“a pleasant short term visit to visit friends in Fort Myers.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11281 Summerlin Square Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #16 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Normandy Beach, New Jersey
“a pleasant short term visit to visit friends in Fort Myers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our room was comfortable, clean and attractive. Our interactions witth the staff were pleasant and professional. Overall, a positive experience. Breakfast was a good value. Location to visit Fort Myers & Sanibel was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Vicki,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay! Even though you were only here for a short time we loved having you here and hope that you return again soon! We hope to give you exceptional service and value each time you stay with us. Take Care!

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sanford, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

When vacationing, we stay at Hampton Inns when possible. We booked this hotel because of it's location near Sanibel Island. It actually is probably 10 or more miles to the bridge to Sanibel. It is close to Fort Myers Beach, which we loved.
We stayed in a room on the fourth floor of the hotel. The Wi-Fi did not work well there. When we reported it to the front desk, we were told to call an 800 number for assistance! Not my job!
There is a lovely heated pool with this facility, but it seemed to be taken over by the "long-termers". There were no seats available in the sun, although many seats were "saved" by towels.
We would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Marjorie,

Thank you writing a review of your stay. I am glad you were able to visit the beautiful island of Sanibel while you were here. Frommers.com ranked Sanibel Island as the #1 place to visit in the world! We are actually only 5 miles to the Sanibel Bridge and 2.9 miles to Fort Myers Beach. I am sorry that there were so many guests enjoying our beautiful pool and hope the next time you visit you will give us another chance to allow you to use it! If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me at 239-437-8888.
NPR, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great room and very comfortable. Air conditioning system worked wonderfully and that is not the norm in a lot of hotels. I thought the price was a bit steep but it is winter in FL so the prices are jacked up. The breakfast was the normal stuff plus bacon and some kind of scrambled eggs that I have never seen before. But they tasted just ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Larry,

Thank you for the great review! We hope that you enjoyed your stay in beautiful Fort Myers Beach. We have installed brand new A/C units in many of our rooms and it look's as though you were able to enjoy them! Please come back and visit us the next time you visit our area, as we would love to have you back!
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The room was clean and well furnished. The breakfast area was spacious and served a great breakfast every day. The pool was a nice area and well heated. Definitely will stay here again. One thing that my wife and I enjoyed was that this facility had many couples about our age and some that used this hotel as a winter home for 5-8 weeks. Not sure how this happened but we saw no children during our visit. Was quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marathon,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Great stay's like the one you experienced is the goal we strive for everyday! We are very excited to know that you enjoyed our Pool and that you were able to meet our long term guests! Please come back and visit us again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach Area!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is an older Hampton Inn. Positives include: adjacent to a Taco Bell and walking distance to Sunflower Cafe, Perkins and Walgreen's. Breakfast is good. Negatives include: lukewarm water and tired furnishings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dad05,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent trip to Fort Myers Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our close proximity to Fort Myers Beach and the neighboring stores and restaurants! We do apologize that our water temperature was not up to your expectations. Since your stay we have raised the temperature of our Hot Water heaters to ensure this does not happen again. I hope you will consider us again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach Area.
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First of all let me start by saying that I am an HHonrs member and that the Hampton Inn is my preferred hotel of choice when I travel for business. They are usually fairly priced and kept clean.

This hotel appeared clean when I got there. The front desk staff was very friendly. The sheets were fresh and the room smelled good, but that was where it ended. After sleeping there for my first night I got up and proceeded to get ready for my business appointments. When I went into the bathroom there were tiny bugs crawling over my toothbrush. They appeared to be originating out of the sink drain. I threw the toothbrush out and after getting headed to the drugstore to buy a replacement so my breath woudn't smell for my meetings.

The breakfast on the next day was good, although not great. However the people handling the breakfast were polite and friendly. But upon returing to my room after breakfast the bugs were back crawling all over the sink and counter. I checked out shortly thereafter.

This hotel is close the Ft. Myers Beach but is surrounded by abaondoned commercial property. The rate was low but I'd prefer to stay somewhere else. This hasn't turned me off to Hampton Inn, but just this particular location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear KeepGoing,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the initial part of your stay here. However, I am disappointed that the latter end of your stay was not up to your expectations. We work very hard to make sure our guests receive a consistent Hampton Experience each time they visit us. I hope that the next time you visit you will give us another chance to go above and beyond your expectations!
The Villages, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hotel location hard to find with no street sign to indicate where it is. AC fan very loud. Shower was without hot water. Toilet flush was very weak. No phone directory in the room. Breakfast offering was stale and poor. This was a 56th anniversary trip - spoiled. Management took a very uninterested attitude. Forget the approval or money back guarantee - never even mentioned by management.

Room Tip: tough to do - you must rely on management.
Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Alvin,

Thank you for allowing us to hear about your stay. I am very sorry you experienced those issues while you were here. Unfortunately, this is the first time the General Manager or myself were made aware of these mishaps. We would have made sure these things were corrected had we known about them. So I do apologize that your stay was not up to the standards you've come to expect from a Hilton Affiliated property. I hope that you will give us another chance to "wow" you and express our "Hamptonality" the next time you visit Fort Myers Beach! Please feel free to call me at 239-437-8888 x526 if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway? Share your experiences!