“this hotel was a nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11281 Summerlin Square Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #13 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Georgia, United States
“this hotel was a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was by far the worst stay in my entire travelling years i would never refer this place to anyone dirty, people were just rude housekeeping was awful toilet seats were broken in the two room we were in , the housekeeping needed to be reminded to clean on their schedule only if u didnt let them they pretty much said screw you, never had clean towels rooms never vacummed i had to clean my room on a daily basis very upsetting

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Joseph N,

Thank you for taking the time to provide the Trip Advisor Community with feedback of your recent stay with us. First let me say, we are very disappointed in the service we provided you while you were here. While the housekeeping staff was very busy during the time in which you stayed; There is no excuse to have your room serviced that late in the day or that you had to remind them that your room needed to be serviced. We pride ourselves on providing 1st class service and we have failed at doing this.

We are currently undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation throughout the hotel and plan to fix any and all maintenance issues at this time. We will be replacing all of the toilet seats as well, to insure this does not happen again.

Due to the fact that you had such a bad experience we have refunded 1 Nights room and tax to you. I hope in due time you will reconsider staying with us again. I am confident we can provide you with the experience you have come to expect from Hampton and that we can make up for this stay.

Thank you again for your thoughts and have a wonderful day!

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fort Meyers Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Emilee and the entire Hampton Inn team have great customer service and I would stay here again!!! I can not wait to see how the Hampton will look after the renovations are complete. Thank you again the Hampton Inn team members for a wonderful stay. Ten tumbs up!!!

Dear Sherrye,

Thank you for the great comments! We love to here our guests comments and it makes it even better when they recognize all of the hard work we put in to make each guest stay great! We also appreciate your patience and understanding of our ongoing renovation. We can't wait to have you back so we can show you our beautiful hotel! Please come back and see us again soon!
stoke on trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Greated by friendly staff on check in, was able to check in to my room at 10:30AM. After 10 hours on th road from SC with was music to my ears. My only issuse was noise, being in room 439 i was close to the elevator and that attracted some noise. Apart from that AWESOME JOB !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Avalon,

Thank you for the amazing review! We try our very best to get our guests into their room's as soon as possible and I am glad we were able to do this for you! Please come back and visit us again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach/ Sanibel Island Area!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed an entire week in a suite with a kitchen and a study room, both rooms were fine. This is a definite family friendly property with convenient location to access shopping and beaches. Free breakfast was good, standard hotel fare. The pool was nice and clean for the times we did not want to go to the beach.

Good:
Location, friendly, free breakfast, clean room

Not so good:
HOT lobby and hallways, they said an AC unit was out, and I hope they fix it soon because the breakfast area was NOT comfortable, we took our food back to our rooms.

All of the staff were friendly and professional, thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear GadgetMedic,

Thank you for the great review! We take great pride in offering our guests 1st Class Service! We are glad to know you enjoyed our location and we hope you had a fantastic time visiting our local beaches. We are currently fixing the lobby A/C and hope to have it done very soon.

Please come back and visit us again the next time you are in the Fort Myers Beach/ Sanibel Island Area!
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've stayed here many times because of the convenient location near FMB and Sanibel, I am a loyal Hilton Honors member. As always, the breakfast was excellent and the woman who runs the breakfast area very friendly and customer oriented. I like the fact that the pool is in an enclosed courtyard at center of hotel and not overlooking a street or mall.

The room/hotel description said that a refrigerator was standard in the room. I arrived and there was no fridge. The front desk person said that she could get me one. Maintenance came up with a large ugly fridge that looked like it was made in the 1950's. I put my stuff in the freezer, and when I opened it up to get my water, it stunk like an ashtray full of cigar smoke. It ruined my food and stunk up the room. I complained to the front desk and a mechanic came up, he was friendly and stuck his nose into the freezer, and said that guests sometimes hide cigarettes in there. He replaced it with an equally old/ugly but non-stinking fridge. Who knew that in a modern hotel I'd have to ask for a "non-smoking refrigerator"?

I have to say this "soured" my opinion of this hampton inn because i had to spend a lot of my time dealing with this issue. I come to the area every winter. I hope that the renovations will provide clean refrigerators in every room without having to go through all the hassle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Les,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Fort Myers Beach. I want to apologize for providing you with a less than adequate refrigerator. We thoroughly clean our portable refrigerators and microwaves after each use but it seems like this one could have been done much better. As you mentioned in the review, we are undergoing our renovation beginning today and ending around Thanksgiving. We will identify and fix any and all issues during this time. I hope you will consider giving us another chance upon its completion!

Thank you again for the review and have a wonderful day!
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was clean, in a good location, and around several restaurants.

The bed was not comfortable. We both woke up neck and back pain. The air conditioner woke me up all night long. This air conditioning unit would turn off and on, and when it went on, you'd jump out of your skin! Then, it kicked up another notch a few seconds later. Also, there was a smell in the hotel in general (they had fans running downstairs drying something?) and our room smelled funky. Not sure why. I had several asthma attacks while in the hotel room. Not sure why that occurred, but it could have been the air conditioner?

Regarding location, it was not far away from Sanibel Island. We passed several restaurants, and loved the location of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay down on the first floor, near the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear DuckySue,

Thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel staff and Trip Advisor Community details of your recent stay with us. We love hearing about our guests experience, even when everything didn't go as we would have liked. Feedback like this will only help us to improve our ability to service our guests and we really do appreciate it.

I apologize the A/C in your room turned on and off all night. I am sending our maintenance department to the room you stayed in and will address this problem right away. As for the fans in the lobby; That was due to an untimely breakage in our main lobby A/C. This was unexpected and we are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you again for providing a review of your stay. We are about to undergo a multi-million renovation throughout the entire building. We will address all of the issues you experienced during this renovation. We expect to have the most beautiful accommodations in all of Fort Myers Beach upon its completion. Please come back and visit us again the next time you are in the area so we can go above and beyond your expectations!
Clewiston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Everything is nice, clean and very plesents. If i'm ever in the area again and had to stay over night or just to plan a weekend trip with my kids, this would be my choice Hotel again. I would diffently recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Lillian,

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us! We take great pride in making sure our hotel is as clean and comfortable as it can be. We want our guests to come back again and again and I hope that you and your family will do so! Thank you again for staying with us and providing Trip Advisor with such a wonderful review! See you again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway? Share your experiences!