“Very nice hotel in a good location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11281 Summerlin Square Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Tallahassee, Florida
“Very nice hotel in a good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The room was nice, nothing fancy. Coffee maker was in the bathroom on the counter, it worked but was not ideal. The staff did a great job of taking care of the room the entire week of my stay. The free hot breakfast was great. There is no real business center, just two computers connected to printers in the common eating area but it was sufficient to check-in for my flight and print my boarding pass. Front desk staff for most part was very friendly and accommodating with the exception of one young man but he was more patronizing than out right rude when a problem came up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your most recent stay! We are very excited to hear that you had such a great stay. We pride ourselves on having the best service, staff and amenities in the industry, all while being at an affordable price. I will pass on your wonderful remarks to the staff and will also discuss your comments with the gentlemen who came across as patronizing. Thank you again and we are looking forward to having you back very very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We were able to use points for an overnight here before checking into the Sanibel condo. Staff is friendly & accommodating and everything is very clean. The site is only a few miles from the causeway to Sanibel/Captiva. Enjoyed the last free meal (breakfast) we will have for awhile, and it was not very crowded on a Saturday. One minor quibble: The wi-fi is "nostalgic," making one long for the reliability of 56k dial-up modem service. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Csupp,

Thank you for the great review! Sanibel Island is such a beautiful place and I am glad we were able to accommodate you before you moved over to the Island. It's great to hear you enjoyed our Free Hot Breakfast Buffet, it is always a hit with our guests! Thank you for making us aware of your internet troubles; We are identifying the problem right now and will make sure our guests don't have to worry about having a quality internet connection. Thank you again for writing a great review and please come and stay with us again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Area!
Salida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The location is perfect close to the beaches. We were riding bicycle so the fact that we were right near the bridge makes it easy to ride along the beach. Staff very friendly and efficient, beds comfortable. I have come to appreciate the consistency of Hamptons especially when traveling to a new area. Very few surprises.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DJack,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! You just can't beat riding a bike during a beautiful March day down here in Fort Myers Beach. There are so many great things to do and taking a stroll is definitely one of them! It is always great to hear about our guests experience and we really appreciate you making the TripAdvisor community aware of your experience with us! We hope to host you again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach/ Sanibel Area!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The bed and pillows were very comfortable, toiletries good quality and well-stocked, nice towels and soap. Wi-fi worked great. The only slight issue I had was that the sink was slow to drain. Breakfast was really good, enjoyed a cheese omelet even. A USA Today newspaper brought to my door. Best of all was the yummy cookie at check-in! Location was a block or two off the busy street so nice and quiet, away from traffic noise. There were some kids having fun in the pool, but they did not stay late and it was spring break. I had a room on the top floor so no noise from people in rooms above. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Straightscoop,

Thank you for the tremendous review! Hampton Inn prides itself on providing the most clean and comfortable linens in the industry and I am glad you were able to enjoy them. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you back very soon!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

So, In short a typical Hampton Inn although the pool was quite nice and to have a suite was handy. The sad part is that due to a family emergency, a manager would not allow me to modify my reservation and was prepared to charge me the full monty (even though I called at 7 pm the night before we were due to arrive).
Whats worse is that I wrote the Hilton hotel chain out of concern to the treatment I had received and never heard a thing.

My first and last stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bluefevah,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn and Suites - Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway. We are very glad that you chose to stay with us during your time in Fort Myers Beach. I am very sorry you had a family emergency and hope that everything is OK with you and your family. We did our best to contact the 3rd Party Site that you reserved through but unfortunately, you booked through a Non-Refundable rate. I always recommend reserving a room directly through the Hotel or through Central Reservations, so that if their is a problem you are able to modify or cancel your reservation at no extra charge. Often times we find the 3rd parties such as Expedia and Priceline are unwilling to refund a room regardless of circumstance. Please send our best wishes to you and your family and I hope you consider us again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach/ Sanibel Island Area!
Auburn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel was a typical Hampton Inn though there is a huge diffrence in some of the room sizes. We were in a room that was small it has a table and chair though it was at the end of the bed and you could barely sit in it as you were wedged between the bed and table. It also made it next to impossible to walk around the bed. They have 2 elevators at each end of the hall though during the day they are exremely slow as the housekeepers are using them to move from floor to floor often pushing both the up and down button on the fllors. Watch your feet as they will push the cart right in the elevator with you. The location is quiet though they are a drive or trolly ride from the beach which is a little decieving by the name. The staff are great and the pool was nice. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: make sure you get a full size room some are smaller though they have two beds.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We always appreciate hearing our guest's honest opinions of their stay. I'm sorry you did not feel that our Standard 2 Queen room was not very large. At 275 square feet they are about half the size of our 550 square foot Suites. I hope the next time you visit the area you allow us to host you in one of our amazing suites, so that we can go above and beyond your expecatations! If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly at 239-437-8888 x526 or you may email me at Charles.Stallings@hilton.com
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Priceline. When we arrived, we were a little apprehensive about the area...it seems that most all of the other businesses adjacent are closed. However, the hotel lobby was nice, and check in was smooth. We stayed in Room 404, and had no trouble finding parking and no trouble with the elevator. The room was extremely clean and had all the comforts of home....microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot. The bed was SO comfortable, as were the pillows, and the duvet cover was soft and sparkling clean. The bathroom was large and toiletry samples were provided. The towels were soft. The TV was a flat screen with plenty of channels. The wifi worked great. Everything was in good repair and clean. The pool area was wonderful, with clean towels supplied, and plenty of tables and chairs. It was chilly during our visit, but I still enjoyed the pool, since it is heated and feels wonderful. The breakfast was above average, with eggs, bacon, potatoes, as well as the usual fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, etc. There was oatmeal with fixings, fruit juices, milk and coffee. The food was not stellar, but tasty, and added to the value of staying here. It was nice to sit outside by the pool and enjoy the morning. USA today paper was waiting for us outside our door in the morning. The location is really close to Ft. Myers Beach and fairly close to Sanibel causeway. Once again, it is a little odd that all the other businesses in the area are closed (there is a Taco Bell and a Perkins restaurant within walking distance). But, the area seems safe, and there were people walking and riding bikes constantly while we were there. The only issue I had during my visit, is when I tried to extend my stay for one extra night, the hotel staff quoted me a price of nearly 3 times what I originally paid through Priceline...when told them this, they told me I would have to call Priceline to get the same rate. Didn't seem like they cared if I stayed or not..which I didn't. Other than that incident, I would definitely stay here again....and would recommend this hotel to EVERYone!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear SwampCircleGirl,

Thank you for the amazing review! Stay's like the one you experienced are what make working in the Hospitality Industry so great! The team and I are so glad you were able to enjoy our Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet and want to thank you for the great detail you went to in your post! I am very sorry that you did not feel welcome to extend your stay. During the 1st part of the year in Florida is our busiest time and I always like to suggest making a reservation longer just in case you decide to stay. None-the-less, what you experienced by our Front Desk Staff was extremely inappropriate regardless of our Occupancy that day. I hope you accept our sincerest apologies and that you visit us again very soon!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway? Share your experiences!