach is lovely but it is just as nice in Bonita Springs or Naples. I would however recommend 2 attractions that we enjoyed -

1. Good Time Charters - great sunset boat trip
2. Manatee Park - fantastic free park with lots of manatee sightings.

Overall - if you like Fort Myers then i would recommend you stay at the Hampton Inn as it was a great hotel but if you are considering visiting the area, i wouldn't bother! Sorry Fort Myers!

Outside Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

We stayed at a different Hampton Inn a couple of years ago in Ft. Myers. This one was closer to Sanibel Island so we booked a suite for a week. We got a good price $98/night. The suite was fine and pretty comfortable. Free breakfast was pretty good (sometimes the hot choice was not so great). Wireless internet was available and speedy enough in the dining (public) area. Staff were unremarkable but not bad. There were three or four restaurants within walking distance.

The small issues were a visit from some tiny ants; the housekeeping staff didn't replenish tea bags; no towels in small fitness center; very noisy treadmill; coin op washer out of order; some debris in stairway was never cleaned during our seven-day stay; one time we found a pitcher of sour milk on the breakfast buffet; internet in the room required a cable and was only available at the desk in the bedroom; some light switches were in inconvenient places (shouldn't they be right next to the door?); sometimes in the morning all dining tables were full and people had to wait.

Westerly, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Fabulous staff, breakfast included.....comfortable beds! What more do you need in a place to stay.

Bussum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for the second time. It's a quit, relaxed, clean hotel.
Breakfast is excellent, staff is welcoming.

Only complaint is that the pooldoor was still closed at 8 am.

• Stayed September 2009
Akron Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed here one night. We wanted to be close to Sanibel Island so we could get to the Ding Darling Natl Wildlife Refuge early the next day. We've stayed at plenty of Hampton Inns and this one was a good location for our purpose. I would say this place was on the lower end of Hampton Inns we've been to. Mostly this has to do with noise. We did not run into much of a problem after 10pm, but I think that was because the weather was quite cool and there were not many people staying there. We asked for a quiet room. We got one away from the elevator (good) but it looked out onto the pool area (potentially bad, but there was only one family using the pool after 9pm). The room doors were very noisy -- every time the person across the hall used their door, it slammed loudly and our door shook in its frame. Also, when the person above us flushed the toilet, it was a dull roar in our room. We tried turning on the fan for white noise, but it was also quite loud. Because we are pretty picky about wanting a quiet room to sleep in, I would not stay here again.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
fmyhshx, manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, January 19, 2010
We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me in your next stay at the Fort Myers Beach area.
Sincerely